• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are Satan and Hell as bad they say?

emiliano

Im not really to worried about an eternal seperation from God. I hate the idea of God and that is all that he is...an idea. And yes i think the same way about satan.If a super being really did create us then we were left and forgotten and thought of as a failure because there is too much ****** up **** in this world.

Well if you hate the idea of God you are separated from Him already or as the Bible says condemned already, and due to your separation you cannot believe and are really left out of His kingdom and forgotten, you do not belong to Him, as for your gloomy outlook of the world, it is understandable, you live a life without hope, thus have no happiness in this life and provably will have a worst afterlife.
Joh 3:18 He who believes on Him is not condemned, but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only-begotten Son of God.
And the condemnation is to be eternally separated from God, to a Christian this is worst than been eternally burned.

gnomon

Lucifer wanted to be and equal with god and essentialy revolted against him. So if Lucifer was trying to be more like god then why would he have us burning for eternity in hell when he wanted to become our savior the same as god?

It all depends upon which of the myriad of confused myths you wish to buy.

Spin the wheel or throw a dart.

Heneni

Miss Independent
It's just a personal belief about the stories, in my ongoing attempt to bring all mythologies together. ^_^

Besides, who said the pre-fire humans were suffering? It's possible that they were doing just fine, as Adam and Eve were just fine, and Lucifer/Prometheus saw otherwise.

I believe it was you who said they were misserable according the mythology (or according to you). And so lucifer came to their rescue?

Heneni

Miss Independent
Exactly. Zen is spot on :) Heaven and hell are states in which your mind immerses itself in.

Its a bit of a problem when someone imagines heaven to be what others considers to be hell. One person's 'mind' heaven could result in a living nightmare for someone else.

One guys idea of heaven is cutting up his victims and boiling them. The one loosing the limbs must be thinking they are in hell. I wonder if at that point they will remember what zen said and think to themselves. This is actuallly GREAT!

heneni

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I believe it was you who said they were misserable according the mythology (or according to you). And so lucifer came to their rescue?

I merely reported the myth as I had learned it in Junior High, and then offered a possibility that the pre-fire humans weren't miserable at all, and Prometheus/Lucifer mistook their simplicity for suffering, and acted against the will of the gods/God.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Well if you hate the idea of God you are separated from Him already or as the Bible says condemned already, and due to your separation you cannot believe and are really left out of His kingdom and forgotten, you do not belong to Him, as for your gloomy outlook of the world, it is understandable, you live a life without hope, thus have no happiness in this life and provably will have a worst afterlife.
Joh 3:18 He who believes on Him is not condemned, but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only-begotten Son of God.
And the condemnation is to be eternally separated from God, to a Christian this is worst than been eternally burned.

Hey, I'm separated from God, and I'm not miserable or gloomy.

I think we need to hear a bit more from J-Train before we play psychiatrist and diagnose him with depression.

challupa

My belief system says that no one can ever be seperated from God, because everything that is, is God. I am not miserable being seperated from the Judaic, Christian or Islamic God though because I don't believe that is what God is. Just my personal belief of course. I don't mean to undermine anyone else's, just wanted to let mine be known too.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Are Satan and Hell as bad they say?

The secret to the teachings of a negative Hell and Satan is to alway keep the student believing that there is nothing that anyone could possibly imagine that could be worse.

emiliano

But to someone who wants the separation, it's a good thing, which may explain why God had to add the burning part.

Yes it is good and it can even be good right to the end of one’s earthly life, but you must consider that to Christians life does not end at the death of the body and the eternal bliss that await those that believe in God exist only in His presence, and that the believer experiences this presence in his life, but this is but a shadow of what is to come, loosing this for eternity is much worst than been burning for an eternity and we will all find this out when we die.

emiliano

Its a bit of a problem when someone imagines heaven to be what others considers to be hell. One person's 'mind' heaven could result in a living nightmare for someone else.

One guys idea of heaven is cutting up his victims and boiling them. The one loosing the limbs must be thinking they are in hell. I wonder if at that point they will remember what zen said and think to themselves. This is actuallly GREAT!

heneni

It is the absence of God that makes it horrible, for those that have experience His presence in their lives there could nothing worst that been separated from Him, Christian believe that God is good, that He is love, been separate from that love is the worst the could happen to us. To live eternally in the absence of love is not something to aspire to. Now Satan unlike God love himself more than he love God and his creation so in his kingdom there is total absence of the love of God, of which we experience but a minute part in this life.

emiliano

Hey, I'm separated from God, and I'm not miserable or gloomy.

I think we need to hear a bit more from J-Train before we play psychiatrist and diagnose him with depression.

It is that he said “If a super being really did create us then we were left and forgotten and thought of as a failure because there is too much ****** up **** in this world”
That to me is a gloomy outlook and signs of unhappiness (although it could be that the words that where covered were expression of praise to God), now to your statement, have you ever experience the presence of God in your life?

emiliano

My belief system says that no one can ever be seperated from God, because everything that is, is God. I am not miserable being seperated from the Judaic, Christian or Islamic God though because I don't believe that is what God is. Just my personal belief of course. I don't mean to undermine anyone else's, just wanted to let mine be known too.

Then you are not separate from Him, thus happy, do you praise God for this? are you happy when you praise God? Would you like to be separated?

Last edited:

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
Lucifer rebels against a God who would have most of mankind locked in an void for all eternity, simply because they would not sing hallelujahs and slavishly worship Him. The God of the Bible is a dictator far worse than the likes of Adolf Hitler and Joseph Stalin. He is the ultimate totalitarian, trying to control what we eat (e.g. shrimp) and who we love (e.g homosexuals). Even though His followers claim that these rules are there to protect us, there is suspiciously little outcry against other dangerous activities, such as boxing and driving in a car.

emiliano said:
That to me is a gloomy outlook and signs of unhappiness (although it could be that the words that where covered were expression of praise to God), now to your statement, have you ever experience the presence of God in your life?

Yet, most of humanity suffering for all eternity is not gloomy? Fundamentalist Christians claim to be so moral, but they are one of the largest groups with such a blatant disregard for their fellow man. :rolleyes:

Riverwolf

Premium Member
It is that he said “If a super being really did create us then we were left and forgotten and thought of as a failure because there is too much ****** up **** in this world”

How should I know? I don't know what experiencing God feels like. But I doubt it as I was never an adherent to any of the Abrahamic faiths. :shrug:

Besides, I know a man who believes this world is screwed up, and still loves life and is far from depressed and gloomy.

challupa

Then you are not separate from Him, thus happy, do you praise God for this? are you happy when you praise God? Would you like to be separated?
Yes, I am very happy. I am thankful I am happy, yes. I never really thought about becoming seperated because for me God is everything. How can you seperate from that?

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Yes, I am very happy. I am thankful I am happy, yes. I never really thought about becoming seperated because for me God is everything. How can you seperate from that?

It's like trying to separate one of your genes from yourself. While in this example, it can be done, but why would you want to?