• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you superstitious?

Are you superstitious?

• Total voters

Gambit

No because the results are always there, its not something that you must achieve, because you are already that, there is nothing to make you more than what you already are, you are already all there is.

Well, if you're already perfect, then there should be no need to practice. Right?

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Do you believe the "evil eye" is a baseless superstition?
Other.

I believe that the 'evil eye' has no 'magic' or 'magick' powers, as such, but staring at someone or giving them a glare can make people feel uncomfortable and stay in the back of their mind, and so end up screwing things up and so on and so forth.

Blastcat

It depends on how you define miracles and superstitions.

We agree. You say you aren't superstitious, and that depends on your definition of superstitious. I have NO idea what that may be, and I don't want to have to guess your position.

I personally define miracle as some kind of magic, and a superstition as excessively credulous belief in and reverence for supernatural beings. You avoid questions very well. How about you put the same amount of effort in actually responding to questions, instead of batting them away?

I'd prefer that, thanks.

Blastcat

That's it, I don't practice anything, what on earth would that achieve ?.

That's right, If you don't DO anything, you won't ACHIEVE anything. That's a perfect recipe for staying exactly where you are. I would prefer to advance. You can sit comfortably on your couch if you like. Relax and enjoy what you already have. Don't ever strive, is that it?

Is that your recommendation to us all?

Gambit

We agree. You say you aren't superstitious, and that depends on your definition of superstitious. I have NO idea what that may be, and I don't want to have to guess your position.

I never said that I was not superstitious. I voted and my vote is public for everyone to see.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
That's right, If you don't DO anything, you won't ACHIEVE anything. That's a perfect recipe for staying exactly where you are. I would prefer to advance. You can sit comfortably on your couch if you like. Relax and enjoy what you already have. Don't ever strive, is that it?

Is that your recommendation to us all?
What I was trying to say is that we are already perfect, everything is perfect just the way it is, so there is no need to wast your life trying to make it perfect, life is enough, just enjoy it for what it is. Yes setting back and doing nothing is also perfect, if it makes you happy then why not, if your someone who cannot set around doing nothing, then do something, both if doing what they want to do, are going to be happy.

Blastcat

What I was trying to say is that we are already perfect, everything is perfect just the way it is, so there is no need to wast your life trying to make it perfect, life is enough, just enjoy it for what it is. Yes setting back and doing nothing is also perfect, if it makes you happy then why not, if your someone who cannot set around doing nothing, then do something, both if doing what they want to do, are going to be happy.
I hate to break it to you, but you aren't perfect, my friend, and neither am I.

I am QUITE sure you have some faults. I can enjoy life even though I accept the fact of your imperfection. Setting back and doing nothing is perfectly lazy. But as long as you're happy, then it's real. Perfectly real, right?

Because what counts in your world, is that you're happy. Well, cows can be happy. I aspire to more than mere happiness. I have other qualities than merely being passive and happy. Maybe some people can't do any more than smile and be happy. Ok.. yes, I understand that.. BUT sitting on asses aren't the best things in life. We can and SHOULD do better.

All of us should contribute positively to the betterment of mankind. It would not be helpful for everyone to sit down and smile their life away. We NEED more people to DO positive things. You ENJOY the fruits of their labor. You should be advocating that people CONTRIBUTE what they can, and not just take whatever they can in the most passive way possible.

we aren't exactly GOATS