• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another irrefutable proof that God created all things using mathematical induction. And a proof that The Bible is the word of God.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
The rate of the expansion is measured and is less than the speed of light.
Just repeating a falsehood is not going to make it true. The expansion rate is not a speed, it is speed per unit distance.

The Hubble constant is most frequently quoted in (km/s)/Mpc, thus giving the speed in km/s of a galaxy 1 megaparsec (3.09×1019 km) away, and its value is about 70 (km/s)/Mpc.

Hubble established the cosmological velocity-distance law:
velocity = H₀ × distance.
Modern estimates, using measurements of the cosmic microwave background radiation left over from the big bang, place the value of H₀ at about 67 km (42 miles) per second per megaparsec.

Do you have enough self-respect and basic human honesty to admit you were wrong?

SavedByTheLord

Just repeating a falsehood is not going to make it true. The expansion rate is not a speed, it is speed per unit distance.

The Hubble constant is most frequently quoted in (km/s)/Mpc, thus giving the speed in km/s of a galaxy 1 megaparsec (3.09×1019 km) away, and its value is about 70 (km/s)/Mpc.

Hubble established the cosmological velocity-distance law:
velocity = H₀ × distance.
Modern estimates, using measurements of the cosmic microwave background radiation left over from the big bang, place the value of H₀ at about 67 km (42 miles) per second per megaparsec.

Do you have enough self-respect and basic human honesty to admit you were wrong?
the Big Bang is dead.
The red shift theory is dead.
Evolution and billions have year is dead.
Abiogenesis is dead.
Atheism is dead.

The redshift theory has been disproved, even your guys know it,
So there is no expansion of the universe.
So no Big Bang,
But then there should just be ghostly neutrinos and nothing else.

ratiocinator

the Big Bang is dead.
Abiogenesis is dead.
Atheism is dead.

Pointless, baseless assertions. You're making yourself and your views look absurd all by yourself. There really isn't much point in anybody else doing much at all.

But then there should just be ghostly neutrinos and nothing else.
Where on earth did you get that nonsense from?

And nothing in that goes any way at all towards supporting your silly assertions.

ratiocinator

the Big Bang is dead.

Also, I note that you can't even acknowledge the fact that the expansion rate isn't a speed and hence your previous silly assertion about it being less than light were wrong. It even confirms this in the link you provided.

How about having some basic human honesty and admitting it?

SavedByTheLord

Also, I note that you can't even acknowledge the fact that the expansion rate isn't a speed and hence your previous silly assertion about it being less than light were wrong. It even confirms this in the link you provided.

How about having some basic human honesty and admitting it?
Your word games reveals a deep delusion of circular reasoning and indoctrination into the already proven false theories of evolution and billions of years.

Mount Saint Helen’s analysis shows the rack layers can be formed rapidly, canyons cut out of soft sediment qucikely and that even isochron dating is inaccurate.

https://www.icr.org/article/remembering-mount-st-helens-35-years#:~:text=Because%20of%20the%20Mount%20St,exposes%20flaws%20in%20radioisotope%20dating.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Your word games reveals a deep delusion of circular reasoning and indoctrination into the already proven false theories of evolution and billions of years.

Mount Saint Helen’s analysis shows the rack layers can be formed rapidly, canyons cut out of soft sediment qucikely and that even isochron dating is inaccurate.

https://www.icr.org/article/remembering-mount-st-helens-35-years#:~:text=Because%20of%20the%20Mount%20St,exposes%20flaws%20in%20radioisotope%20dating.
No, I already refuted that pseudoscience source. The overhead shots that I provided of it refuted your fake source. Want to go over it again?

ratiocinator

So, I provide you two references and you yourself provide a third that all tell you that the expansion of the universe is speed per unit distance, so any claim that it's less than light, as you claimed, is absurd, and what do you do in response? Post a load of baseless and absurd accusations and change the subject.

I couldn't possibly make you look more ridiculous or your claims look more absurd than you're doing all by yourself.

Do carry on. I'll grab some popcorn... :D

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So, I provide you two references and you yourself provide a third that all tell you that the expansion of the universe is speed per unit distance, so any claim that it's less than light, as you claimed, is absurd, and what do you do in response? Post a load of baseless and absurd accusations and change the subject.

I couldn't possibly make you look more ridiculous or your claims look more absurd than you're doing all by yourself.

Do carry on. I'll grab some popcorn... :D
Some people cannot do even simple math. For example a flerf will claim that the Earth rotates at 1,000 mph in the globe model because that is roughly the "speed" at th equator. Try getting any other speed out of them. They can't calculate it at 45° latitude. For some real fun ask them what it is at the poles.

He can't understand that the "speed of expansion" will be x at distance A and y at distance B. I tried to explain it to him but of course he ignored it.

ratiocinator

He can't understand that the "speed of expansion" will be x at distance A and y at distance B. I tried to explain it to him but of course he ignored it.
What a surprise!

Hey, @SavedByTheLord, here's a handy calculator. I've entered the speed of light at it tells you what distance it will apply at:

McBell

Admiral Obvious
All proved that evolution and billions of years are delusional
Nope, not even close.
the Big Bang is dead.
Nope, not even close.
Nope, not even close.
Nope, not even close.
Abiogenesis is dead.
Nope, not even close.
Atheism is dead.
Nope, not even close.
The dating of fossils and rock layers is false.
Nope, not even close.
Uniformatraianism is dead.
Nope, not even close.
Christ has no rivals, being God Almighty.
Nope, not even close.
Nope, not even close.
So there is no expansion of the universe.
Nope, not even close.
So no Big Bang,
Nope, not even close.

Do you get some sort of credit from Satan for overtime?

SavedByTheLord

Nope, not even close.

Nope, not even close.

Nope, not even close.

Nope, not even close.

Nope, not even close.

Nope, not even close.

Nope, not even close.

Nope, not even close.

Nope, not even close.

Nope, not even close.

Nope, not even close.

Nope, not even close.

Do you get some sort of credit from Satan for overtime?
This is a Big Problem for the Big Bang. Here is yet another finding that seems to invalidate the redshift theory, the expansion of the universe, the Big Bang, the age of the universe, evolution and all dating techniques which give large ages for things.

https://www.researchgate.net/public...ft_Data_and_the_Myth_of_Cosmological_Distance
Click on see the full text.

McBell

Admiral Obvious

SavedByTheLord

What a surprise!

Hey, @SavedByTheLord, here's a handy calculator. I've entered the speed of light at it tells you what distance it will apply at:

The Big Bang has been disproved yet again, It just went KABOOM!!!!!

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
The Big Bang has been disproved yet again, It just went KABOOM!!!!!
Assuming this is correct, this is quite a revelation. We always think things are a constant and even measure distance by a constant of light years. But is it a constant or are we simply looking at things within the current information that we have that could be wrong...

How do you think this affects the age of our universe?

Do you think that science will let this corrective information adjust other determinations?

SavedByTheLord

Assuming this is correct, this is quite a revelation. We always think things are a constant and even measure distance by a constant of light years. But is it a constant or are we simply looking at things within the current information that we have that could be wrong...

How do you think this affects the age of our universe?

Do you think that science will let this corrective information adjust other determinations?
I and apparently a lot of non creationists believe that it calls into question whether the redshift explanation was correct at all. There are other sources of red shift even gravity. But the redshift was used to prove expansion and that too is now in dobut. And that means that the Big Bang from 14 billion years ago did not happen. So you are correct the age of the universe would be affected, Now not many are going to proclaim 6 day recent creation about 6000 years ago. That happens to be the truth and all one day will acknowledge that.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I and apparently a lot of non creationists believe that it calls into question whether the redshift explanation was correct at all. There are other sources of red shift even gravity. But the redshift was used to prove expansion and that too is now in dobut. And that means that the Big Bang from 14 billion years ago did not happen. So you are correct the age of the universe would be affected, Now not many are going to proclaim 6 day recent creation about 6000 years ago. That happens to be the truth and all one day will acknowledge that.
No, seriously it is not. At least not yet. Proper scientific articles take time to write. I doubt if any scientist has made a proper analysis of the new information yet.

By the way, this is exactly what scientists hoped to see. Not these exact results. What they want to see any time that new technology is used is new evidence that they could not see before. They do not regret the James Webb Satellite at all. They are very excited by its findings. If you have a source that tries to claim that scientists regret this that should tell you that it is a pseudoscience source where they are projecting their feelings when they are shown to be wrong on to others.

SavedByTheLord

No, seriously it is not. At least not yet. Proper scientific articles take time to write. I doubt if any scientist has made a proper analysis of the new information yet.

By the way, this is exactly what scientists hoped to see. Not these exact results. What they want to see any time that new technology is used is new evidence that they could not see before. They do not regret the James Webb Satellite at all. They are very excited by its findings. If you have a source that tries to claim that scientists regret this that should tell you that it is a pseudoscience source where they are projecting their feelings when they are shown to be wrong on to others.
The redshift theory has been found false and that means there was no Big Bang. Why anyone would listen to a Catholic priest about origins is crazy.