• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An Issue Of Valuing The Lives Of Others

Shaul

Premium Member
You made a claim. I'm merely asking for you to substantiate it. What civilians, when, where, and how many? This conflict has been well documented, so it should be easy to find an example.
I claimed that due to the Ukrainian war there were civilian deaths. Which I assume is common knowledge. I only need to substantiate it if someone contests that specific claim. So, for the record, do you dispute that civilians have died in the Ukraine war? Really, do you?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I claimed that due to the Ukrainian war there were civilian deaths. Which I assume is common knowledge. I only need to substantiate it if someone contests that specific claim. So, for the record, do you dispute that civilians have died in the Ukraine war? Really, do you?
How does this relate to the topic of
Christians & Jews tending to see
Muslims as less human?

Shaul

Premium Member
How does this relate to the topic of
Christians & Jews tending to see
Muslims as less human?
Thank you. It really doesn't. I made the point that Israel is being held to a higher standard than other countries which go to war after being attacked. Which is related to the topic. Some others have tried to nitpick about that in ways that have nothing to do with the topic.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Thank you. It really doesn't. I made the point that Israel is being held to a higher standard than other countries which go to war after being attacked. Which is related to the topic. Some others have tried to nitpick about that in ways that have nothing to do with the topic.
Oh, so it's just whataboutism to deflect
from Israel's war crimes.
Could you provide links to threads you
started about these other countries?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
No, Russians have committed a lot of war crimes against Ukrainian civilians, which I've made post/threads about, as I've already told you. But your claim was that the Ukrainians were - for some bizarre, nonsensical reason - targeting their own civilians. If you can't substantiate your claim, then I'm going to dismiss it as rubbish.

Shaul

Premium Member
No, Russians have committed a lot of war crimes against Ukrainian civilians, which I've made post/threads about, as I've already told you. But your claim was that the Ukrainians were - for some bizarre, nonsensical reason - targeting their own civilians. If you can't substantiate your claim, then I'm going to dismiss it as rubbish.
I see where your error lies. I never wrote that Ukrainians targeted their own civilians. I wrote that they have killed some of their fellow Ukrainian civilians as collateral casualties. Since you misunderstood there is nothing to substantiate.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I see where your error lies. I never wrote that Ukrainians targeted their own civilians. I wrote that they have killed some of their fellow Ukrainian civilians as collateral casualties. Since you misunderstood there is nothing to substantiate.
That would be a good thing to address in a thread
that isn't about Christians & Jews treating Muslims
as lesser humans.

Shaul

Premium Member
Oh, so it's just whataboutism to deflect
from Israel's war crimes.
Could you provide links to threads you
started about these other countries?
No, it wasn't, since I never attempted to deflect any valid criticism of Israel. I simply pointed out one particular type of criticism of Israel uses a double standard, singles out Israel, and holds Israel to a higher standard than any other country is being held. It is the sad reality that during wars there are innocent civilian deaths. Israel is being asked to forego its rights to defend itself in order to preclude such deaths. That is a standard other countries are not being held. Since other countries aren't being asked to do that your request for examples doesn't apply.

Shaul

Premium Member
That's untrue.
Just skip the whataboutism, & address the thread's topic.
Nonsense. The OP states "In the news, our leaders express concern for Israelis
killed & kidnapped, but are largely silent regarding
the far greater number of Palestinians killed by
Israel's massive bombing campaign, & embargo
on water, energy, & freedom to move...killing &
maiming thousands of non-combatants whose
only crime is being where Israel keeps them."
My post was quite related to that. Regardless that you don't think so.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Christianity, Judaism, nationalism, & tribalism.
The 4 horsemen of the pork lips.

Yet another unevidenced mythological belief. Wow.

What do you actually know about Judaism? No, renting to Jewish college students doesn't count.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Some cry crocodile tears about the civilian deaths in this terrible situation but where are their voices about the much worse atrocities, suffering and loss of life in other places. Yes this is a terrible situation but where are the threads for other tragedies?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Nonsense. The OP states "In the news, our leaders express concern for Israelis
killed & kidnapped, but are largely silent regarding
the far greater number of Palestinians killed by
Israel's massive bombing campaign, & embargo
on water, energy, & freedom to move...killing &
maiming thousands of non-combatants whose
only crime is being where Israel keeps them."
My post was quite related to that. Regardless that you don't think so.
Charging others with "whataboutism" can be nothing more than a statement of "I'm right, you're wrong and if you disagree I'll accuse you of whataboutism."

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש

Palestinians have fired tens of thousands of rockets into Israel. Why? It started in 2000. Ariel Sharon visited the Dome on the Rock. Terrorist attacks resulted. Israel defends itself. Israel locks down the areas where the terrorists find safe harbor. Palestinains retaliate with rocket attacks.

That's it. Simple fair smart defense dealing with people who have sworn to wipe you off the map. Yes. Oppression happens in a time of war. Israel is in a constant state of war. Civil liberties are adandoned. Too bad.

What triggered this most recent set of kidnappings and murders? Jews in a parade went to the Dome on the Rock and inconvenienced people. It was an insult. Death results. Kidnapping results. Because of a parade. That's not Jews doing anytthing against muslims as lesser human beings.

Do the "let's hate Jews and Israeli" crowd care? Of course not. They're just angry at bankers and lawyers whomever they imagine as "Jewish". Yes, the OP complains, or at least used to complain, a lot about lawyers. I don't think it's a coincidence. This "let's hate israel and jews crowd", they have no idea what it's like to live in a warzone next to people who have sworn to annihilate you and your whole family.

Jews don't do that. We don't swear to wipe the palestinians off the map.

A two state solution has been offered... and rejected. Then Israel is attacked. They win. Then there's conflict for years. A two state solution is offered again. Rejected again. Nobody cares. It's trendy to hate Israel.

The area was controlled by warlords for a thousand years before the British were given control. Why? Because the previous warlord choose the wrong side in WW1. They were defeated. If people don't like what the League of nations did over there, then it reverts back to a "fight for it" warlord mentality. Guess who has the military power in the region. Israel. So, that's a terrible idea.

But none of this is "Muslims are lesser humans" That's stupid. What an ignorant thing to say.

Israel is in a constant state of war. Tens of thousands of rockets are fired into their border because terrorists flee into Gaza and hide there. **** happens. When the terrorism ends, the blockade ends. The terrorism never ends, the blockade never ends. It's about terrorism.

Palestians kill because of a parade near their holy site? It's those Palestinians who are at fault for all of it, and they are at fault for whatever oppression is a result. It's not about being lesser humans. It's about survival.

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

Palestinians have fired tens of thousands of rockets into Israel. Why? It started in 2000. Ariel Sharon visited the Dome on the Rock. Terrorist attacks resulted. Israel defends itself. Israel locks down the areas where the terrorists find safe harbor. Palestinains retaliate with rocket attacks.

That's it. Simple fair smart defense dealing with people who have sworn to wipe you off the map. Yes. Oppression happens in a time of war. Israel is in a constant state of war. Civil liberties are adandoned. Too bad.

What triggered this most recent set of kidnappings and murders? Jews in a parade went to the Dome on the Rock and inconvenienced people. It was an insult. Death results. Kidnapping results. Because of a parade. That's not Jews doing anytthing against muslims as lesser human beings.

Do the "let's hate Jews and Israeli" crowd care? Of course not. They're just angry at bankers and lawyers whomever they imagine as "Jewish". Yes, the OP complains, or at least used to complain, a lot about lawyers. I don't think it's a coincidence. This "let's hate israel and jews crowd", they have no idea what it's like to live in a warzone next to people who have sworn to annihilate you and your whole family.

Jews don't do that. We don't swear to wipe the palestinians off the map.

A two state solution has been offered... and rejected. Then Israel is attacked. They win. Then there's conflict for years. A two state solution is offered again. Rejected again. Nobody cares. It's trendy to hate Israel.

The area was controlled by warlords for a thousand years before the British were given control. Why? Because the previous warlord choose the wrong side in WW1. They were defeated. If people don't like what the League of nations did over there, then it reverts back to a "fight for it" warlord mentality. Guess who has the military power in the region. Israel. So, that's a terrible idea.

But none of this is "Muslims are lesser humans" That's stupid. What an ignorant thing to say.

Israel is in a constant state of war. Tens of thousands of rockets are fired into their border because terrorists flee into Gaza and hide there. **** happens. When the terrorism ends, the blockade ends. The terrorism never ends, the blockade never ends. It's about terrorism.

Palestians kill because of a parade near their holy site? It's those Palestinians who are at fault for all of it, and they are at fault for whatever oppression is a result. It's not about being lesser humans. It's about survival.

Israel's actions by allowing and promoting settlements in the East Bank speak for themselves. Even when it comes to words, offered/refused is overly simplistic. “Netanyahu has never wanted a Palestinian state,” said Dr. Alon Liel, a former director general of the Israeli Foreign Ministry. “He has always believed that Israel could withstand any pressure on the matter, and until now he has played this card very well.”
“They [Smotrich and Ben Gvir] are really changing the reality on the ground, blurring the Green Line [the pre-1967 demarcation line] and bringing us closer to a one-state solution, with the backing of Netanyahu. Even if there comes a point when Israel will seek to separate itself from the Palestinians, it will not be doable. We are closer and closer to the point of no return,” Milstein said.
When Ben Gvir backed recent settler violence against Palestinians, Netanyahu remained silent.