• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

anyone ever wanted to be a moviestar

Titanic

William B. Davis, "Cancer man" on the X-files was a client of mine for a few years when the X-files was in its hay day. I remember chatting to him while we were driving up the computer store I managed at the time, and was explaining what I was going through and how I had to put a "brave face" on to carry on. He said, with a smile, "You might make a good actor". I didn't know if he was pulling my leg or was being serious. He certainly never called me to come on to the set and get my feet wet. :)

Well if i was you i would have asked him to see if he could have gotten you on the set. I am trying my best to become a moviestar, it to me is the greatest job on planet earth. The top moviestar's out there are lucky in my opinion.

Wirey

Fartist
Well if i was you i would have asked him to see if he could have gotten you on the set. I am trying my best to become a moviestar, it to me is the greatest job on planet earth. The top moviestar's out there are lucky in my opinion.

A lifetime of make-believe being worshiped by people too lazy to read? Pass.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Not gonna lie, movie star and rock star were both high on my initial list of desired professions.

I'm bad at both music and acting, though.

Titanic

I just wanted to pop back in one more time to say a few things on this thread. First off reasons why I want to be a movie star. All the money you could ever ask for, you would be set for life. Fame all the fans that would go and see you up on the big screen, pretty much ever one knowing your name. Yes I have to say it all the women one will get. Filming sex scenes with the hottest actress's. What could be better than that? Acting in all of those blockbuster movies it would really be awesome. Titanic,Basic instinct, Silence of the lambs, to name a few. I know it would be a lot better than working at wal-mart your whole life as soon as you get out of high school. People like Brad Pitt Johnny Depp Dicaprio are lucky. Movie stars are lucky. Its play not even a real job. I hope I can become one. Why would you not want to be one? I grew up loving movies I am a product of a childhood love of movies. maybe one day eh? catch you guys one the flip side. peace.

Wherenextcolumbus

When I was a kid, I wanted to be Sarah in Labryinth, alongside David Bowie. I wanted to be in the ballroom scene.

[youtube]VppuD1St8Ec[/youtube]
Labyrinth - As The World Falls Down (David Bowie) - YouTube

I've always been a fan of Phantom of the Opera. I would have gladly filled in for Emmy Rossum and worked alongside Gerard Butler.

I've always wanted to sing on stage and would prefer that over acting, I think.

Oh my god! Me too!! Major Bowie crush. But now that I'm older I think Bowie is a bit of a creeper in the movie, she's in high school and he is an ancient Goblin king trying to groom her lol!

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
There was a time I thought I'd make a great actor and did some acting in church plays. I thought being a movie star would be cool.

As an aside, I thought that the title 'Movie Star' made no sense. Star? Movie 'Star'? A strange choice of words I thought.

Last edited:

illykitty

RF's pet cat
I've been many things, singer, model, actress... In my mind. Always had an active and very vivid imagination.

In reality? Well perhaps part of me craves a little fame and money but I think I'd be sick of it quick. I need my own space and privacy.

Either way, that would never happen, I don't have that sort of talent and I'm not good looking enough to be hired talentless either (because, let's admit, some got famous for their looks).

I took theatre for two years in secondary school but didn't get over my shyness.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Being a movie star is absolutely nothing I've ever wanted. It doesn't appeal to me at all. Does this mean I am weird? ;)

BeckyRose1998

PICKLES THE KID
Sure. I mean, why not? I'd love to be in a movie with Cameron Diaz, or Michael J. Fox(because I liked BTTF), or Mike Myers. Hahaha Yeah, but my friend, Allanis, is the actress, not me. I can't act. But, I CAN fake cry. Does that count as acting?

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Being a movie star is absolutely nothing I've ever wanted. It doesn't appeal to me at all. Does this mean I am weird? ;)

Nope.

I, personally, like having freedom and an identity I carve for myself rather than what fans want me to be, or counter what the paparazzi wants me to be.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
I used to, but then figured out I would probably be miserable if I was massively famous. If I became an actor, I would much prefer theatre or doing Indie films; as opposed to big Hollywood fare.

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
I would not want to be a movie star. That said, for the experience of it, I would love to act in a good movie with legit actors, be they famous or not (I would like to act with a few famous actors just for the personal thrill), and personnel and all that good stuff just so I could do it. Acting is fun and I think being in a movie would be fun.

Not doin it for the fame though; I dont want celebrity and fame. :shrug:

Titanic

I think playing in Monsters Ball would have been pretty cool. Doing them scenes with Halle Berry...

Titanic

I'd rather be famous for doing great things instead of pretending to do great things.

Well Acting in blockbuster movies is not like finding a cure for cancer but still it provides people with entertainment and a escape from the real world for awhile into better worlds maybe.