• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are Christians Persecuted In The United States?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Are Christians persecuted in the United States? Are they persecuted in Europe? What about Australia? Other parts of the world?

Booko

Deviled Hen
Of course! Haven't you noticed the War on Christmas will be starting up again soon? It's nearly Labor Day!

And in the middle of that, there's that Satan-worshipping "holiday" of Halloween!

Isn't that proof enough?

UnTheist

Not sure about the other countries. But In the US, Christans are FAR from the most persecuted group. Most likely the least.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
I don't think they are much as some say they are, but I'm looking at it from a completely different angle. When you're the one being persecuted, it's obvious; but when you're an "outsider" one tends to think otherwise.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Yes... I'm surprised you guys didn't know the other ~20% of the nation lived their entire lives hunting down and oppressing Christians!

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
I think saying American Christians, in general, are persecuted makes a mockery of the word.

There are parts of the world(particularly in the ME, SE Asia, and Africa) where Christians, among others, are truly persecuted... where they lose their jobs, homes, freedom, and even lives...

No. Some Christians take the loss of privilege as an actual attack on Christianity. Anything other than the "best of the best" treatment must mean persecution.

It happens a lot also with whites, "family values" and men. Nothing irritates me faster than someone calling "persecution" when they're being treated equally than anyone else.

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
Not yet...but secular fundamentalism or any other form of fundamentalism can quickly make it a reality.

yossarian22

Resident Schizophrenic
Bloody communist liberals have been oppressing Christians since the beginning. Its why things suck now.
If only we had added the word god a few more times in the pledge of allegiance and our court system America would be much better.

wednesday

Jesus
In Australia Christians are too well intwined with the Government to be persecuted for anything. I Hate this country.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
We are not persecuted, we are in control of society. What is changing is the enboldenment of other beliefs challenging our control.

Hope

Princesinha
No, Christians in the US are not persecuted.

However, in many, many countries all over the world they are. I think it's sad how few American Christians realize the extent of this persecution, and just how fortunate we are.

Great website that gives more info:

The Voice of the Martyrs

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Reminds me of southern plantation owners feeling oppressed when their slaves griped about their society's "Christian" values.