• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Arab/Israeli Conflict

Napoleon

i suggest you look at this and you can thank hamas for not delivering peace

LOL. The Oslo Accords?? You do realize that, under that agreement, Israel would have annexed more land than it was returning to the Palestinians and the Israeli Government would have been in complete control of any government elected by the Palestinians? The Oslo Accords did not, in fact, contain provisions for an INDEPENDANT Palestine but merely a vassal state to ultimately be governed by Israel.

kai

ragamuffin
LOL. The Oslo Accords?? You do realize that, under that agreement, Israel would have annexed more land than it was returning to the Palestinians and the Israeli Government would have been in complete control of any government elected by the Palestinians? The Oslo Accords did not, in fact, contain provisions for an INDEPENDANT Palestine but merely a vassal state to ultimately be governed by Israel.
signed by Palestinian leaders
The Accords were finalized in Oslo, Norway on August 20, 1993, and subsequently officially signed at a public ceremony in Washington D.C. on September 13, 1993, with Mahmoud Abbas signing for the Palestine Liberation Organization and Shimon Peres signing for the State of Israel. It was witnessed by Warren Christopher for the United States and Andrei Kozyrev for Russia, in the presence of US President Bill Clinton and Israel's Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin with the PLO's Chairman Yasser Arafat.

Oslo Accords - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
so you think that an independant, self supporting ,valid, palestinian state is possible?

Napoleon

so you think that an independant, self supporting ,valid, palestinian state is possible?

1. I know what the Oslo Accords are.

2. Why on earth would anyone believe that the majority of Palestinians would find the conditions of the Oslo Accords to be acceptable?

3. Yes, I do believe that an independent, self supporting, and valid Palestinian state is possible.

Jeremy Mason

If Israel is not offering anything for those people so the only solution is to think of the total distruction of this illegal occupation and nothing else.

There was a time when I thought Abu was a voice for moderation. It's this lack of moderation that's propelling this fight. :cigar:):)cool:

kai

ragamuffin
1. I know what the Oslo Accords are. good for you

2. Why on earth would anyone believe that the majority of Palestinians would find the conditions of the Oslo Accords to be acceptable? because they were signed by abbas and witnessed ny Arafat who must of thought they were acceptable

3. Yes, I do believe that an independent, self supporting, and valid Palestinian state is possible.
How,? How can it? explain

Napoleon

because they were signed by abbas and witnessed ny Arafat who must of thought they were acceptable

1. Just because a leader signs a document doesn't mean that the majority of that leader's constituents agree with it.

2. Arafat didn't have much of a choice now did he. It was either that or wake up with an Israeli tank turret shoved through his bedroom window or, as the whole world saw, his compound being demolished while he was still inside.

How,? How can it? explain

The land would have to be redistributed to suit the humanitarian needs of the population. That means that Israel would no longer have exclusive access to the only body of fresh water within hundreds of miles of the territory, all of the most fertile regions in the territory, or 2/3rds of the coastline.

kai

ragamuffin
1. Just because a leader signs a document doesn't mean that the majority of that leader's constituents agree with it.

2. Arafat didn't have much of a choice now did he. It was either that or wake up with an Israeli tank turret shoved through his bedroom window or, as the whole world saw, his compound being demolished while he was still inside.

The land would have to be redistributed to suit the humanitarian needs of the population. That means that Israel would no longer have exclusive access to the only body of fresh water within hundreds of miles of the territory, all of the most fertile regions in the territory, or 2/3rds of the coastline.

how would you do that? and by fressh water do you mean the sea of galilee and the river jordan?

i am interested in how a truly independant state could survive economically and socially without israel? or does it mean that Israel has to go? this is a genuine question

.lava

Veteran Member
so you go with Hamas and the toatal destruction of Israel?

i want destruction to end.

Palestine voted for Hamas. it was a democratic election. but USA and Israel don't want Palestine to be a independent country. Israel always play the same card. they want to destroy us, look what Germans did to us...etc. there is Iran much bigger than both Israel and Palestine and Iran threats Israel all the time. but Iran is too big right? they prefer make Iran and Turkey be at war with each other. we'll see if they can manage this evil plan work.

by killing children and women, driving over teenagers by bulldozers, pointing machineguns at little kids who hold rocks in their hands...etc that is what Israel do all the time. they want to have reaction from Muslims, so they can keep on playing their wicked game to take more and more. it is Israel who pulls negativity on themselves by their actions. they make themselves look like the side who's under attack, who's suffering, who's in trouble...etc. and you buy it. because all the newspapers, for example, say hamas is terrorists. check out who owns the company. Israel is the source of terror. Israel as a government is the ugliest terrorist ever. but people who live there is another issue. as i said before: the biggest enemy of Jewish people is Israeli government. that's the reason why.

nevermind Kai, i am sure if you sincerely want to know the truth, you'd be given.

kai

ragamuffin
i want destruction to end.

Palestine voted for Hamas. it was a democratic election. but USA and Israel don't want Palestine to be a independent country. Israel always play the same card. they want to destroy us, look what Germans did to us...etc. there is Iran much bigger than both Israel and Palestine and Iran threats Israel all the time. but Iran is too big right? they prefer make Iran and Turkey be at war with each other. we'll see if they can manage this evil plan work.

by killing children and women, driving over teenagers by bulldozers, pointing machineguns at little kids who hold rocks in their hands...etc that is what Israel do all the time. they want to have reaction from Muslims, so they can keep on playing their wicked game to take more and more. it is Israel who pulls negativity on themselves by their actions. they make themselves look like the side who's under attack, who's suffering, who's in trouble...etc. and you buy it. because all the newspapers, for example, say hamas is terrorists. check out who owns the company. Israel is the source of terror. Israel as a government is the ugliest terrorist ever. but people who live there is another issue. as i said before: the biggest enemy of Jewish people is Israeli government. that's the reason why.

nevermind Kai, i am sure if you sincerely want to know the truth, you'd be given.

my country wants a two state solution my friend but Hamas stands in the way and thats the truth

kai

ragamuffin
Hamas 'wrecking Mid-East peace'

US Vice-President Dick Cheney has said Palestinian militant group Hamas, along with Iran and Syria, is trying to torpedo the Middle East peace process.

BBC NEWS | World | Middle East | Hamas 'wrecking Mid-East peace'

if Hamas laid down its arms the whole world would be watching and i assure you billions of aid would flood into the palestinian territories , its the only way to go how long hve the guns been firing only to make life worse ,stop firing and make life better

.lava

Veteran Member
my country wants a two state solution my friend but Hamas stands in the way and thats the truth

yes and i agree with that.
it is not only Hamas that stands in the way, it is Palestine people. Israel makes all the talks with Al-Fatah. but people of Palestine did choose Hamas over Al-Fatah. so what does that mean? Israel simply ignoring people who live in Palestine. how could you offer a solution if you're ignoring one of the sides? that is not a solution then. that is dictatorship offering poor people whether to become slaves or to suffer to death.

are you Israeli? i did not know that.
there is nothing personal Kai.

kai

ragamuffin
yes and i agree with that.
it is not only Hamas that stands in the way, it is Palestine people. Israel makes all the talks with Al-Fatah. but people of Palestine did choose Hamas over Al-Fatah. so what does that mean? Israel simply ignoring people who live in Palestine. how could you offer a solution if you're ignoring one of the sides? that is not a solution then. that is dictatorship offering poor people whether to become slaves or to suffer to death.

are you Israeli? i did not know that.
there is nothing personal Kai.

i am british and my country does not talk to Hamas because it advocates terrorism , if the gunfire stops the voices of the Palestinain people would be heard by the world .

peace , kai

.lava

Veteran Member
i am british and my country does not talk to Hamas because it advocates terrorism , if the gunfire stops the voices of the Palestinain people would be heard by the world .

peace , kai

well, when you started by saying 'my country want.... solution' i thought you are from Israel with no doubt. doesnot matter though. i am not enemy to anyone. i intent not to be even they were enemy to me.

do you really think that voice of Palestinian is not heard? it is pretty much heard around eastern side of the globe. but western side fulfilled with information that ruled by Israel.

first USA supported democratic election in Palestine. when Palestine voted for hamas, hamas announced they drop guns. what was respond to that?

kai

ragamuffin
the west cannot talk to terrorist my friend its just the way it is. and Hamas has not dropped its guns or stopped islamic jihad from firing its rockets , it wages war against Israel and the people suffer.

Napoleon

how would you do that? and by fressh water do you mean the sea of galilee and the river jordan?

I'm referencing the Sea of Galilee because the Jordan River is too heavily polluted. How would I do that? Israel would have to give up it's exclusive access.

i am interested in how a truly independant state could survive economically and socially without israel? or does it mean that Israel has to go? this is a genuine question

Israel would have to give up some land.

kai

ragamuffin
I'm referencing the Sea of Galilee because the Jordan River is too heavily polluted. How would I do that? Israel would have to give up it's exclusive access.
In 1964 Israel began operating a dam that diverts water from the Sea of Galilee, a major Jordan River water provider, to the National Water Carrier. Also in 1964 Jordan constructed a channel that diverted water from the Yarmouk River, another main tributary of the Jordan River. Syria has also built reservoirs that catch the Yarmouk's waters. Environmentalists blame Israel, Jordan and Syria for extensive damage to the Jordan River ecosystem.[1]
In modern times the waters are 70 to 90% used for human purposes and the flow is much reduced. Because of this and the high evaporation rate of the Dead Sea, the sea is shrinking. All the shallow waters of the southern end of the sea have been drained in modern times and are now salt flats.
In September2006 a problem arose with contamination: just downstream, raw sewage is flowing into the water. Small sections of the Jordan's upper portion, near the Sea of Galilee, have been kept pristine for baptisms. Most polluted is the 60-mile downstream stretch - a meandering stream from the Sea of Galilee to the Dead Sea. Environmentalists say the practice has almost destroyed the river's ecosystem. Rescuing the river could take decades, according to environmentalists.[1] In 2007, friends of the Earth Middle East named Jordan River as one of the world's 100 most endangered ecological sites, due in part to lack of cooperation between Israel and the neighboring Arab states
the sea Galilee

Israel's National Water Carrier, built in 1964, transports water from the lake to the population centers of Israel, and is the source of most of the country's drinking water. Israel also supplies water from the lake to the West Bank and to Jordan (under the terms of the Israel-Jordan Treaty of Peace). Increasing water demand and some dry winters have resulted in stress on the lake and a decreasing water line, at times to dangerously low levels

Israel would have to give up some land.

where to? and to whom?

Troublemane

Why not whining about my brothers and sisters who are being killed? Why not whining about allowing a racist terrorist entity to continue its massacres to my people? Why not whining about the Muslim weak response to the Zionist terrorism? Why not whining that I don't have any thing to offer to my oppressed brothers and sisters except whining?
Every Muslim should whine and that is the weakest faith.

I have never waited for anything from anyone supporting the racist Zionist terrorists except more disgusting support to their terrorism and racism.

well...calling israel an illegitimate state, calling them racist terrorists is exactly the problem. if you view anyone from israel as your mortal enemy then you are likely to not want peace with them. it will only be when jews and muslims actually want to see each other as human beings that peace can be possible. NOT if you insist on calling them evil, racist, etc. Dont you see that by calling an entire nation racist you are admitting to being racist yourself?

Sahar

well...calling israel an illegitimate state, calling them racist terrorists is exactly the problem.
By calling it a problem is exactly the problem.
Who don't want peace? Peace will only be achieved when the rights return to their people as rights usually don't return on their own, their people will pay very expensive price and cost them sacrifices to get their rights back.
I don't really understand what you expect me to recognize Israel!! :shrug: