• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another irrefutable proof that God created all things using mathematical induction. And a proof that The Bible is the word of God.

SavedByTheLord

And after having a snack and a chat the god walked down to count the number of righteous children before the volcano erupted.
Abraham tried to save Sodom In Genesis 18. He got God to agree to not destroy it if there were just 10 righteous in that city and Gid agreed. But there were not even 10, so God destroyed it.

Monty

Abraham tried to save Sodom In Genesis 18. He got God to agree to not destroy it if there were just 10 righteous in that city and Gid agreed. But there were not even 10, so God destroyed it.
The S&G stories in Gen 18 & 19 are just fictional stories about a volcanic eruption which destroyed a couple of towns and their surroundings. The most likely source of the story in Gen 19 is the volcanic eruption of Santorini about 3500 years ago which destroyed the Minoan communities there, and is probably also the source of the legend of Atlantis. Minoan eruption - Wikipedia

SavedByTheLord

Do you know what "compassed" means? It does not mean a small terroristic group far to the west of a city.
Surrounded.
But it is just beginning. Hamas is a small terrorist group .
Hezbollah may yet join in but would be no match.
There are terrorists in Yemen that have fired rockets.
And the UN has yet to put a force into the area.
And there are many other nations that may eventually send a force,

Also the offer of peace like the Abraham accords or Biden, the UN, and the pope calling for a cease fire and a 2 state solution is right from the Bible.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Surrounded.
But it is just beginning. Hamas is a small terrorist group .
Hezbollah may yet join in but would be no match.
There are terrorists in Yemen that have fired rockets.
And the UN has yet to put a force into the area.
And there are many other nations that may eventually send a force,

Also the offer of peace like the Abraham accords or Biden, the UN, and the pope calling for a cease fire and a 2 state solution is right from the Bible.
Even more distant. That hardly helps at all. The prophecy is nowhere near being fulfilled.

I doubt your second claim as well. You are making the error of reinterpreting after the fact. Do you want to go over the standards that need to be met for a true prophecy?

SavedByTheLord

Even more distant. That hardly helps at all. The prophecy is nowhere near being fulfilled.

I doubt your second claim as well. You are making the error of reinterpreting after the fact. Do you want to go over the standards that need to be met for a true prophecy?
Just the beginning as I said.

6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. - Matthew 24:6-7

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Just the beginning as I said.

6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. - Matthew 24:6-7
Sorry, but that is a failed prophecy. Do you want to know why?

Ebionite

The civil state is the modern version of the Roman civil system.

Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
Romans 13:1

All the saints salute you, chiefly they that are of Caesar's household.
Philippians 4:22

SavedByTheLord

The civil state is the modern version of the Roman civil system.

Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
Romans 13:1

All the saints salute you, chiefly they that are of Caesar's household.
Philippians 4:22
I see your point but God actually instituted government after the flood mostly to punish murder.
When Cain killed Abel, God did not have Cain put to death. Later Lamech killed 2 men and bragged about it because of Cain.

And the Lord said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the Lordset a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him. - Genesis 4:15

23 And Lamech said unto his wives, Adah and Zillah, Hear my voice; ye wives of Lamech, hearken unto my speech: for I have slain a man to my wounding, and a young man to my hurt.
24 If Cain shall be avenged sevenfold, truly Lamech seventy and sevenfold. - Genesis 4:23-24

Things got worse until the time of the flood where violence and murder was rampant, so after the flood God instituted government to mostly punish murder. Technically God brought the flood because all except the 8 in the ark had corrupted the gospel that God gave in Genesis 3:15. This is seen in the bolded text in verse 12 where his refers to God.

12 And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.
13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth - Genesis 6:12-13

5 And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man.
6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man. - Genesis 9:5-6

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
And there is circular reasoning. Where did the Natural Laws come from?

Not circular reasoning at all. The objective verifiable evidence simply has verified the nature of our physical existence is caused by natural laws. No other 'Source' can be physically verified. Yes, if God exists God is the cause of Natural Laws.
You need to assume that they somehow exist to prove your assumption that evolution and billions of years happened through Natural Laws.
It is not just assumed, the evidence is directly and consistently observed and verified by scientific methods.

Again, again and again science proves nothing, and the existence or non-existence of God cannot be proved either,

Ebionite

I see your point but God actually instituted government after the flood mostly to punish murder.
Babylon wasn't instituted by Elohim.

And all nations and tongues heard of his fame, and they gathered themselves to him, and they bowed down to the earth, and they brought him offerings, and he became their lord and king, and they all dwelt with him in the city at Shinar, and Nimrod reigned in the earth over all the sons of Noah, and they were all under his power and counsel.
And all the earth was of one tongue and words of union, but Nimrod did not go in the ways of the Lord, and he was more wicked than all the men that were before him, from the days of the flood until those days.
And he made gods of wood and stone, and he bowed down to them, and he rebelled against the Lord, and taught all his subjects and the people of the earth his wicked ways; and Mardon his son was more wicked than his father.
And every one that heard of the acts of Mardon the son of Nimrod would say, concerning him, From the wicked goeth forth wickedness; therefore it became a proverb in the whole earth, saying, From the wicked goeth forth wickedness, and it was current in the words of men from that time to this.
Jasher 7:46-49

The [church that is] at Babylon, elected together with [you], saluteth you; and [so doth] Marcus my son.
1 Peter 5:13