• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Almost Every Christian Going To Hell According To Bible

free spirit

King David was an adulterer and
the mercy of God has no limits. And Jesus is the same, so Ben lighten up.
John 8:3-11
3 And the scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman caught in adultery, and having set her in the midst,
4 they said to him. Teacher, this woman has been caught in adultery, in the very act.
5 Now in the law Moses commanded us to stone such women; what then do you say?
6 And they were saying this testing him, in order that they might have grounds for accusing him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground.
7 But when they persisted in asking him, he straightened up, and said to them. He, who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her.
8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
9 And when they heard it, they began to go out one by one, beginning with the older ones, and he was left alone, and the woman, where she was, in the midst.
10 And straightening up, Jesus said to her. Woman, where are they? Did not one condemn you?
11 And she said. No one Lord. And Jesus said. Neither do I condemn you; go your way. From now on sin no more. (In other words repent) Now have you got it Ben?

Last edited:

waitasec

Veteran Member
A remedy for sin and its eternal consequences.

sin and it's eternal consequences are your problems, not mine.

i live for the here and now. because i am a living being.

if there was a god, an omniscient god, god would know my heart and god would know my intent. if god still chooses to throw me into hell as a consequence for not believing in him, is it because god needs me to believe in god for god to be god? hmmmm.

smokydot

sin and it's eternal consequences are your problems, not mine.
i live for the here and now. because i am a living being.
if there was a god, an omniscient god, god would know my heart and god would know my intent. if god still chooses to throw me into hell as a consequence for not believing in him, is it because god needs me to believe in god for god to be god? hmmmm.
This all takes us back to the Bible, and whether one believes it or not.
And that's a matter of faith, not a matter of proof.
I believe it, and you don't.
And don't you think that's where it has to be left?

waitasec

Veteran Member
This all takes us back to the Bible, and whether one believes it or not.
And that's a matter of faith, not a matter of proof.
I believe it, and you don't.
And don't you think that's where it has to be left?

well since we're here to debate

faith is an answer that really doesn't explain anything, unless there is a logical justification...

Danmac

In Western countries(Christian Majority)----Adultery is common

Now according to the Bible almost every Christian is going to Hell

New-Testament

Matthew 19:9 "I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery."

Mark 10:11 "Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her."

Mark 10:12 "And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery."

Luke 16:18 "Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery."

Old-Testament

Deuteronomy 22:22 "If a man is found sleeping with another man's wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die."

Leviticus 20:10 "If a man commits adultery with another man's wife--with the wife of his neighbor--both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death."

Proverbs 6:32 "But a man who commits adultery lacks judgment; whoever does so destroys himself."

Also point to be noted according Jesus(pbuh) the laws of Old-Testament are still valid and are applicable upon Christians

Matthew 5:17-19 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Now My point ,Since adultery is clearly prohibited in the Bible, and since most Western Christians today are divorced and are either living with their boyfriends/girlfriends or married to other people, wouldn't that cause for them to be thrown in Hell? After all, most Western Christians according to the Bible are committing adultery ,and according to Ot "both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death.":confused:
Unless your a cardholder of course.
goohf67.JPG

Ben Masada

King David was an adulterer and the mercy of God has no limits. And Jesus is the same, so Ben lighten up. John 8:3-11

Listen free spirit, did you read my post? I don't think so. You are way out of the issue. Did they execute David? No, they did not. Did they execute Batsheva? No, they did not. That's what I meant. The law was there as a warrant to prevent adultery. So, lighten up yourself and read the post next time you want to reply.

3 And the scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman caught in adultery, and having set her in the midst,

This never happened but in the minds of the Hellenistic Gentiles who wrote the gospels. Where was this woman committing adultery, like a dog in the street? Please, think!

4 they said to him. Teacher, this woman has been caught in adultery, in the very act.

This must have been a parable. It never happened.

5 Now in the law Moses commanded us to stone such women; what then do you say?

Now, the Sanhedrin condems a woman to be stone to death and a strange in the street changes that verdict with a few words. Please, have mercy on yourself!

6 And they were saying this testing him, in order that they might have grounds for accusing him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground.

Oh! So, that was just a test. What woman would submit herself to be such a guinea pig?

7 But when they persisted in asking him, he straightened up, and said to them. He, who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her.

Ah! So, the test was meant to be on the scribes and Pharisees, not on Jesus? So, if they were not sinners
they would throw the stones? I see.

8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.

Do you happen to know what he wrote down? "Whoever is without sin, throw the first stone."

9 And when they heard it, they began to go out one by one, beginning with the older ones, and he was left alone, and the woman, where she was, in the midst.

Now, I wonder if Jesus threw the first stone, because, as you know, he was sinless, wasn't he?

10 And straightening up, Jesus said to her. Woman, where are they? Did not one condemn you?

How could they if they were not sinless?

11 And she said. No one Lord. And Jesus said. Neither do I condemn you; go your way. From now on sin no more. In other words repent

Why "neither do I condemn you?" Remember why the others could not condemn the woman? Because they were sinners too. Why "neither do I condemn you?" Obviously for the same reason, don't you think so?

Now have you got it Ben?

Now, have you too got it free spirit?

Ben

javajo

I believe the law shows us we are sinners. It is condemnation. But there is no condemnation to those who have trusted Christ. Yes, we sinned and the penalty is death. So Christ died. He paid the penalty. Once we trust him on that, we are free from the law. Yes we still sin, but the penalty of all our sins has already been paid. We are free. We are complete in Christ and always able to pray to God whenever we want for he has forgiven us forever and the debt is paid. Its a wonderful thing, truly wonderful.

waitasec

Veteran Member
I believe the law shows us we are sinners. It is condemnation. But there is no condemnation to those who have trusted Christ. Yes, we sinned and the penalty is death. So Christ died. He paid the penalty. Once we trust him on that, we are free from the law. Yes we still sin, but the penalty of all our sins has already been paid. We are free. We are complete in Christ and always able to pray to God whenever we want for he has forgiven us forever and the debt is paid. Its a wonderful thing, truly wonderful.

the penalty for life is death.

imagine telling your child, 'sorry no matter how hard you try to please me you never will be able to unless you become like me'?

Ben Masada

Ben Masada

The law doesn't prevent anything, in fact the law administer punishment to the transcressors.

It is amazing how someone can say something like the above. The Law does not administer anything. The Law serves only to show where and how we have erred. We administer upon ourselves the consequences of our having transgressed the Law. That's called law of cause and effect.
Ben

In Western countries(Christian Majority)----Adultery is common

Now according to the Bible almost every Christian is going to Hell

New-Testament

Matthew 19:9 "I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery."

Mark 10:11 "Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her."

Mark 10:12 "And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery."

Luke 16:18 "Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery."

Old-Testament

Deuteronomy 22:22 "If a man is found sleeping with another man's wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die."

Leviticus 20:10 "If a man commits adultery with another man's wife--with the wife of his neighbor--both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death."

Proverbs 6:32 "But a man who commits adultery lacks judgment; whoever does so destroys himself."

Also point to be noted according Jesus(pbuh) the laws of Old-Testament are still valid and are applicable upon Christians

Matthew 5:17-19 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Now My point ,Since adultery is clearly prohibited in the Bible, and since most Western Christians today are divorced and are either living with their boyfriends/girlfriends or married to other people, wouldn't that cause for them to be thrown in Hell? After all, most Western Christians according to the Bible are committing adultery ,and according to Ot "both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death.":confused:

If people engage in adultery, and are not put to death, what is your understanding of what should happen, if a 'third' person engages in adultery with either of the first two persons, when in fact, these original two persons are really 'dead' in the eyes of God?

That is what is so 'nice' about Christianity. You can be forgiven for your past sins, and change your life around. Also, how do you know, if your spouse is in fact 'godly'? Perhaps your spouse has already 'crossed the line', and is already 'dead' in the eyes of God. Perhaps you, yourself, are 'spiritually dead' (a true Zhombie), and you don't realize it. :p

free spirit

if i may,

lets think this through, shall we?

are you also considering thought crime? god's laws seems to be able to transcend all boundaries....

Yes you may,
please consider that a righteous man needs no law to do what is right: look at youself do you know all of the laws of your country? of couse not, and yet you are free no one is looking to arrest you. on the other hand, the law doesn't exist for the thief, the murderer, the inmoral the swindler ect. So the law doesn't prevent anything.

Renji

By saying that ' Almost Every Christian Going To Hell According To Bible' is like saying that the suffering, death and our own faith to the Lord to 'supposedly' save us from our sins is useless because you are saying that we (christians) are going to hell 'according to the Bible' itself.

smokydot

Yes you may,
please consider that a righteous man needs no law to do what is right: look at youself do you know all of the laws of your country? of couse not, and yet you are free no one is looking to arrest you. on the other hand, the law doesn't exist for the thief, the murderer, the inmoral the swindler ect. So the law doesn't prevent anything.
What you think is righteous and what God says is righteous are world's apart.

The NT says we are born unrighteous, with an unrighteous nature.
The only remedy for that is the one God provided when he sent his only begotten Son, Jesus the Christ, to make permanent atonement for the unrighteousness of those who believe in him.

smokydot

By saying that ' Almost Every Christian Going To Hell According To Bible' is like saying that the suffering, death and our own faith to the Lord to 'supposedly' save us from our sins is useless because you are saying that we (christians) are going to hell 'according to the Bible' itself.
Those who say that, don't know what the NT says about sin, and Biblically are in error when they say that.

Last edited:

waitasec

Veteran Member
Yes you may,

thanx ;)

very interesting take.
but what about thought crime?
we may think certain things but not follow through...

are you saying that we do not need commandments to tell us the difference between right and wrong?

i'm trying to reconcile that and these commands... since it is commanded as law?

3 Do not have any other gods before me.
4 You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and the fourth generation of those who reject me,
6 but showing steadfast love to the thousandth generation of those who love me and keep my commandments.
7 You shall not make wrongful use of the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not acquit anyone who misuses his name.

do all these things apply to the righteous who needs no law to do what is right? in other words are these commandments innate simply because we are human?

free spirit

What you think is righteous and what God says is righteous are world's apart.

The NT says we are born unrighteous, with an unrighteous nature.
The only remedy for that is the one God provided when he sent his only begotten Son, Jesus the Christ, to make permanent atonement for the unrighteousness of those who believe in him.

The devil also believe: Is he righteous? You must know that is not sufficient only to believe to be made righteous, you also must repent or sin no more.