• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you a god?

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
aresquiz.jpg

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
Im a stud with anger managment problems. I don't know about the anger managemnt, but they definatley got the stud part right ;)

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
The title of this thread reminds of the last part of Ghost Busters. "Are you a god?" "No" "Theeenn......DIIIEEE!!!!" Muwahahaha

ch'ang

artist in training
I don't think that quantum physics can make such drastic conclusion

Quantum Mechanics does not specifically state the I am a god, it merely says that molecules have no substance unless they are observed in some way, before that they are just a haze of probability.

First of all, if the only thing that you can prove is that you alone have consciousness, then you can't be so sure that you yourself have consciousnes

How about a little Classical philosophy ala Rene Descartes
But I have convinced myself that there is absolutely nothing in the world, no sky, no earth, no minds, no bodies. Does it now follow that I too do not exist? No: if I convinced myself of something [or thought anything at all] then I certainly existed. But there is a deceiver of supreme power and cunning who is deliberately and constantly deceiving me. In that case I too undoubtedly exist, if he is deceiving me; and let him deceive me as much as he can, he will never bring it about that I am nothing so long as I think that I am something. So, after considering everything very thoroughly, I must finally conclude that the proposition, I am, I exist, is necessarily true whenever it is put forward by me or conceived in my mind.
So since I cannot experience your consciousness nor anyone else’s I can not be sure that they are real just as I can't be sure that this keyboard I am typing on is real.

but you don't have any proof that you exist to convince everyone else

The simple act of thinking is proof that my mind exists, though I can't be sure of my body :)

Put that in your smipe and poke it...

Come now, name calling, I have read a lot of your posts and you seem to be above that in almost all cases, I have not come to these conclusions because I think that I am so awesome and better then everything else, in fact in my world being a god just changes my title not my worth. Secondly when I say I am a god I mean that I have some attributes that are normally ascribed to gods, not that I am divine or better then you. I am only really posting this to see if I am correct in the matter or if I missed something somewhere.

finalfrogo

finalfrogo said:
Each soul is a shard of God.

Perhaps I should elaborate. We each possess a soul, which is a piece of God. To a degree, then, we are gods, but only each soul working in harmony and unison will achieve the total powers of God.

God is the Creator-- The Artist. The spark of divinity He implemented into us manifests in our ability to create.

A

angellous_evangellous

ch'ang said:
Quantum Mechanics does not specifically state the I am a god, it merely says that molecules have no substance unless they are observed in some way, before that they are just a haze of probability.
Quantum physics can't introduce the possibility that you are a god.

How about a little Classical philosophy ala Rene Descartes
He didn't say that you are a god, either.
So since I cannot experience your consciousness nor anyone else’s I can not be sure that they are real just as I can't be sure that this keyboard I am typing on is real.
Precisely.
The simple act of thinking is proof that my mind exists, though I can't be sure of my body :)
If you don't know that your keyboard is real, there's no way that you can accept that thinking is proof that your mind exists. You reject the sensory of your eyes and touch, interpreted by your brain, but you accept thinking (another sense interpreted by your brain) as proof that your brain exist. You're hopelessly contradicting yourself.

That's a pretty weak claim to be god. You don't even know that you exist.
Come now, name calling,
I didn't call you any names.
in my world being a god just changes my title not my worth.
Right. You're creating your reality, so you can be whatever makes you warm and fuzzy.
Secondly when I say I am a god I mean that I have some attributes that are normally ascribed to gods, not that I am divine or better then you.
Actually, in your perverted philosophy, I am whatever I think that I am.
I am only really posting this to see if I am correct in the matter or if I missed something somewhere.
Too much value in misinterpreting quantum physics, too little common sense.

A

angellous_evangellous

Attention all gods! Let's have a Volkerdammerung!!!!!

muwhahahahahahahahaaaaa

finalfrogo

Orichalcum said:
We are all Gods, we just don't believe it.

I used to believe this. That we have more potential than our own minds can fathom. Unfortunately, either I wasn't able to fully utilize my potential, or that potential never existed. I conclude with the latter. We are at the whims of the universe! :eek:

A

angellous_evangellous

angellous_evangellous said:
Attention all gods! Let's have a Volkerdammerung!!!!!

muwhahahahahahahahaaaaa

er... Gotterdammerung :biglaugh:

:149:

A

angellous_evangellous

er... Gotterdammerung :biglaugh:

:149:

btw, if you don't know the difference between a Gotterdammerung and a Volkerdammerung, you haven't yet self-actualized the subjective reality of the connection that you have to your divinity.

A

angellous_evangellous

dawny0826 said:
:biglaugh: That's nuts...:biglaugh:

Now I've just been whistling it or humming it but everyone knows what I mean! :hug:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
hadesquiz.jpg

and
aresquiz.jpg

On the OP, I believe we all eventually become gods, and keep reincarnating until we have become fully enlightened. One of my theories is that patron Gods were enlightened humans in thier final life on this earth.

A

angellous_evangellous

One of my theories is that patron Gods were enlightened humans in thier final life on this earth.

talk about a high anthropology...

Krie

i believe that in our own ways we are gods. that we all have the potential to be gods. We all hold traits that are similar to a god but we also have impurities that will restrain us from being gods. So therefore if we were "made" by a god, it is natural that we will have the traits of one but, the god, purposely made us inferior to him/her so that they will have followers not tyrants.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
I am not a god. I am God, as is everyone else.

1) You are 'realizing' your divinity through any religious means
yes.

2) You will become a god eventuallybecause you were a god
no, I am God right now; I just don't always realize it.

3) You can create reality by thinking
"Mind precedes all things." :)

4) You are naturally immortal
God is immortal. The thing that is generally refered to as myself, this illusion of seperateness, will pass away like a wave in the ocean. In fact, it is passing with every given moment.

A

angellous_evangellous

lilithu said:
I am not a god. I am God, as is everyone else.

I wonder how we could apply this to ethics.

One of the reasons that we pursue justice is the common understanding that we will all die, and we have an obligation to one another to have equitable access to resources that are conducive to life.

Although some of us may think that we are gods, we are forced to live the one life that we have as if we were mortal. Otherwise, our ethics will be utterly inhumane and destructive.