• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Archaeology and the Bible

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Well, at least the belief in such. And, I might add, just as prone to produce delusions.
Well... if this new life that saved my marriage and produced a different future with a couple of miracles throughout...

Let me live my delusion.

You have just proved my point. No matter what, you don't want to believe...

God did not want a 9 year old die in her sleep and "church explain away that she had already "done her work" and god wanted her back was both sad and disturbing." is a bunch of cow paddies. Satan, the thief and the murderer from the beginning, is the only one that kills 9 year olds. Sorry the church opened their mouths and spewed vomit.

Please explain how it's "a bunch of cow paddies". That is exactly how they explained it. It was said over and over so many times, it was really hard to keep my mouth shut.

So sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you. (I lost a niece through suicide)

And Jesus threw out those who acted without faith before he resurrected a child. I would suggest you start using faith for your friend. Holding your breath won't help him live, it will help him die.
Oh I see, so if someone dies it's Satan's fault but if someone is healed (miraculously by your definition) God intervened! The logical fallacy is thick. You obviously don't have proof of any of this either.

Think about this. If God loved us so much, why did he make us broken and to suffer? Why send his son to suffer and die a horrible death (which no loving parent would do) when he/she could simply have fixed it all with the wave of a hand? God, this supposed perfect being made a horribly imperfect world. Don't give me the free will crap either, because an all knowing, omnipresent, omnipotent, etc etc being knew every single outcome before they happened. Meaning, he knew Adam and Eve would break his laws before he even made them. Sounds like an a-hole to me.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
@KenS, @Debateable : what does any of this have to do with archaeology?

Once again we're treated to competition between those wanting to testify and those committed to bible-bashing. Why don't you folks take a break and actually pick up a book on archaeology?

@KenS, @Debateable : what does any of this have to do with archaeology?

Once again we're treated to competition between those wanting to testify and those committed to bible-bashing. Why don't you folks take a break and actually pick up a book on archaeology?
Good point, but it's hard to not get into a debate when people continuously try to use said archaeology for proof of their faith. There's a reason it's called faith...

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Well... if this new life that saved my marriage and produced a different future with a couple of miracles throughout...

Let me live my delusion.
1) I'm glad you were able to save your marriage if that was a good thing for you.
2) You absolute right to live your life with whichever delusions you want. But that doesn't mean I will take them seriously in a public forum.

Kenny

Premium Member
Please explain how it's "a bunch of cow paddies". That is exactly how they explained it. It was said over and over so many times, it was really hard to keep my mouth shut.
AND I DON'T BLAME YOU!! Yes, I'm shouting.

Oh I see, so if someone dies it's Satan's fault but if someone is healed (miraculously by your definition) God intervened! The logical fallacy is thick. You obviously don't have proof of any of this either.
Ohhhh... you want me to say that if someone is healed it is Satan's doing and if someone dies it is God's doing. Man, is your thinking religious.

Name me ONE time when Jesus, who did the perfect will of God, EVER went to someone and said "I'm just going to take your life!" No, the times that someone young died, he came are raised them from the dead.

Think about this. If God loved us so much, why did he make us broken and to suffer?
He didn't. It would be like you giving a car to your son or daughter who then went 100 mph and destroyed the car and got injured and then said to you "Dad/mom why did you make me suffer?"

Why send his son to suffer and die a horrible death (which no loving parent would do) when he/she could simply have fixed it all with the wave of a hand?

Parents do it all the time as the let their children go into the armed forces and you need to read Genesis instead of just making statements. (Or ask questions for understanding)

Let me ask you some questions and see what kinda world you are describing...

If a car accident is about to happen, God should wave a wand and stop it. Therefore,
If someone is about to break a bone, God should wave a wand and stop it. Therefore,
Someone is about to fall off their skate board and God should wave a wand and stop it.
Someone is about to scrape their knee He should wave a wand and stop it.

And while He is at it, He should prevent us from driving to fast, playing sports, stop us from having a skateboard and stop us from running.

That is the world you just described by the "wave of a wand".

You would NEVER live under your parents roof if they exerted that type of control.

Kenny

Premium Member
Good point, but it's hard to not get into a debate when people continuously try to use said archaeology for proof of their faith. There's a reason it's called faith...
My point from the beginning is simply that the historical record in the TaNaKh is correct. You can leave my faith out of it if you want.

Kenny

Premium Member
1) I'm glad you were able to save your marriage if that was a good thing for you.
2) You absolute right to live your life with whichever delusions you want. But that doesn't mean I will take them seriously in a public forum.
1) Thanks 2) Not a problem... am I allowed not to take you seriously either? :)

Kenny

Premium Member