• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Am I going to Hell??

rocka21

Brother Rock
And the people the Apostles didn't manage to get to in time? They're just God's eternal firewood I guess. :rolleyes:

I never said , " burn in hell forever".

There is only one example in the bible about hell. ( rich man and lazeras).

The others are weeping and gnashing of teeth

The word dammed in the greek is " punished". I don't know if thats hell or not.

logician

Jeaven and hell were inventions by literalists to use the carrot and stick approachto gain believers in the faith, nothing more. That approach is quite effective for those ether unschooled, or under great peer pressure to conform.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Jeaven and hell were inventions by literalists to use the carrot and stick approachto gain believers in the faith, nothing more. That approach is quite effective for those ether unschooled, or under great peer pressure to conform.

Well, that's not nice. I don't believe in it either... but you don't have to be mean to those who do......

UnityNow101

Why have fear in something that has no facts to back it up? It is nonsense to have a fear of the unknown. Before you were born, did you have fear of coming into this world? Obviously not, therefore, do not fear the next.

Fear is a very powerful concept and has been used by religions for thousands of years. They understand that fear is a concept that can captivate an immediate response from prospective converts. But if you understand that all beliefs of life after death and what happens are simply that, beliefs and ideas, you can step away from the fear of death, or the unknown. When it comes down to it, NOBODY understands death, not the Christian, Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim, Atheist, or myself. When one comes to realize that fact, death becomes a rather delightful mystery. One that is not ran by fear but of awe and majesty at what is to come. So, relax. You seek peoples opinions and ideas simply to turn to more opinions and ideas. We search from one idea and concept to the next, only to find that we know just as much as before, which is really nothing.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
ofcourse you have to get your licence at a department of motor vehicles some day

Ha ha... That day did suck... I had to drive with the grouchiest old lady in existence. I think I almost didn't pass... She was complaining that when I turned, I was pairtially in the wrong lane, and if a car had been there I would have hit it...... If a car had been there, I would have gone around it...... Why go all out of my way and pretend like there is a car there??

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
The real question is if it is "Nice" to try to scare people with threats of eternal suffering just to make them converts to your religion.

Well if someone really does believe that people will go to hell if they do not believe in the right religion... if they REALLY DO believe that, then it would be very nice of them to try to convert people, to save them from going to hell...

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
I think so... If I thought that eveyone who didn't believe a certain thing would go to hell, I'd try to convince anyone who I cared about to believe it...
But it would still be reasonable to react to you as an insufferable pest, or maybe delusional depending on the details, if you were in the habit of doing that.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
doppelgänger;1126268 said:
But it would still be reasonable to react to you as an insufferable pest, or maybe delusional depending on the details, if you were in the habit of doing that.

Yeah. :D I hate it when people try to convert me to their religion. :D

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
doppelgänger;1126268 said:

That is true, too. You can lose more people by being a pest or acting delusional.

logician

Well if someone really does believe that people will go to hell if they do not believe in the right religion... if they REALLY DO believe that, then it would be very nice of them to try to convert people, to save them from going to hell...

Actually, it wouldn't, I don't want everyone with some axe to grind trying to grind their axe on me. Evangelical religion is actually quite dangerous, and certainly annoying.

Scott1

According to your religion, and based on my beliefs, do you believe that I will go to Hell?? I am just wondering...
According to the Roman Catholic faith: no (at least not based upon what you belive about God)... just as long as you are honestly following what your conscience tells you.