• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Almost Every Christian Going To Hell According To Bible

smokydot

that still doesn't take away our guilt or our responsibility... forgiveness is up to the individual.
and doesn't our integrity count for anything?
imo, we have this one shot in life, why not do the best one can instead of using jesus as a disclaimer for ones shortcomings. this notion that only good can come from god does not reconcile how we need to be supported in order to progress and improve our current state of being...
Because you don't get to make the rules.
jesus is a scapegoat nothing else. and what dignified person would want that?
Your dignity is without standing in the Divine Court.

Jesus is your only hope. . .he is the perfect scapegoat, who was foreshadowed in the scapegoat of the Levitical law, which bore away the sin of the people laid upon him.

waitasec

Veteran Member
Who keeps you from refusing it?
You are allowed to refuse it.

it's a threat, not an offer.
there is no freedom in that offer.

if someone were to point a gun to my head and say
'do what i want and i'll let you live'
is that an offer or a threat?

javajo

that still doesn't take away our guilt or our responsibility... forgiveness is up to the individual.
and doesn't our integrity count for anything?
imo, we have this one shot in life, why not do the best one can instead of using jesus as a disclaimer for ones shortcomings. this notion that only good can come from god does not reconcile how we need to be supported in order to progress and improve our current state of being...
jesus is a scapegoat nothing else. and what dignified person would want that?
Your argument is with Jesus as scripture says:

From Luke 24...7the Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.
44And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
45Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
46And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
47And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

waitasec

Veteran Member
Because you don't get to make the rules.
Your dignity is without standing in the Divine Court.

Jesus is your only hope. . .he is the perfect scapegoat, who was foreshadowed in the scapegoat of the Levitical law, which bore away the sin of the people laid upon him.

what does that mean, "Your dignity is without standing in the Divine Court."?
if you don't have dignity what do you have?

dignity: a fundamental principle of being free from a corrupted influence or motive.

this idea of jesus is an easy explanation that explains nothing really because
we are all born with a sense of integrity as a guide for our dignity. my only hope is to keep my integrity intact.
a believers hope is to gain favor, but at what price? what is dignity and integrity worth?

waitasec

Veteran Member
Your argument is with Jesus as scripture says:

From Luke 24...7the Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.
44And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
45Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
46And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
47And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

what dignified person would accept that as an explanation?

smokydot

what does that mean, "Your dignity is without standing in the Divine Court."?
I am speaking in Biblical concepts.
if you don't have dignity what do you have?
dignity: a fundamental principle of being free from a corrupted influence or motive.
this idea of jesus is an easy explanation that explains nothing really becausewe are all born with a sense of integrity as a guide for our dignity. my only hope is to keep my integrity intact.
I support that hope.
a believers hope is to gain favor, but at what price?
That falls somewhat short of the matter.
what is dignity and integrity worth?
Suffice it to say, they are enhanced, rather than compromised, by faith in Jesus Christ.

waitasec

Veteran Member
I am speaking in Biblical concepts.

then biblical concepts fail to take into account our dignity

That falls somewhat short of the matter.
Suffice it to say, they are enhanced, rather than compromised, by faith in Jesus Christ.

what is faith then? isn't it to believe what is unseen by casting reason and logic aside?
which are the very same faculties that are required to sustain our dignity.

smokydot

then biblical concepts fail to take into account our dignity
what is faith then? isn't it to believe what is unseen by casting reason and logic aside?
which are the very same faculties that are required to sustain our dignity.
No, faith is based in personal evidence that transcends logic and reasoning.

Logic and reasoning are used to inform faith, they are not its basis.

waitasec

Veteran Member
No, faith is based in personal evidence that transcends logic and reasoning.

"i have faith unicorns exist because i have visions of them"
would that constitute as faith transcending logic and reasoning?

Logic and reasoning are used to inform faith, they are not its basis.

well that's not a good argument for faith...is it?

smokydot

"i have faith unicorns exist because i have visions of them"
would that constitute as faith transcending logic and reasoning?
It would not constitute Biblical faith.

It wasn't just a burning bush that made Moses know he was dealing with God.
When you encounter God, there will be no doubt about who it is.
And nothing on earth will change your mind about it.
well that's not a good argument for faith...is it?
Faith is not based in argument. It is based in conviction by the Holy Spirit.

But faith also has content. If you doubt that, just read Paul's letter to the Romans.
Logic and reasoning serve to understand its content, but they are not faith's basis.

waitasec

Veteran Member
It would not constitute Biblical faith.

It wasn't just a burning bush that made Moses know he was dealing with God.
When you encounter God, there will be no doubt about who it is.
And nothing on earth will change your mind about it.

if a burning bush started to talk to me
what's the purpose of faith then...?

Faith is not based in argument. It is based in conviction by the Holy Spirit.

your right. faith conflicts empirical evidence as a conviction based on idiosyncratic impressions

But faith also has content. If you doubt that, just read Paul's letter to the Romans.
Logic and reasoning serve to understand its content, but they are not faith's basis.

hope has it's limits.
belief in the unseen is limitless...which is illogical and unreasonable

smokydot

if a burning bush started to talk to me
what's the purpose of faith then...?
Satan can do tricks like that.

But Moses knew exactly who he was dealing with.
your right. faith conflicts empirical evidence as a conviction based on idiosyncratic impressions
Absence of empirical evidence is not evidence of absence.
The object and doctrines of faith conflict with nothing that is empirically proven.

hope has it's limits.
belief in the unseen is limitless...which is illogical and unreasonable
Not too sure how hope got into it. . .

Belief in the Biblical unseen is bounded by the Word of God written.

waitasec

Veteran Member
Satan can do tricks like that.
But Moses knew exactly who he was dealing with.

simply because of what the bush was saying
(correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't the concept of satan introduced in the NT?)

Absence of empirical evidence is not evidence of absence.
The object and doctrines of faith conflict with nothing that is empirically proven.
absence of empirical evidence is absence of empirical evidence which would support the notion of it's improbability...more than supporting it's probability.

Not too sure how hope got into it. . .
are you saying faith has it's limits?

Belief in the Biblical unseen is bounded by the Word of God written.

highly improbable because of the implication of the lack of empirical evidence that such a claim can be true...

with that said, does faith have content?

smokydot

simply because of what the bush was saying
It's much more powerful than that.
(correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't the concept of satan introduced in the NT?)
You will find him in the book of Job.
absence of empirical evidence is absence of empirical evidence which would support the notion of it's improbability...more than supporting it's probability.
Nice reach. . .but in court, where the purpose is to try to determine the truth about matters, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. . .no qualifiers allowed.
are you saying faith has it's limits?
Biblical faith is based in the authority of its revelator. It goes no further than the revelation warrants, or it becomes un-Biblical.
highly improbable because of the implication of the lack of empirical evidence that such a claim can be true...
Did you miss the word Biblical? My response is in regard to Biblical faith; that is, what the Bible regards as faith.
with that said, does faith have content?
Biblical faith does.

waitasec

Veteran Member
It's much more powerful than that.
You will find him in the book of Job.
ah right, it's the concept of hell i'm thinking about then...

Nice reach. . .but in court, where the purpose is to try to determine the truth about matters, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. . .no qualifiers allowed.

nonetheless you still need to prove the negative.

Biblical faith is based in the authority of its revelator. It goes no further than the revelation warrants, or it becomes un-Biblical.
Did you miss the word Biblical? My response is in regard to Biblical faith; that is, what the Bible regards as faith.
Biblical faith does.

you're just moving the goal posts...
how can so much absolute power be given to a book that has yet to prove it's claim without absolute empirical evidence of the revelators authority?
biblical faith requires no boundaries simply for the claim it makes about itself. dominance means nothing unless authority is given, and in the case for the bible, authority is given on the basis of faith that the revelator is what it claims to be...
pretzel logic.

in your bible mark 16:18 jesus says after he resurrected "they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well

if that is not tempting the lord, i don't what is?

so explain to those parents of the children that died from faith healings why they died. james 2 faith without deeds is dead. well keeping meds away from your child is a step of faith that god will heal....after all the bible said so. and the bible says god also knows the heart. so maybe, the parents didn't want their children alive...maybe their intent was to kill their children and that is why they died. maybe they didn't have the right faith...but what does that mean, they followed the good book and did what it told them to in order to have faith that was alive...
yes every christian is going to hell because becasue god has forsaken them too. why not? he did it to the jews...
so maybe the mormons are the true christians, or the 7th day adventists
it goes on and on and on...

what god wants, god gets

smokydot

ah right, it's the concept of hell i'm thinking about then...
nonetheless you still need to prove the negative.
I have stated the standard of our legal system in this regard, and it is good enough for me.

Can you observe your own standard and prove that God does not exist?
you're just moving the goal posts...
how can so much absolute power be given to a book that has yet to prove it's claim without absolute empirical evidence of the revelators authority?
biblical faith requires no boundaries simply for the claim it makes about itself. dominance means nothing unless authority is given, and in the case for the bible, authority is given on the basis of faith that the revelator is what it claims to be...
pretzel logic.
That the Bible is true is a matter of faith, nothing more and nothing less.
You either believe it or you don't.
Evidently, you don't.
And that's where it has to be left.
in your bible mark 16:18 jesus says after he resurrected "they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”
if that is not tempting the lord, i don't what is?
Apparently that is not tempting the Lord, since they occur in the book of Acts and elsewhere.

1) Pick up snakes -- Ac 28:3-6, Lk 10:19.

2) Drink deadly poison -- if it did not hurt them, there would be nothing to report.
And nothing is reported.

3) Place their hands on sick people, and they will get well -- Ac 28:8-9, 9:36-41.
so explain to those parents of the children that died from faith healings why they died. james 2 faith without deeds is dead. well keeping meds away from your child is a step of faith that god will heal....after all the bible said so. and the bible says god also knows the heart. so maybe, the parents didn't want their children alive...maybe their intent was to kill their children and that is why they died. maybe they didn't have the right faith...but what does that mean, they followed the good book and did what it told them to in order to have faith that was alive..
I can't speak for others' faith and practices.
yes every christian is going to hell because becasue god has forsaken them too. why not? he did it to the jews...
And to everyone, including the Jews, he offers a remedy.
so maybe the mormons are the true christians, or the 7th day adventists
it goes on and on and on...
God knows who are his own. . .and he is the only one whose business it is.
what god wants, god gets
On this, we are in definite agreement.

Last edited:

Ben Masada

In Western countries(Christian Majority)----Adultery is common

Now according to the Bible almost every Christian is going to Hell

New-Testament

Matthew 19:9 "I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery."

Mark 10:11 "Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her."

Mark 10:12 "And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery."

Luke 16:18 "Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery."

Old-Testament

Deuteronomy 22:22 "If a man is found sleeping with another man's wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die."

Leviticus 20:10 "If a man commits adultery with another man's wife--with the wife of his neighbor--both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death."

Proverbs 6:32 "But a man who commits adultery lacks judgment; whoever does so destroys himself."

Also point to be noted according Jesus(pbuh) the laws of Old-Testament are still valid and are applicable upon Christians

Matthew 5:17-19 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Now My point ,Since adultery is clearly prohibited in the Bible, and since most Western Christians today are divorced and are either living with their boyfriends/girlfriends or married to other people, wouldn't that cause for them to be thrown in Hell? After all, most Western Christians according to the Bible are committing adultery ,and according to Ot "both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death.":confused:

Now, go ahead and be happy for two reasons. The first is that Judaism is a progressive religion. It means that, even at that time the punishments extablished in the case of adultery, were of the classe of warranty. There is no recollection or Biblical report of a woman or man being killed for having committed adultery. Perhaps because eyewitnesses were too hard to be found.

The second reason, is that there is no Hell for Christian adulterers men or women. Hell as a place to go to, has been plagiarized by religious crooks from pagan religions in order to make a living out of the naives of this world.
Ben