• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are there Aliens?

Are UFOs real?

• UFOs do not exist.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • UFOs were created only as government projects.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • UFOs were/are created as joint alien-government projects.

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • More evidence is needed before I can decide whether or not UFOs exist.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yuvgotmel

drew22 said:
Here is something you may be interested in. It is part of a religious book called THOTH, that is written by Maitreya, a man who lives in New Mexico, USA :

<7>The true spiritual knowledge was entrusted to this Brahmin class, and they guided the new man in their spiritual needs.
And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.
(Genesis 11:1)​
...for in his days was the earth divided;...
(Genesis 10:25)​
So the Lord scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth:...
(Genesis 11:8)​
<8>However, still the humans had telepathic abilities and they could understand each other through these abilities ("...the whole earth was of one language,..."). So they again started to use this great communicative ability and their intellect for their selfish use and mundane desires. <9>This misuse of the powers is always based on egotism and will lead to self-destruction, "...let us build us a city and tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth." (Gen. 11:4).
<10>So they wanted to make a city with great towers to make themselves a name (become famous) and also to stay together, "lest we be scattered abroad...." <11>But God not only wants them to be scattered abroad upon the earth, but also to other planets.
<12>Therefore God took away their telepathic abilities and made them become confused by their different languages, "...every one after his tongue,..." (Genesis 10:5, 20, 31). <13>Also by dividing the earth and destroying the land they were in, "...in his days was the earth divided..." (Gen. 10:25), He forced them to leave their land and they were scattered all over the world.
<14>The spiritual masters who foresaw this destruction left their land before it occurred and took their knowledge with them. <15>One of these groups (Aryans) went to the Himalayas and India, and the Vedas are what is left from their knowledge.
<16>So the first seal (
ichng-s.gif
) in The Greatest Sign is related to the awakening of the spiritual forces. However, it is the first step in spiritual progress.
Next

That is interesting information. Of course, it appears to mimic the Biblical account. I do believe this is a true account though--or at least a prophetic one (if seen as evolution and linear time). I have been discovering a lot about what I call the "Universal Language" for a couple of years.

Thank you for this information.:)

yuvgotmel

BREAKING NEWS
FORMER ARIZONA GOVERNOR ADMITS SEEING UFO
Fife Symington decides to set record straight ten years after famed "Phoenix Lights" incident

CFi Press Release, March 18, 2007

Read full exclusive story by Leslie Kean (PDF File )

http://www.outofthebluethemovie.com/5YearAnniversary/5YAR.html

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]For the first time, former Arizona Governor Fife Symington is interviewed about the events surrounding the Phoenix Lights event of 1997. He reveals what he knew about a massive unidentified craft that was witnessed by hundreds, if not thousands of people, in the sky above Phoenix, AZ. He also responds to criticism of how he debunked the event and sets the record straight on how he would handle it now.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
FifeSimington.jpg

[/FONT]

CelticRavenwolf

She Who is Lost
Heh, going on the premise that UFO simply means "Unidentified Flying Object", then sure, they're bound to exist!

Now if it means "Unicorn Flying Over", then maybe I'd need to see a little more evidence...

yuvgotmel

Coast to Coast AM Live with George Noory, tonight, March 30th, 2007, features:

First Hour: Former Arizona Governor Fife Symington discusses the Phoenix Lights.

Coast to Coast AM is a syndicated radio show in all 50 states. Or you can tune in here:
http://www.coasttocoastam.com/

NCBarbara

Religious Explorer
I was living in Phoenix at the time in 1997 and saw those lights also. It was amazing.

I heard about Mystic's sighting in Illinois in 1993. I lived (born/raised) in Des Plaines, IL (O'Hare airport area) until 1994 (went to ASU in Phx). I honestly can't remember the year, but it must have been around 1990 or so ... I saw an UFO at home ... I drew it out after I saw it and went inside ... it was the now-famous triangular shape seen all over.

I've always been interested in Astronomy since I was a toddler. Have no clue where it came from. I went to ASU to study physics and geology/mineralogy to be a Planetary Geologist. Ended up I couldn't afford to finish my degree. *sniffles* But I've always been drawn to UP THERE.

I firmly believe there are "aliens" out there. I have no clue what kind they are (good, evil, cute, monsters, voyeurs, attackers). But they are there. I don't pretend to know what they want or what they'll do.

yuvgotmel

I was living in Phoenix at the time in 1997 and saw those lights also. It was amazing.

I heard about Mystic's sighting in Illinois in 1993. I lived (born/raised) in Des Plaines, IL (O'Hare airport area) until 1994 (went to ASU in Phx). I honestly can't remember the year, but it must have been around 1990 or so ... I saw an UFO at home ... I drew it out after I saw it and went inside ... it was the now-famous triangular shape seen all over.

I've always been interested in Astronomy since I was a toddler. Have no clue where it came from. I went to ASU to study physics and geology/mineralogy to be a Planetary Geologist. Ended up I couldn't afford to finish my degree. *sniffles* But I've always been drawn to UP THERE.

I firmly believe there are "aliens" out there. I have no clue what kind they are (good, evil, cute, monsters, voyeurs, attackers). But they are there. I don't pretend to know what they want or what they'll do.

Awesome. I'd love to hear a recount of your experience with the Phoenix lights.

Also, do you still have a drawing of that UFO?

A Lurking Shadow

I'm a slave to your will
The poll really is nonsensical. UFO stands for "unidentified flying object". Anybody who claims a UFO does-not exist is either very, very stupid or has related a UFO to an alien space craft.

I consider it very likely that life exists on other planets in some form, and I would assert alien contact with Earth is a pipedream.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
There are trillions upon trillions of stars. Why would our sun be the only one with a planet that has met the required conditions for life. If there is life out there, they've no more religious significance to us than we have to them.

I do think a lot of UFO sightings are probably classified government test flights. I'm sure the stealth bomber was mistaken as an alien craft before its existance was disclosed to the public.

rasor

Of course they exist.In fact there's a whole cult based on that belief

Xenu and Body Thetans

Xenu, as depicted by a cartoon in BBC's Panorama

Main articles: Xenu, Galactic Confederacy, and Body Thetan
Among these advanced teachings, one episode revealed to those who reach OT level III is the story of Xenu and his Galactic Confederacy.
Xenu (sometimes Xemu) is introduced as an alien ruler of the "Galactic Confederacy" who, 75 million years ago, brought billions of people to Earth in spacecraft resembling Douglas DC-8 airliners, stacked them around volcanoes and blew them up with hydrogen bombs. Their souls then clustered together and stuck to the bodies of the living. Scientologists believe the alien souls continue to do this today, causing a variety of physical ill-effects in modern-day humans. Hubbard called these clustered spirits "Body Thetans", and the advanced levels place considerable emphasis on isolating them and neutralizing their ill effects.[35]

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Advanced ETs may see mortals as this satirical short story shows....

THEY'RE MADE OUT OF MEAT

by Terry Bisson

"They're made out of meat."

"Meat?"

"Meat. They're made out of meat."

"Meat?"

"There's no doubt about it. We picked up several from different parts of the planet, took them aboard our recon vessels, and probed them all the way through. They're completely meat."

"That's impossible. What about the radio signals? The messages to the stars?"

"They use the radio waves to talk, but the signals don't come from them. The signals come from machines."

"So who made the machines? That's who we want to contact."

"They made the machines. That's what I'm trying to tell you. Meat made the machines."

"That's ridiculous. How can meat make a machine? You're asking me to believe in sentient meat."

"I'm not asking you, I'm telling you. These creatures are the only sentient race in that sector and they're made out of meat."

"Maybe they're like the orfolei. You know, a carbon-based intelligence that goes through a meat stage."

"Nope. They're born meat and they die meat. We studied them for several of their life spans, which didn't take long. Do you have any idea what's the life span of meat?"

"Spare me. Okay, maybe they're only part meat. You know, like the weddilei. A meat head with an electron plasma brain inside."

"Nope. We thought of that, since they do have meat heads, like the weddilei. But I told you, we probed them. They're meat all the way through."

"No brain?"

"Oh, there's a brain all right. It's just that the brain is made out of meat! That's what I've been trying to tell you."

"So ... what does the thinking?"

"You're not understanding, are you? You're refusing to deal with what I'm telling you. The brain does the thinking. The meat."

"Thinking meat! You're asking me to believe in thinking meat!"

"Yes, thinking meat! Conscious meat! Loving meat. Dreaming meat. The meat is the whole deal! Are you beginning to get the picture or do I have to start all over?"

"Omigod. You're serious then. They're made out of meat."

"Thank you. Finally. Yes. They are indeed made out of meat. And they've been trying to get in touch with us for almost a hundred of their years."

"Omigod. So what does this meat have in mind?"

"First it wants to talk to us. Then I imagine it wants to explore the Universe, contact other sentiences, swap ideas and information. The usual."

"We're supposed to talk to meat."

"That's the idea. That's the message they're sending out by radio. 'Hello. Anyone out there. Anybody home.' That sort of thing."

"They actually do talk, then. They use words, ideas, concepts?"
"Oh, yes. Except they do it with meat."

"I thought you just told me they used radio."

"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat, it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat."

"Omigod. Singing meat. This is altogether too much. So what do you advise?"

"Officially or unofficially?"

"Both."

"Officially, we are required to contact, welcome and log in any and all sentient races or multibeings in this quadrant of the Universe, without prejudice, fear or favor. Unofficially, I advise that we erase the records and forget the whole thing."

"I was hoping you would say that."

"It seems harsh, but there is a limit. Do we really want to make contact with meat?"

"I agree one hundred percent. What's there to say? 'Hello, meat. How's it going?' But will this work? How many planets are we dealing with here?"

"Just one. They can travel to other planets in special meat containers, but they can't live on them. And being meat, they can only travel through C space. Which limits them to the speed of light and makes the possibility of their ever making contact pretty slim. Infinitesimal, in fact."

"So we just pretend there's no one home in the Universe."

"That's it."

"Cruel. But you said it yourself, who wants to meet meat? And the ones who have been aboard our vessels, the ones you probed? You're sure they won't remember?"

"They'll be considered crackpots if they do. We went into their heads and smoothed out their meat so that we're just a dream to them."

"A dream to meat! How strangely appropriate, that we should be meat's dream."

"And we marked the entire sector unoccupied."

"Good. Agreed, officially and unofficially. Case closed. Any others? Anyone interesting on that side of the galaxy?"

"Yes, a rather shy but sweet hydrogen core cluster intelligence in a class nine star in G445 zone. Was in contact two galactic rotations ago, wants to be friendly again."

"They always come around."

"And why not? Imagine how unbearably, how unutterably cold the Universe would be if one were all alone ..."

the end

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat, it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat."
Now THAT is funny. But I guess it's only funny because it's true...

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Well,..this is an interesting development! Note that he points out the possibility that ET could be 'innocent from original sin',...wouldn't this make such beings sort of Angelic?

God could have created aliens too: Vatican

May 14, 2008 - 8:30AM
Source: ABC

The search for extraterrestrial life does not contradict belief in God, the pope's chief astronomer said on Tuesday, adding that some aliens might even be innocent of the original sin.

"As an astronomer I continue to believe that God is the creator of the universe," Jose Gabriel Funes said in an interview with the Vatican mouthpiece, the Osservatore Romano.

Even if "we don't currently have any proof ... the hypothesis" of extraterrestrial life cannot be ruled out, said Mr Funes, a Jesuit priest who directs the Vatican's observatory at Castel Gandolfo, near Rome.

"Just as there are a plethora of creatures on Earth, there could be others, equally intelligent, created by God," he said.

Original sin, which by Christian tradition occurred in the Garden of Eden when Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit of a particular tree, refers to the fallen state from which humans can be saved only by God's grace.

Asked about the difficult theological question, Mr Funes said: "If other intelligent beings exist, it's not certain that they need redemption."
They could "have remained in full friendship with their creator" without committing the original sin, he said.

If not, extraterrestrials would benefit equally from the "incarnation," in which Jesus Christ, the Son of God, assumed earthlings' flesh, body and soul in order to redeem them, which Mr Funes called "a unique event that cannot be repeated".

God could have created aliens too: Vatican - Top Stories - BigPond News

SimonCross

:run:That is one good question
Ask 20 people that question and yep! 20 diferent answers. I'm Roman Catholic of the old school and have studied the Catholic doctering years ago.The Catholics do know of this issue and it seems to becoming a Religion in itself, in a way. Looking at the issue I do see something that has been recorded since ancinet times and throughout history. Holy books Relgion and Cultures of the world that in some ancient past super intelligent individuals that are sometimes refered to as "Gods/Unknowns", have in my humble view descended upon high through openings of sky, earth,and sea and interacting with the planets creatures of the time.

Where they actually come from is a very open book, and if the UFO idea is real are they still here? In studing Angelic/Spiritual/Demonic, I see a similar pattern in comparing the creatures of myth and legend and the whole UFO idea.

With Blessings

Simon Cross

Tau

A really annoying question.

Of course aliens exist, no point arguing about it, and yes of course they are visiting this world, they have been for thousands of years, even Cro Magnon man drew pictures of flying saucers on cave walls in France. (one ancient image even shows a trajectory path of a saucer shaped object!)

Are all the testimonies of countless thousands of ordinary respectable people on UFO' encounters invalid simply because they are fantastical?
If it was about any other subject these people and among them are air force pilots, astronomers, cosmonaughts, police officers, naval commanders, radar operators etc...would be believed instantly.

People who say 'Nay it cannot be' are self delusional and have spat in the face of every poor soul who has tried to tell his/her story in good faith, they are not all lying or having some psychotic episode or have mistaken a weather balloon for an UFO, that would be mathematically unlikely.

You treat each other so shabbily, you don't believe anything anyone says, you say 'We want scientific proof' you get shown some photographs and listen to testimonies and all you do is try to debunk, no matter how implausable your explanations are...you confidently exclaim them as scientific truth, how arrogant, how stupid, how extremely irritating.

Sorry about all that, but even scientists cannot openly research the subject without suffering a loss of respect and reputation, you are all so hostile to the idea, because you are scared, good, you should be.

Last edited:

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
People who say 'Nay it cannot be' are self delusional and have spat in the face of every poor soul who has tried to tell his/her story in good faith, they are not all lying or having some psychotic episode or have mistaken a weather balloon for an UFO, that would be mathematically unlikely.
Really, if you don't understand math, don't use it..

Tau

Really, if you don't understand math, don't use it..

Oh I do, really...

It is statistically unlikely that everyone is mistaken lying or insane, who reports UFO sightings.

You Bouncing Ball havent got a clue, dont waste my time.

*Tau controls the rage*

Last edited: