• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Almost Every Christian Going To Hell According To Bible

smokydot

The devil also believe: Is he righteous? You must know that is not sufficient only to believe to be made righteous, you also must repent or sin no more.
The devil doesn't believe that Jesus' death on the cross was atonement for his sin.

And we are agreed. . .faith must be evidenced by obedience to Jesus commands, the first of which is to repent and believe.
But the obedience does not save, faith alone saves, and imputes the righteousness of Jesus the Christ to believers.

Last edited:

smokydot

what does that really mean when applied to your life?
It means that because I love Jesus, I live according to the NT.

But in my heart, I do not regard my performance as what makes me right with God, or righteous.
I trust completely in Jesus and his work on the cross to pay for my sin and make me permanently right with God.

I communicate with God in prayer with full assurance in my heart that I am received, welcomed and heard, and that he delights in me because I am in Christ.

It means that my heart has been transformed and does not delight in unrighteousness, but in the truth.

I've probably said too much.

waitasec

Veteran Member
It means that because I love Jesus, I live according to the NT.

But in my heart, I do not regard my performance as what makes me right with God, or righteous.
I trust completely in Jesus and his work on the cross to pay for my sin and make me permanently right with God.

I communicate with God in prayer with full assurance in my heart that I am received, welcomed and heard, and that he delights in me because I am in Christ.

It means that my heart has been transformed and does not delight in unrighteousness, but in the truth.

I've probably said too much.

all i get from this is, you believe you are righteous... because you believe it.
my heart doesn't delight in unrighteousness either.

free spirit

waitasec;

thanx ;)

very interesting take.
but what about thought crime?
we may think certain things but not follow through...

are you saying that we do not need commandments to tell us the difference between right and wrong?

i'm trying to reconcile that and these commands... since it is commanded as law?

3 Do not have any other gods before me.
4 You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and the fourth generation of those who reject me,
6 but showing steadfast love to the thousandth generation of those who love me and keep my commandments.
7 You shall not make wrongful use of the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not acquit anyone who misuses his name.

do all these things apply to the righteous who needs no law to do what is right? in other words are these commandments innate simply because we are human?

Yes you like it or not God put it there, therefore there is not excuse, if we fail to do what is right our own conscience will accuse us. read on;
HEBREWS 8:10-12, "For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel. After those days, says the Lord: I will put my laws into their minds, and I will write them upon their hearts. and I will be their God, and they shall be My people and they shall not teach everyone his fellow citizen, and everyone his brother, saying know the Lord. For all shall know me from the least to the greatest of them. For I will be merciful to their iniquities, and I will remember their sins no more."

Last edited:

smokydot

all i get from this is, you believe you are righteous... because you believe it.
my heart doesn't delight in unrighteousness either.

I believe it because it is the testimony of the NT.

That's what faith is.

The object of faith cannot be proven to others, that's why it is called faith.

Sorry, you were disappointed.

free spirit

The devil doesn't believe that Jesus' death on the cross was atonement for his sin.

And we are agreed. . .faith must be evidenced by obedience to Jesus commands, the first of which is to repent and believe.
But the obedience does not save, faith alone saves, and imputes the righteousness of Jesus the Christ to believers.

James 2:17-20, "even so faith, if it has no works, is dead, being by itself. But someone may well say, you have faith, and I have works; show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works. you believe that God is one. you do well; the demons also believe, and shudder. But are you willing to recognize you foolish fellow, that faith without works is useless?"
It is the works of repentance that gives life to your faith. So believing in what Jesus did without also repenting is useless.

free spirit

What you think is righteous and what God says is righteous are world's apart.

The NT says we are born unrighteous, with an unrighteous nature.
The only remedy for that is the one God provided when he sent his only begotten Son, Jesus the Christ, to make permanent atonement for the unrighteousness of those who believe in him.
Yes you are correct: but having being saved we must walk with the Lord the road of repentance to perfection.

smokydot

James 2:17-20, "even so faith, if it has no works, is dead, being by itself. But someone may well say, you have faith, and I have works; show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works. you believe that God is one. you do well; the demons also believe, and shudder. But are you willing to recognize you foolish fellow, that faith without works is useless?"
It is the works of repentance that gives life to your faith. So believing in what Jesus did without also repenting is useless.
I think my agreement with that is seen in post #167, to which you are responding above.

Last edited:

waitasec

Veteran Member
I believe it because it is the testimony of the NT.

That's what faith is.

The object of faith cannot be proven to others, that's why it is called faith.

Sorry, you were disappointed.

exactly, you believe it because you do...it's entirely subjective.

waitasec

Veteran Member
waitasec;

Yes you like it or not God put it there, therefore there is not excuse, if we fail to do what is right our own conscience will accuse us. read on;
HEBREWS 8:10-12, "For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel. After those days, says the Lord: I will put my laws into their minds, and I will write them upon their hearts. and I will be their God, and they shall be My people and they shall not teach everyone his fellow citizen, and everyone his brother, saying know the Lord. For all shall know me from the least to the greatest of them. For I will be merciful to their iniquities, and I will remember their sins no more."

in other words, integrity will guide you to your dignity

I trust that your Bible quotes are accurate. I AGREE with you!! According to the Bible, most of us are DOOMED! Does Religion need a "rulebook"? Meaning; The Bible! Most would say; "Yes". Well, OK. Then please explain how I am expected to "interpret"..........IF that is ALLOWED. Should I just ignore those Bible quotes? If so, who am I to pick and choose what or what not to take literally? Please HELP ME!!!

waitasec

Veteran Member
That's the meaning of faith.

And in the NT, it is faith in Jesus Christ that saves from the wrath of God on our sin.

you knew i would comment on this comment, didn' t you?
i am so predictable, it's embarrassing :eek:

you don't see how the the word wrath is used as an ultimatum?
is that the basis of your faith, fear?

smokydot

you knew i would comment on this comment, didn' t you?
i am so predictable, it's embarrassing :eek:
Actually, I didn't give it any thought.
Anyway, I think you're kinda' cool. ;)
you don't see how the the word wrath is used as an ultimatum?
is that the basis of your faith, fear?
No, because I didn't know about all that stuff until after I came to faith.

free spirit

Bay Ridge North Babylon

I trust that your Bible quotes are accurate. I AGREE with you!! According to the Bible, most of us are DOOMED! Does Religion need a "rulebook"? Meaning; The Bible! Most would say; "Yes". Well, OK. Then please explain how I am expected to "interpret"..........IF that is ALLOWED. Should I just ignore those Bible quotes? If so, who am I to pick and choose what or what not to take literally? Please HELP ME!!!
God shows no partiality you do not have to ask men for help for it is written in James 1:5-7, "But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all men generously and without reproch, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith without any doubting, for the one who doubts is like the surf of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man expect that he will receive anything from the Lord."