• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are Christians Persecuted In The United States?

Popeyesays

Because the Sanhedrin accused jesus of claiming to be The King of the Jews, the Romans were convinced to execute jesus--something the Sanhedrin could not do without falling afoul of Roman law.

So, yes, it's symbolic. Jesus sat upon no earthly throne and never claimed an earthly throne.

regards,
Scott

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank

And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

So you're saying that this passage means that American Christians will be persecuted?
Although it does not say anything about Christians, America, or persecution?

Popeyesays

I perfectly understand the Bible uses Metaphor, But your saying all of the Bible is Metaphor? I asked you specifically did you think the texts of scripture presented -describing the Return of Christ as Being a "Noisy event"- that everyone will see (according to the Bible) - represents Metaphor? -in correction to your claim that Christ second return would be "Silent"

D. N. if you could put your comments OUTSIDE my comments it would make them easier to quote in reply.

As to the question, yes, it is metaphorical. It is metaphorical in my scripture as well:

"Within this Paradise, and from the heights of its loftiest chambers, the Maids of Heaven have cried out and shouted: "Rejoice, ye dwellers of the realms above, for the fingers of Him Who is the Ancient of Days are ringing, in the name of the All-Glorious, the Most Great Bell, in the midmost heart of the heavens. The hands of bounty have borne round the cup of everlasting life. Approach, and quaff your fill. Drink with healthy relish, O ye that are the very incarnations of longing, ye who are the embodiments of vehement desire!"
This is the Day whereon He Who is the Revealer of the names of God hath stepped out of the Tabernacle of glory, and proclaimed unto all who are in the heavens and all who are on the earth: "Put away the cups of Paradise and all the life-giving waters they contain, for lo, the people of Baha have entered the blissful abode of the Divine Presence, and quaffed the wine of reunion, from the chalice of the beauty of their Lord, the All-Possessing, the Most High."
(Baha'u'llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 31)

"Say: The heavens have been folded together, and the earth is held within His grasp, and the corrupt doers have been held by their forelock, and still they understand not. They drink of the tainted water, and know it not. Say: The shout hath been raised, and the people have come forth from their graves, and arising, are gazing around them. Some have made haste to attain the court of the God of Mercy, others 42 have fallen down on their faces in the fire of Hell, while still others are lost in bewilderment. The verses of God have been revealed, and yet they have turned away from them. His proof hath been manifested, and yet they are unaware of it. And when they behold the face of the All-Merciful, their own faces are saddened, while they are disporting themselves. They hasten forward to Hell Fire, and mistake it for light. Far from God be what they fondly imagine! Say: Whether ye rejoice or whether ye burst for fury, the heavens are cleft asunder, and God hath come down, invested with radiant sovereignty. All created things are heard exclaiming: "The Kingdom is God's, the Almighty, the All-Knowing, the All-Wise."
(Baha'u'llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 41)

"Say: This, verily, is the heaven in which the Mother Book is treasured, could ye but comprehend it. He it is Who hath caused the Rock to shout, and the Burning Bush to lift up its voice, upon the Mount rising above the Holy Land, and proclaim: "The Kingdom is God's, the sovereign Lord of all, the All-Powerful, the Loving!"
We have not entered any school, nor read any of your dissertations. Incline your ears to the words of this unlettered One, wherewith He summoneth you unto God, the Ever-Abiding. Better is this for you than all the treasures of the earth, could ye but comprehend it."
(Baha'u'llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 199)

"O concourse of priests! Leave the bells, and come forth, then, from your churches. It behoveth you, in this day, to proclaim aloud the Most Great Name among the nations. Prefer ye to be silent, whilst every stone and every tree shouteth aloud: 'The Lord is come in His great glory!'? Well is it with the man who hasteneth unto Him. Verily, he is numbered among them whose names will be eternally recorded and who will be mentioned by the Concourse on High. Thus hath it been decreed by the Spirit in this wondrous Tablet. He that summoneth men in My name is, verily, of Me, and he will show forth that which is beyond the power of all that are on earth. Follow ye the Way of the Lord and walk not in the footsteps of them that are sunk in heedlessness. Well is it with the slumberer who is stirred by the Breeze of God and ariseth from amongst the dead, directing his steps towards the Way of the Lord. Verily, such a man is regarded, in the sight of God, the True One, as a jewel amongst men and is reckoned with the blissful."
(Baha'u'llah, Tablets of Baha'u'llah, p. 13)

"The Word which the Son concealed is made manifest. It hath been sent down in the form of the human temple in this day. Blessed be the Lord Who is the Father! He, verily, is come unto the nations in His most great majesty. Turn your faces towards Him, O concourse of the righteous... This is the day whereon the Rock (Peter) crieth out and shouteth, and celebrateth the praise of its Lord, the All-Possessing, the Most High, saying: 'Lo! The Father is come, and that which ye were promised in the Kingdom is 85 fulfilled!...' My body longeth for the cross, and Mine head waiteth the thrust of the spear, in the path of the All-Merciful, that the world may be purged from its transgressions...."
(Baha'u'llah, The Proclamation of Baha'u'llah, p. 84)

Regards,
Scott

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
Let's say you're reading this passage and it's umm, the 16th century, and you live in Europe. Should you have read this passage to mean that at some point in the future, Christians in a country not yet in existence, the U.S., would be persecuted?

When does this passage predict that this will happen?
That reminds me, you didn't answer my earlier question about when these end times are due. Got an ETA on that?

rojse

RF Addict
Has someone managed to explain how the largest religious group in the USA is persecuted for it's beliefs?

Perhaps some people may paint graffiti on church walls or such, or call religious people names, but I would hardly call that persecution.

To be persecuted, you need an actively hateful majority, or a minority that has better arms, more political power, or the government has imposed laws that discriminate on the basis of a person's religious identity.

Considering that most people that are not religious are quite accepting in America, and that the President of the United States often professes to his religious inclinations, I seriously question the validity behind any claims of Christian persecution in America.

However, if the thread had asked whether a single religious group was persecuted, I think that there might be a different answer to the question.

logician

I am familiar with many Christian denomonations in the U.S., and know of none that are being actively persecuted by any group. There is dislike between some denominations, but "persecution", no way.

rojse

RF Addict
Can any Christians pleas post up their stories of persecution within the United States, so that we can feel sorry for them?

Popeyesays

I'd love to leave the Welsh out of it -- especially if I end up living there, which I'd love to do. :D

I am a Saylors, that is nearly as Welsh as "Jones". My father's father was from Cardiff and left the UK ahead of the WW I draft.

Regards,
Scott

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
O.K., rojse, in fairness, responders in this thread, including Christians, said they did not think Christians were persecuted in the U.S.

blackout

Violet.
"It seems very unlikely that Christians will be persecuted in the US. "

I think that is probably a very true (and telling) statement.

When Martial Law finally rears it's beastly head,
it will be the "non-patriots" who get slammed.
Not the "christians" (per say),
but those of us who refuse to put on masks
as participants in and "champions" of the national patriot "act".
Those of us who see it is all an act...
for the sake of control and power
and "forked tongue" corruption on high.

The things we call "christian churches" (almost all 501c3)
are one in the same bed with the world system/governing bodies...
and their flock listen so intently to the religo/politico double speak...
the twisted in-doctor'in-ations of their "invested leaders"...
(instead of Yeshua's very example... instead of The Father himself)...
that they are no threat to the "system" at all.

Faith in "the system" ...
(even "lifted up" in the "Holy Name of God"!)...
is pathetically impotent.
But the simple life of supernatural faith!
The threat of the rise of SUPERNATURAL freedom...
and inner SPIRITUAL power....
the world (as it is) just can't have it.
The illusion of OZ will fall
as the veil between "the worlds" is parted.

As I see it...
any form of "in-doctrine-nation" will spare persecution
from the impending NWO....
unless of course you just happen to be in the wrong place
at the wrong time.

gnostic

The Lost One
If sharing the same privileges and rights with non-Christian citizens, then I would have to say no, they are not persecuted. If they think this is persecution, then their standards have been lower considerably.

It is more of Christians trying to deny rights of others, eg. atheists, single mothers, Jews, pagans, gays, etc.

Rolling_Stone

I don't think they are much as some say they are, but I'm looking at it from a completely different angle. When you're the one being persecuted, it's obvious; but when you're an "outsider" one tends to think otherwise.
I'm an outsider and I can see it quite plainly.

shadow_fire

No, not at all. Christian groups like the AFA like to make themselves out to be martyrs. Christianity is the largest and by far one of the most least prosecuted religions in the world.