• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you sad that I am going to hell, or have you pretty much come to terms with it?

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
I never said I perfected it. Being severely antisocial creates numerous problems with me and people so I am incapable of giving everybody the same love when I avoid them.

But even so, to love somebody and treat them like a dog correlates to the same issue. Actions speak exceedingly louder than the utterances that seep from your lips or the emotions you hold in your hearts.

I'll put my cards on the table and say I believe NOBODY loves their enemies like themselves unless they've got the power of God working through them. I believe it is impossible to do otherwise. People love their friends and family and treat strangers with some level of civility and they think that makes them some beckon of righteous. Anybody can do that. It's easy. On the other hand, loving and forgiving the slimiest people you ever met takes alot of prayer and grace in my experience.

Last edited:

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
On the other hand, loving and forgiving the slimiest people you ever met takes alot of prayer and grace in my experience.

The thing is PM, it is worth the effort to forgive and leave these things to our Lord.

The burden can be lifted from us and give us a better outlook on life.

Life is too short.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
People might be surprised of this but *I don't know*. There's no way for me to know who Allah will save! There's no way that I know for certain that *I* am not going to hell.

It's out of my hands.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think it is too odd that some religions teach that "bad" people will go to "hell" but the adherents of those religions don't believe it. And there are some religions that teach "bad" people won't go to "hell" but their adherents believe they will go there.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Does it bother anyone? If you know someone you think is going to hell, does it eat away at you, or do you learn to just learn not everyone is going to realize the 'truth' or whatnot? Are you supposed to feel bad for those people, or happy they are getting justice or something?

I beleive my attitude has changed somewhat. Iused to break out in a sweat if a person wasn't saved. Now I just figure the person will learn somewhere along the line and if they don't then they deserve to end up where their ignorance takes them.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I'm glad that I don't have to believe in hell. What a terrible concept!

I like the concept. Of course that may be because I don't ever expect to go there. To be truthful I believe worse things can happen to a person while in the body.

Muffled

Jesus in me
People might be surprised of this but *I don't know*. There's no way for me to know who Allah will save! There's no way that I know for certain that *I* am not going to hell.

It's out of my hands.

I beleive there is a way to know.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Does it bother anyone? If you know someone you think is going to hell, does it eat away at you, or do you learn to just learn not everyone is going to realize the 'truth' or whatnot? Are you supposed to feel bad for those people, or happy they are getting justice or something?

If you're going that way anyway you would mind saying "hello" to a couple of my friends?

challupa

That very concept that people could go to hell what why I left the Christian church. I was pretty young when I started questioning that concept. I was part of a very exclusive small group that believed they were the only way to salvation. It made me realize that if God was really that way, I wanted nothing to do with him. So I left. I no longer believe in hell or most anything in the Bible for that matter.

dust1n

Zindīq
I think people who reject God should have to live with that decision. If the Christian God is real obviously plenty of people don't like the moral standard he calls them to. If that moral standard is indeed rational should they get off scot free? Certainly not. I have no problem with the enemies of righteousness, whoever they may be, reaping what they sowed.

I mean, it kinda makes sense to me. Why should any Christian be necessarily bothered by a non-Christian?

I'm just not sure what's suppose to be the emphasis in Christianity, the lovingness of people, which I guess means feeling bad, or the justice of the system, which I guess means not caring as much emotionally.

dust1n

Zindīq
Dust1n, there is a whole bunch of folks who believe they are going to heaven that just will not make it. There will be a bunch of folks who do make it that will be a surprise to everyone as well, thats how I see it.

As far as you personally, I have never gave up on you Son. Hey, you asked! :p

Well, I try to be a good person, so if belief isn't a necessity, who knows? We might be heaven fishin' one day. :D

dust1n

Zindīq

It's out of my hands.

That's true. But there are plenty of people who openly deny Allah's existence, let alone follow Islam. Is there really any question as to whether or not they are going to Jahannam, is there?

dust1n

Zindīq
I beleive my attitude has changed somewhat. Iused to break out in a sweat if a person wasn't saved. Now I just figure the person will learn somewhere along the line and if they don't then they deserve to end up where their ignorance takes them.

Understandable. You can't ruin your own life over others.

dust1n

Zindīq
That very concept that people could go to hell what why I left the Christian church. I was pretty young when I started questioning that concept. I was part of a very exclusive small group that believed they were the only way to salvation. It made me realize that if God was really that way, I wanted nothing to do with him. So I left. I no longer believe in hell or most anything in the Bible for that matter.

My experiences aren't too wildly different.

Orias

Left Hand Path
I'd chose here, and now. At all times, nothingness holds little merit besides how little we know about nothing.