• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anti-immigrant rhetoric

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I don't; you're still showing that you're either ignoring what I wrote or don't understand it for some reason.

What is there to trust regarding what Trump said if it's a video that actually shows him speaking for himself? I'm not asking you if you trust or don't trust what Donald Trump himself said.

I would like for you to find the full clip if relevant and check if it is not edited and so on. That is your standard so it also applies to you. You can't trust media as per your own claim for not being edited and so on. So have you checked?

Answer this post of mine about trust as you claim it. The clip you gave is 13 secs. It can't be trusted as it could have been edited. Live up to your own standards please.

anotherneil

I would like for you to find the full clip if relevant and check if it is not edited and so on. That is your standard so it also applies to you. You can't trust media as per your own claim for not being edited and so on. So have you checked?
I'll give you that entire debate:

anotherneil

Ever seen the green lady, I very much suspect that your ancestors understood the same statement from her. Some reason that she is no longer to be honored?
I don't know who "the green lady" is; I've never heard of this. Which ancestors, my Irish ancestors or my hispanic ancestors?

Is this relevant at all in any way to this thread?

anotherneil

They can't prove that they are the parents if the USA don't accept their home country documentation.
Not only is this not my problem, but I also want to prevent it from being a USA problem at all by getting that wall built.

Now please compare the price of the current system with the price of your wall with all and answer who is going to pay of it in both cases?
Quote me an offer, and if I accept it, pay me in advance - then I'll take a crack at it.

anotherneil

Well, you brought up the cost.
And I explained why I did.

Further building the wall is not certain to solve the question?
Does your home have walls?

That is why I asked you about statistics of how illegals enter the country?
I don't recall any question from you about staticstics of how illegals enter the country; why do you have a question mark? Is this a statement or a question? In fact, same with the prior sentence.

As for taking jobs, it seems that there is enough employers willing to hire illegals, so you might want to start there.
Strawman. It's not about whether or not there are enough employers willing to hire illegals; it's about jobs being taken away from Americans by illegals.

Pogo

No, you are just claiming that Trump is doing this.
No, I am basically stating the obvious, there aren't even enough criminals in jails to account for all of the supposed criminals being sent if the numbers at the borders are an indication and they still have the overcrowding in mexican and South American jails. Basically every claim that he makes is a lie. Excuse me, he lies in one speech and then makes another speech where he does not lie about that specific thing so that he and his sycophants can claim that see he didn't lie while the other half can still believe the other statement.

Most recent example, His speech to the moms of liberty, find a review and you will see several statements that are not just hyperbole but really outright lies. He is claiming that he is really ahead in all of the polls but the media, all of it including fox is lying, That his daughter was turned down for a UN position and that she hired millions of people and these are just the one's that are so blatantly false that nobody can believe them.

It is called a Gish Gallop where a person spreads so much manure that there is no way anyone can counter all of it with rational answers and so it is accepted by those who wish it to be true with the further assumption that so many things are being said about them that they must be out to get him when in fact, he is that much of a liar.

All that without even getting to his positions which change with every audience and whatever way the wind is blowing. Here is a man who was a pro=choice democrat 20 years ago and then selected on the recommendation of a radical right wing organization justices who overturned Roe v Wade and now that that is a problem for his candidacy is saying that he didn't really mean it that the states should make the decision in that even his own state has gone too far.

Read the bloody news, the man is a liar and a gaslighter who says whatever he feels will get him through a situation and then says something else a day later.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
And I explained why I did.

Does your home have walls?

I don't recall any question from you about staticstics of how illegals enter the country; why do you have a question mark? Is this a statement or a question? In fact, same with the prior sentence.

Strawman. It's not about whether or not there are enough employers willing to hire illegals; it's about jobs being taken away from Americans by illegals.

We don't agree as such for this sub-thread, so I will stop here. And if you have to make a post about how I am irrational and what not, feel free to do so.

anotherneil

His own admission of barging into the changing rooms at miss teen American contestants, their complaints, his own admission of sexually assaulting women, some of which presumably was consensual, some of it, according to the women so assaulted, was not. Trump’s complete lack of credibility as an extraordinarily prolific liar compared to multiple accusations from people without that same record. His previously close relationship with known sex offenders, comments from former colleagues, wives and family members.
It's a basic yes or no question, and you didn't answer it.

Not that what you bring up here isn't important, but this is already straying off the thread topic.

anotherneil

Don’t you think you should be able to credibly explain your POV?
This is a vague or open-ended question, and it's about me rather than the thread topic. I don't get into discussions about myself unless it's an interview thread about me, or something to that effect.

If it wasn't a vague or open-ended question, it was pertaining to specific POV that I expressed, and it had relevance to this thread topic, then I'd answer it; do you have a question like this for me?

anotherneil

You’re claiming those adults are not their parents, hence you create a burden of proof to demonstrate why you think so.
No I'm not claiming that those adults are not their parents. We do not know whether or not they're their parents.

The burden of proof is on the adults to prove that they're the parents of the children that are with them, and the burden of proof is on you too if you want to claim that they are the parents of those children.

Pogo

I don't know who "the green lady" is; I've never heard of this. Which ancestors, my Irish ancestors or my hispanic ancestors?

Is this relevant at all in any way to this thread?
If you have Irish ancestry, they came here without permission and just showed up at the border and and asked to live here because you were persecuted or starving or maybe avoiding jail (debtors prison or some other offense that were sent to the US) in your home country.
Get off your high horse and recognize that this latest variation on your hispanic ancestors is just trying to do the same thing your ancestors did.
united-states-statue-of-liberty-vertical_2x3.jpg