• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And prices keep going up

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Wrong price? Your full of the usual b*******. No surprise there.

I know what the prices were and what the prices are now directly in my area, plus if you were actually attentive you would notice that those are estimates for which the prices are averaged.

Try again.
Your own article gave you the average price paid by the consumer and that is around $3.00 a dozen. I quoted it. The article was honest about that. But the per state cost used a different metric. And no, you do now "know" what prices are. You show that you are a terrible shopper at best since others have quoted prices from New York stores that show a wise shopper would pay far less than you claim to have.

anna.

colors your eyes with what's not there

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I did. I thought you were referring to people who were "goof fer nuthin....& worse (eg, thieves)."

Now that I think about it, I guess it would take some bit of skill to be a thief.
If you'd been following the conversation
employees without skills are "good fer nuthin".
Stop bickering over a strained inference.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Your own article gave you the average price paid by the consumer and that is around $3.00 a dozen. I quoted it. The article was honest about that. But the per state cost used a different metric. And no, you do now "know" what prices are. You show that you are a terrible shopper at best since others have quoted prices from New York stores that show a wise shopper would pay far less than you claim to have.
Nope again like usual.

I have no choice on the prices in my area, and specials and deals don't count.

Like @Kathryn , I know the prices I'm looking at when I go to the store.

Twilight Hue

Nope again like usual. I have no choice on the prices in my area and specials and deals don't count.

Like @Kathryn I know the prices I'm looking at when I go to the store.

Twilight Hue

Are you feeling it yet?

Chapter 5 : Food Security — Special Report on Climate Change and Land
MENU

SPECIAL REPORT: SPECIAL REPORT ON CLIMATE CHANGE AND LAND​

CH05​

The current food system (production, transport, processing, packaging, storage, retail, consumption, loss and waste) feeds the great majority of world population and supports the livelihoods of over 1 billion people. Since 1961, food supply per capita has increased more than 30%, accompanied by greater use of nitrogen fertilisers (increase of about 800%) and water resources for irrigation (increase of more than 100%). However, an estimated 821 million people are currently undernourished, 151 million children under five are stunted, 613 million women and girls aged 15 to 49 suffer from iron deficiency, and 2 billion adults are overweight or obese. The food system is under pressure from non-climate stressors (e.g., population and income growth, demand for animal-sourced products), and from climate change. These climate and non-climate stresses are impacting the four pillars of food security (availability, access, utilisation, and stability). {5.1.1, 5.1.2}
Observed climate change is already affecting food security through increasing temperatures, changing precipitation patterns, and greater frequency of some extreme events (high confidence). Studies that separate out climate change from other factors affecting crop yields have shown that yields of some crops (e.g., maize and wheat) in many lower-latitude regions have been affected negatively by observed climate changes, while in many higher-latitude regions, yields of some crops (e.g., maize, wheat, and sugar beets) have been affected positively over recent decades. Warming compounded by drying has caused large negative effects on yields in parts of the Mediterranean. Based on indigenous and local knowledge (ILK), climate change is affecting food security in drylands, particularly those in Africa, and high mountain regions of Asia and South America. {5.2.2}
Food security will be increasingly affected by projected future climate change (high confidence). Across Shared Socio-economic Pathways (SSPs) 1, 2, and 3, global crop and economic models projected a 1–29% cereal price increase in 2050 due to climate change (RCP 6.0), which would impact consumers globally through higher food prices; regional effects will vary (high confidence). Low-income consumers are particularly at risk, with models projecting increases of 1–183 million additional people at risk of hunger across the SSPs compared to a no climate change scenario (high confidence). While increased CO2 is projected to be beneficial for crop productivity at lower temperature increases, it is projected to lower nutritional quality (high confidence) (e.g., wheat grown at 546–586 ppm CO2 has 5.9–12.7% less protein, 3.7–6.5% less zinc, and 5.2–7.5% less iron). Distributions of pests and diseases will change, affecting production negatively in many regions (high confidence). Given increasing extreme events and interconnectedness, risks of food system disruptions are growing (high confidence). {5.2.3, 5.2.4}
Nope.

In fact the nutcase climate change activism makes it worse , not better.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nope.

In fact the nutcase climate change activism makes it worse , not better.

Keeping marginal lands fallow is absolutely essential to keep land productivity and preserving the ecosystem on which farming depends. The industrialized mono cultures are an absolute disaster to long term land productivity as they deplete soils rapidly.
Excellent initiative. Should be expanded rapidly. But it won't be enough in face of climate change induced extremes.

Twilight Hue

Keeping marginal lands fallow is absolutely essential to keep land productivity and preserving the ecosystem on which farming depends. The industrialized mono cultures are an absolute disaster to long term land productivity as they deplete soils rapidly.
Excellent initiative. Should be expanded rapidly. But it won't be enough in face of climate change induced extremes.
I don't disagree as I know the importance of field rotation but should note it does impact food prices and creates dependency on other sources to make up the deficit which makes it a double economic hit.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I don't disagree as I know the importance of field rotation but should note it does impact food prices and creates dependency on other sources to make up the deficit.
Is that person talking about crop or field rotation though?

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't disagree as I know the importance of field rotation but should note it does impact food prices and creates dependency on other sources to make up the deficit which makes it a double economic hit.
There are much better ways to improve effective food availability than tilling every inch of land 365 days till it becomes a desert. Like reducing food wastage
Food Waste FAQs

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Thankfully I have very little food wastage! I mean, that I am in charge of. What other people do is on them, I guess. But not on me for sure!

Twilight Hue

There are much better ways to improve effective food availability than tilling every inch of land 365 days till it becomes a desert. Like reducing food wastage
Food Waste FAQs
I would say most farmers are already aware of that and they rotate their fields naturally either by letting them go fallow or burning them.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Nope again like usual.

I have no choice on the prices in my area, and specials and deals don't count.

Like @Kathryn , I know the prices I'm looking at when I go to the store.
Of course specials and deals count. That is part of the average price that consumers pay be definition. And you have only one store to go to and they carry only one type of eggs? Where on Earth do you live? There are at least four brands of eggs in my store and there are variations within the brands.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I would say most farmers are already aware of that and they rotate their fields naturally either by letting them go fallow or burning them.
Okay, you appear to be a city boy. Crop rotation is when crops are altered over the years. Soybeans and other legumes naturally add nitrogen to the soil. Corn and wheat tend to remove it. So instead of using man made fertilizers all of the time they will plant soybeans one year and corn the next. Other crops can be used to. Fields are too valuable to lay fallow. In the past the government would pay small farmers to do that every few years. It was called the "Soil Bank" program. But that was back when I was young.