• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anti-immigrant rhetoric

anotherneil

What laws have they broken by presenting themselves for asylum on US territory which being on US territory is the prerequisite for claiming asylum?
Asylum-seekers-in-Texas.jpg

Migrants presenting themselves at the border in Eagle Pass Texas.

Why there are lots running around, we can't process their claims due to a lack of judicial resources and under US law like the rest of us they are guaranteed due process. Resources to process these immigrants was a large part of the bill that Trump scuttled.

Also, I have to ask the question, does this collection of women, children and families look like a jail population or a mental asylum population to you?
Loaded question & strawman attack.

Also, that's an image from December 17, 2023: EA on Monocle Radio: The Courts and Texas v. Migrants and Asylum Seekers - EA WorldView

Trump wasn't POTUS in 2023.

anotherneil

We need to see some evidence of this actually occurring under the circumstances you are positing. trafficking of young single girls does happen and all to frequently, but the circumstances are not those of a family crossing together and the receiving traffickers are likely American citizens whether of Hispanic origin or not. You seem to have very much bought into Trump's conflation of many problems when in fact they are largely all separate enterprises. The drug importers do not use migrants, they use trucks with normal cargo, the traffickers don't steal girls from families at the border, they promise them jobs in the US in their home towns and then move them and so forth. Persons waiting for a court date in immigration court are not illegal though they generally are not allowed to work, but those that are working are very likely to have entered legally and overstayed their legal entrance but still using the government provided paperwork.
It ain't what Donald is pretending it is.
You're demanding evidence to prove that that we don't know whether an adult is the parent of a child, which is like asking me to prove a negative, while at the same time, you rattle of a long series of claims that are somewhat probably cherry picking.

You seem to be insinuating that since we don't know if an adult is the parent of a child, we ought to go ahead and give them a pass; who cares if they really aren't the parent of that child and that child is being trafficked, right? Well, I think I do. If parents don't want to be separated from their children, then it's advisable that they not try to enter the country illegally with their children.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
You're demanding evidence to prove that that we don't know whether an adult is the parent of a child, which is like asking me to prove a negative, while at the same time, you rattle of a long series of claims that are somewhat probably cherry picking.

You seem to be insinuating that since we don't know if an adult is the parent of a child, we ought to go ahead and give them a pass; who cares if they really aren't the parent of that child and that child is being trafficked, right? Well, I think I do. If parents don't want to be separated from their children, then it's advisable that they not try to enter the country illegally with their children.

Or you could do a DNA-test of the involved parties if they are detained. Then the problem is solved.

anotherneil

So none of these 3 links are relevant as they are from mainstream media and thus you trust the links but you don't. :D
What's there to trust? There is no trust in involved. It's a video of Trump speaking and 2 transcripts of what he said. You can compare the transcripts to what he's saying in the video for yourself, if you care about that.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
What's there to trust? There is no trust in involved. It's a video of Trump speaking and 2 transcripts of what he said. You can compare the transcripts to what he's saying in the video for yourself, if you care about that.

You can't trust that it is not fake. You said you don't trust them and then you trust them.

anotherneil

Some adults with children cross the border and are according to the laws placed in detention or whatever (don't nitpick the words, please) and the children are separated. Please explain further as per your post that it happens and explain how it happens to your knowledge.
You're not really answering my question because you only bring up one case; you need to include at least one more case.

Maybe I don't understand what you're trying to ask; try rephrasing your question.

We Never Know

No Slack
Or you could do a DNA-test of the involved parties if they are detained. Then the problem is solved.

That's true. While we are at it there are a lot of unsolved crimes that have DNA evidence but no match in the system and lots of children who don't know who their mom or dad is.
Make it mandatory for everyone to submit a DNA sample.
Many crimes will be solved, lots of biological parents will be found.

Tomef

If you want to try to refute the fact that Obama was putting children in cages before Trump became POTUS, go right ahead; I'd actually like to see you try.
I'm not sure if you're avoiding the question of if you just don't get it - separating children from their parents. That is the point you responded to, in each of the posts, mine and another, you responded to.

Tomef

I already gave you an example, but if you need an article, here you go
No, you didn't. This is what baffles me about Trumpers, the idea that simply posting some vid constitutes making a point.

Re. the article in The Atlantic you posted, what is it, specifically, that you think is misrepresentative, and why. Be specific. Argue your point, properly, so it can be responded to.

We Never Know

No Slack
There’s a lot of space between ‘don’t trust everything’ and ‘I won’t read that because it’s CNN’. The first is taken as read, the second is the mindset of a cult member.

Ok, so give me a link to an article you think it misleading or deceptive, about Trump or some related topic. We can see how the ‘skeptical’ mind of someone who considers Breitbart a reliable source works.
CNN is pro Trump now evidently. At least that's what I was told on another thread here.

Pogo

Loaded question & strawman attack.

Also, that's an image from December 17, 2023: EA on Monocle Radio: The Courts and Texas v. Migrants and Asylum Seekers - EA WorldView

Trump wasn't POTUS in 2023.
Are you implying that that much of a backlog would not have been seen under Trump? LOL
Whether under Trump or Biden, this is an example of the number of people that have to be dealt with according to US law. Or you could take the position that these people would have been that much farther into the US under trump. There is way more to it than your simplistic arguments for a wall.

Tomef

To me it's the mindset of a cult member when they continue to read & subscribe to propaganda, spin, and deception from discredited sources.
This is exactly what you are doing. Make your case for why you believe CNN to be discredited without using vague assertions, random beliefs, selective information and unsupported claims.

Last edited:

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
You're not really answering my question because you only bring up one case; you need to include at least one more case.

Maybe I don't understand what you're trying to ask; try rephrasing your question.

Yeah, you avoid answering:
You don't seem to understand - this is to protect children from being trafficked. When adults are illegally entering the country and they have children with them, you're making an assumption if you think that adults entering the country illegally are their parents; you don't know that they're their parents, and I'm not going to join you in making such an assumption, either.

I asked if for your case as presented is so for all adults with children as relevant for your example?

Pogo

No, I am pointing out that Trump is conflating many problems to make it seem if they are related and demonizing all of them for the problems of a few.

anotherneil

I would guess that this is what they do, but if they're not, then maybe it's because such tests are expensive - who's going to foot the bill for that?

Here's another suggestion: build the wall, and if anyone wants to come to the US, go through the proper legal channels, have the necessary documentation like birth certificates and IDs, passports, etc.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I would guess that this is what they do, but if they're not, then maybe it's because such tests are expensive - who's going to foot the bill for that?

Here's another suggestion: build the wall, and if anyone wants to come to the US, go through the proper legal channels, have the necessary documentation like birth certificates and IDs, passports, etc.

Please give a breakdown of how illegal immigrants enter and the price of building the wall versus DNA-testing. Further include the price of maintaining the wall and checking no tunnels are built under it.
If you want to include costs, do it for all of what is in play.