• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you a god?

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date
A

angellous_evangellous

ch'ang said:
I am famliar with ad absurdum, and no it is not perfectly vaild, and because I am feeling that lazy I found a site to explain why instead of me haveing to type it. http://jordan.fortwayne.com/ns/editorial/apig/apig4.php see point 15 and 8.

And may I ask what you meant by this?

Quoting from the reference that you provided above...
15. Argumentum Ad Absurdum (arguing the absurd extreme)
Trying to prove or disprove an argument by projecting the consequences as far as you possibly can -- this is "slippery slope" gone wildly out of control. As in: "I really should buy a lottery ticket. I might win that $15,000 prize. Then I can buy that hot car I've been looking at. Then old Greely will see me driving and realize I'm a winner and give me that promotion he's been stalling on. Then Linda will finally notice me, and we'll get married and work hard and live happily ever after and ... Oops. I just remembered that the odds on the lottery are a zillion to one."

===

I am not carrying your stupid philosophy to the absurd extreme. You claim that the train does not exist, which is absurd in and of itself. If you can give substance to the universe by your observation, standing in front of a train is a perfectly reasonable experiment to prove the stupidity of your claims.

A

angellous_evangellous

I was talking with grand-pa about Descartes and he said

"I think, and therefore, gone wrong."

A

angellous_evangellous

*sings* (to the tune of It's my party)

I'm a god and I can do what I want to
do what I want to... do what I want to
You can do what you want
'Cause you're a god too

mr.guy

crapsack
joeboonda said:
...I do not believe I am a god, for there is only one God and I'm not Him.
I don't know about you, but i'm always the last one to find out that i'm god...

A

angellous_evangellous

mr.guy said:
I don't know about you, but i'm always the last one to find out that i'm god...

It's nice to know who's god and who's not when choosing teams in the school yard.

He's on my team. He's realizing his divinity more than anyone else. Nevermind how fast we know that he can run, how well he can catch, or how well he knows the game.

A

angellous_evangellous

mr.guy said:
Should probably let him...or he may take his ball and go home!

If he does, I will observe his reality as a peanut.

*Angellous hurls a dodgeball at the young god and yells*

"Subjectively intepret this!" :149:

mr.guy

crapsack
*Angellous hurls a dodgeball at the young god and yells*
Even i would hesitate to chastise god. Then again, i probably wouldn't suggest to him we were living on the surface of fruit, either.

A

angellous_evangellous

mr.guy said:
Even i would hesitate to chastise god. Then again, i probably wouldn't suggest to him we were living on the surface of fruit, either.

But in his view, I'm a god too!!

And I'm jealous!

Gotterdammerung! :149: (Volkerdammerung)

(now that's a school-yard game gone bad)

A

angellous_evangellous

mr.guy said:
Always room for one more jealous god. Or do i have that backwards?

If you've realized your divinity, it doesn't matter.

mr.guy

crapsack
angellous_evangellous said:
If you've realized your divinity, it doesn't matter.
If, if, if! These sort of propositions are what prompt me blow all my money on lottery tickets. I sometimes win more tickets.

A

angellous_evangellous

mr.guy said:
If, if, if! These sort of propositions are what prompt me blow all my money on lottery tickets. I sometimes win more tickets.

I've created my own f**king lottery, and I win every day.:jam:

I just rearrange the peanuts that I get from my job.:(

A

angellous_evangellous

mr.guy said:
Perhaps i just don't play with myself enough. Easy enough to remedy.

Be careful doing that. You can cause some real problems for all of us... if you're giving substance to reality by doing that.

mr.guy

crapsack
angellous_evangellous said:
Be careful doing that. You can cause some real problems for all of us... if you're giving substance to reality by doing that.
Just trying to get closer to god...by which i guess i mean me. Honestly, Angellous, how do you think i made the milky way?

Fun fact about me: we'd have no comets if i were in the habit of carrying a handkerchief.

A

angellous_evangellous

mr.guy said:
Just trying to get closer to god...by which i guess i mean me. Honestly, Angellous, how do you think i made the milky way?

Fun fact about me: we'd have no comets if i were in the habit of carrying a handkerchief.

Well that explains a lot. Thanks.

A

angellous_evangellous

mr.guy said:

Now this is a quality post. Perhaps the most insightful post that I've read in a long time.:hug:

:149: And I can't frubal you! :149: