• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask the Staff Anything About RF

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Also related to @Eddi s post. Since the down this afternoon, whenever i post a message i receive an "oops..., we've encountered a problem..." message.
Do a refresh i see my post is posted.
I don't get a double post though.

I'll check it on another device in a moment...

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Also related to @Eddi s post. Since the down this afternoon, whenever i post a message i receive an "oops..., we've encountered a problem..." message.
Do a refresh i see my post is posted.
I don't get a double post though.

I'll check it on another device in a moment...
That is what seems to work for me too, although I have saved my comments in case this goes wrong. :eek:

rocala

So, I am not the only one. I have been experiencing increasing difficulties posting on RF over the last few weeks. Usually it is just a time factor before my post is accepted but sometimes it is a serious block.

I don't know if it is connected but another forum of which I am a member will not take my posts. Apparently, I am listed as sending spam?
I run my security software regularly and get the all-clear, so I really have no idea what is going on here.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
So, I am not the only one. I have been experiencing increasing difficulties posting on RF over the last few weeks. Usually it is just a time factor before my post is accepted but sometimes it is a serious block.

I don't know if it is connected but another forum of which I am a member will not take my posts. Apparently, I am listed as sending spam?
I run my security software regularly and get the all-clear, so I really have no idea what is going on here.
It's happening for everyone here.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Why all the duplicate posts? What's going on? For me the site was down for a while earlier today, is it related to that?
Because some posters aren't checking for duplicates
when the system misbehaves during the posting process.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Normal for XenForo.... we're used to random nonsense that doesn't need a reason.
Another forum I frequent also uses Xenforo.
It's having no such trouble.

One thing to watch for is that when posting
what you just composed, the box with the
composition remains, making it look like it
dint post. Check to verify it dint post before
trying again. And hit that refresh button.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
Another forum I frequent also uses Xenforo.
It's having no such trouble.

One thing to watch for is that when posting
what you just composed, the box with the
composition remains, making it look like it
dint post. Check to verify it dint post before
trying again. And hit that refresh button.
We've only had trouble with XenForo for years. I can guarantee you that other forum will have good on-hand techies.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but the search isn't working and neither is "Your Content."

I get the same error message as I get when I try to post in a thread.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I had a conversation about this with a mod this morning. Oddly enough PM's are not affected by this. But I swear that the smilies was moved. Instead of it being out in the open as it is here I had to click on the second More options to see it.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Good day everyone. We appreciate you sharing your concerns over the software issues in the last 24 hours.

It appears many of the issues that plagued the forum yesterday from error messages to duplicate posts to the "your content" not working have been resolved in the last few ours.

Thank you for your patience and for keeping RF awesome!

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I seem to be having a misunderstanding of something.

It is my understanding that when a thread title states the target participants that non target participants are to not post.

For example, the thread Theists: what would a godless world look like is for theists only.
And not being a theist, I stayed out of it.

However, the thread titled Atheists: what would a god world look like has theists in there attacking everyone.

So is my understanding incorrect and the non targeted participants are not only allowed to participate but attack?

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I seem to be having a misunderstanding of something.

It is my understanding that when a thread title states the target participants that non target participants are to not post.

For example, the thread Theists: what would a godless world look like is for theists only.
And not being a theist, I stayed out of it.

However, the thread titled Atheists: what would a god world look like has theists in there attacking everyone.

So is my understanding incorrect and the non targeted participants are not only allowed to participate but attack?
If you see someone participating in a thread they don't belong in, please report it to staff.

Alien826

No religious beliefs
If you see someone participating in a thread they don't belong in, please report it to staff.

The rules about DIR forums are clear, but I've always assumed that any other threads are open to all. The thread creator can request that someone doesn't participate, or that the subject matter be constrained in some way, but that is not a rule to be enforced by Mods.

Is that correct? (I personally prefer a "wide open" approach, but that's me).

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
The rules about DIR forums are clear, but I've always assumed that any other threads are open to all. The thread creator can request that someone doesn't participate, or that the subject matter be constrained in some way, but that is not a rule to be enforced by Mods.

Is that correct? (I personally prefer a "wide open" approach, but that's me).
If its in the Religious Q&A, it can be enforced.