• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alone forever

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Engrained forever more.

Good.

Therefore, my insightful "nature" is not the same "nature" that we were in before the agricultural revolution.

The same word is being used to describe two different, though related, concepts.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Good.

Therefore, my insightful "nature" is not the same "nature" that we were in before the agricultural revolution.

The same word is being used to describe two different, though related, concepts.

Your previous post spoke of observation, experience, elder wisdom, and meditative insights.
Your spiritual nature.....is that right?

Last edited:

Riverwolf

Premium Member
So for you....no afterlife?
Not a chance you could be alone...forever?

I believe in a form of reincarnation, but from an objective standpoint, even that falls flat of any evidence.

There is no objective indication that being alone forever after death is a possibility.

InChrist

Free4ever
I believe in a form of reincarnation, but from an objective standpoint, even that falls flat of any evidence.

There is no objective indication that being alone forever after death is a possibility.

And how would anyone ever know this side of death what takes place after death unless it was revealed by the Creator of life in the first place?

Last edited:

Riverwolf

Premium Member
And how would anyone ever know this side of death what takes place after death unless it was revealed by the Creator of life in the first place?

We don't. I have faith, just as you have faith that a Creator of life revealed what happens.

Thief

Rogue Theologian

With science as witness....the formation of Man came many centuries after the 'big bang.

God would then be alone at great length.

And this universe does seem a great expanse.

If God and heaven is somewhere.....
could you not be somewhere else at great length?

Seems to stand to reason.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
With science as witness....the formation of Man came many centuries after the 'big bang.

God would then be alone at great length.

And this universe does seem a great expanse.

If God and heaven is somewhere.....
could you not be somewhere else at great length?

Seems to stand to reason.

The Gods are not alone, for Odin was born one of three, the other two being Vili and Ve.

The only First Being who was alone first, and probably even now, is Surt, who is the one who will eventually break out of Muspelheim and cover the world in flame, killing everything save for a few survivors.

Even Ymir wasn't alone, for he had Auðumbla's milk to drink from, as she liked Buri out of the ice of Niflheim.

Neither the living nor the dead can exist in Muspelheim or Niflheim. Wherever the dead is, there is someone.

So, see how the entire argument shifts when a different mythology is used as a base?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
The Gods are not alone, for Odin was born one of three, the other two being Vili and Ve.

The only First Being who was alone first, and probably even now, is Surt, who is the one who will eventually break out of Muspelheim and cover the world in flame, killing everything save for a few survivors.

Even Ymir wasn't alone, for he had Auðumbla's milk to drink from, as she liked Buri out of the ice of Niflheim.

Neither the living nor the dead can exist in Muspelheim or Niflheim. Wherever the dead is, there is someone.

So, see how the entire argument shifts when a different mythology is used as a base?

Not yet.
I see parallels to what I believe.
The names are different.
But the overall effect appears the same.

No place to be alone?...forever?

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Not yet.
I see parallels to what I believe.
The names are different.
But the overall effect appears the same.

No place to be alone?...forever?

Nope.

Not that we could ever go.

Even Surt in some accounts is accompanied by other Fire Jotnar when he finally breaks free.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Nope.

Not that we could ever go.

Even Surt in some accounts is accompanied by other Fire Jotnar when he finally breaks free.

well ok...but....the sky over my head has been described as more than enormous.
The universe is of size beyond comprehension.

And so full of life that by no means can you be out of ear shot of another?

Riverwolf

Premium Member
well ok...but....the sky over my head has been described as more than enormous.
The universe is of size beyond comprehension.

And so full of life that by no means can you be out of ear shot of another?

"I" will likely never be in that sky. I intend to stay right bloody here on Earth, thank you very much.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
I assume then....in spirit form?

As I said, I believe in a form of reincarnation.

Unless it operates from planet-to-planet (not likely), I'd still remain right here.

'Sides, in spirit form, I'd imagine that I'd be able to fly. If I'm in space, I'll just come right back to earth.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
As I said, I believe in a form of reincarnation.

Unless it operates from planet-to-planet (not likely), I'd still remain right here.

'Sides, in spirit form, I'd imagine that I'd be able to fly. If I'm in space, I'll just come right back to earth.

Well said.....good luck.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Well said.....good luck.

No need for luck.

After all, spirits are incorporeal. There's no forward, backward, etc. Perfect vision all around in all spectrums since there's no eyes to filter out the ones we can't see in life. No need to worry about location since spirits don't have beginnings or ends.

And, in any case, ghosts have a reputation for desiring solitude, anyway. :p

Thief

Rogue Theologian
No need for luck.

After all, spirits are incorporeal. There's no forward, backward, etc. Perfect vision all around in all spectrums since there's no eyes to filter out the ones we can't see in life. No need to worry about location since spirits don't have beginnings or ends.

And, in any case, ghosts have a reputation for desiring solitude, anyway. :p

But then....how to be alone?

No forward or back.....lost in all time?....or just that portion when you died?
( I recall a Twilight ...Rod Serling...episode on that very note)