• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are crop circles works of art, given to us from from heaven, as signs of warning in these last days?

FFH

Veteran Member
Some are definitely created by humans but some of them are so huge and so intricate in design, I just don't see how it is possible for humans to do that in one night and without having an aerial view to create it.

Even on National Geographic when they tried to show how the circles are created by man, they even showed how someone measured the radiation within a crop circle as being much higher than directly outside of the crop circle. I even read that in some of the crop circles, the nodes of the plants are elongated not broken so the plants continue to live. I suppose that with the ones that are man made, the plants die because the nodes are broken.

Some of the crop circles have a spiritual significance eg. the chakras but I don't know what they mean. Sometimes I think that aliens see the man-made ones and think that we are communicating with them and they send back more intricate circles to reply. :D
Again, everyone see this post, it echos my thoughts concerning this exactly, minus the alien part of course...:)

FFH

Veteran Member
Oh well it take as all sorts to make a world!:D
Should we just continue to talk about the same old boring stuff.

I like to mix it up a bit and explore more radical things...

Maybe Katz and Becky should start their own "Official LDS Doctrine" forum...:yes:

This is a radical forum, all beliefs welcome...:yes:

Not on the LDS DIR forum now am I...no disclaimer needed. That would get pretty reduntant, maybe I should just post it in my title or something...

"Not necessarily the views of the LDS church or it's affiliates". Too bad not enough space, will just have to leave my title as it is now which is RaptureAlert.com: Sounding the alert that Jesus Christ is coming soon! :eek: :)

FFH

Veteran Member
BTW, I read this and thought it was fairly interesting:

Crop circle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Great link.

Here's a quote from that link.

In 1999 researcher Colin Andrews received funding from Laurence Rockefeller to conduct a two year investigation into crop circle hoaxing. Andrews put together a team which studied crop circles that had been commissioned by various media outlets and infiltrated several groups known to be creating man made circles. Using these man-made circles as a base, Andrews went on to study data from circles found in England in 1999 and 2000. Andrews concluded that 80% of all circles studied showed "unassailable" signs of having been man made: Including post holes used to demarcate circle layouts or evidence of human tracks underlying the circle sites, but could not account for the remaining 20%, for which he was unable to find signs of human interaction

Bishka

Veteran Member
but could not account for the remaining 20%, for which he was unable to find signs of human interaction

Lack of evidence does not mean God created these -- it took them several years to figure out smoking was bad for people. It may take a couple of more years to prove this phenomenon is man-made.

FFH

Veteran Member
Ah, here it is: Crop Circles

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Crop Circles[/FONT]

CropCircles2a.gif

CropCircles2b.gif

There is another one, I'll find it...

Hope

Princesinha
I have to go with FFH and Hema on this one. While some crop circles may indeed be hoaxes, to say they all are is basically jumping to a conclusion without studying the phenomenon thoroughly enough. I respect everyone's opinion on this subject, but it is not crazy to believe crop circles are an otherworldly phenomenon.

Now, I personally believe neither God nor aliens are responsible for them, but I do believe there is definitely some kind of supernatural force at work. I've seen documentaries about them, and they are fascinating. There have been scientists who have studied the circles, and have done tests on the plants affected by them, and they have come away shaking their heads, totally perplexed, and fully convinced they are not the handiwork of humans. And within the last few years the circles have become increasingly complex. So complex only a genius with unheard of technology would be able to create them. I urge people to look into this topic a little more in-depth before ridiculing those who see crop circles as other-worldly works of art.

Reactions: FFH

FFH

Veteran Member
Here is the other Bible code.

Looks like they may be evil, not good...probably made by the hands of Satan and his angels. They have powers that have been given to them to you know, God allows them to excercise certain powers...

Crop Circle Bible code link: The evil of the crop circles - from the heavens and the army.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The evil of the crop circles - from the heavens and the army.[/FONT]

CropCircles1a.gif

CropCircles1b.gif

Other interesting pages, haven't looked at these yet...

Revelation 13: The English King James version Bible Codes, Crop Circles
http://www.greatdreams.com/gem13.htm

FFH

Veteran Member
I have to go with FFH and Hema on this one. While some crop circles may indeed be hoaxes, to say they all are is basically jumping to a conclusion without studying the phenomenon thoroughly enough. I respect everyone's opinion on this subject, but it is not crazy to believe crop circles are an otherworldly phenomenon.

Now, I personally believe neither God nor aliens are responsible for them, but I do believe there is definitely some kind of supernatural force at work. I've seen documentaries about them, and they are fascinating. There have been scientists who have studied the circles, and have done tests on the plants affected by them, and they have come away shaking their heads, totally perplexed, and fully convinced they are not the handiwork of humans. And within the last few years the circles have become increasingly complex. So complex only a genius with unheard of technology would be able to create them. I urge people to look into this topic a little more in-depth before ridiculing those who see crop circles as other-worldly works of art.
Looks like you've summed this up pretty good. I'll echo what you've said here.

God bless and frubals on your head for this post...

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
It's impossible to bend the stems without killing the plant.
It's been done several times. There has even been a group that made one that was filmed, and the very next day, a cereotologist claimed it was impossible for that particular circle to have been man made.
Actually, I might get a group together and make one next year.

FFH

Veteran Member
It's been done several times. There has even been a group that made one that was filmed, and the very next day, a cereotologist claimed it was impossible for that particular circle to have been man made.
Actually, I might get a group together and make one next year.
We're both gonna need to get some links together to back up our claims...

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Finally an intelligent response, great post, you know what's up, you are right on, you got it right....frubals :)

Edit: except for the alien part :)

Thanks. Yeah, the alien part does sound crazy...it just came into my head one day. :D

I agree with you that an important difference is that in the ones that are not man-made, the plants continue to live. So whatever is sending a message, is doing so by maintaining the lives of the plants and not destroying them to get their message across.

jonny

I really hope that God has better things to do with his time than make weird symbols in corn fields.