• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask the Staff Anything About RF

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
In the politics forum why isn't there a "centrists only" sub-forum?

I am a Communitarian Centrist and that position is not covered by any of the existing forums

I'm sure that I am not the only Centrist on RF

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
In the politics forum why isn't there a "centrists only" sub-forum?

I am a Communitarian Centrist and that position is not covered by any of the existing forums

I'm sure that I am not the only Centrist on RF

The idea has come up before, but both times, there wasn't a lot of interest in a Centrist Only section:

If a poll shows that there's a lot of member interest in such a forum, the staff could add it, although the staff and users of that section would also need to work out which definition of "centrist" or which countries' political compasses the section would use in order to decide who can or can't participate there.

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
If there's enough interest
How would that be decided?

In the two polls you linked to people indicated a desire to have one, or so it seems to me
the staff and users of that section would also need to work out which definition of "centrist" or which countries' political compasses the forum would use in order to prevent participation from non-centrists per that definition.
I don't see how that would be a massive and demanding process, sounds pretty straightforward to me

I would be happy to contribute to a definition of Centrism

I think that as things currently are there is a Centrist shaped hole in the politics forum and if there was one then I for one would most certainly use it and judging from the polls you cited I think others would too!

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
How would that be decided?

In the two polls you linked to people indicated a desire to have one, or so it seems to me

The main consideration would be whether the number of members expressing interest in the creation of a given sub-forum were sufficient to ensure the forum wouldn't be inactive as soon as it was created. Staff would also discuss the suggestion, including the level of interest.

I don't see how that would be a massive and demanding process, sounds pretty straightforward to me

I would be happy to contribute to a definition of Centrism

I think that as things currently are there is a Centrist shaped hole in the politics forum and if there was one then I for one would most certainly use it and judging from the polls you cited I think others would too!

As a staffer, I see it as a significant part of my job to cater to members' interests as long as those are in line with the forum rules and mission, so I would personally support adding a Centrist Only section if enough members (per the considerations I clarified above) wanted one.

If you create a poll thread about it, the results will inform any ensuing staff discussion, since the two previous polls are now each a few years old, and there have been new members as well as members who have left since.

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
to ensure the forum wouldn't be inactive as soon as it was created
I would take it upon myself to try and keep it active
If you create a poll thread about it, the results would inform any ensuing staff discussion, since the two previous polls are now each a few years old.
A poll thread in which forum?

I will create one then!

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I would take it upon myself to try and keep it active

A poll thread in which forum?

I will create one then!

I think either General Discussion or Political Debates would be suitable. I would suggest the Political World if it weren't broken at the moment.

Revelum

The Revealer
Where would be the best place here to discuss things in relation to my path? I doubt you have too many force realists here, much less those who've chosen to take on the dark aspect?

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Where would be the best place here to discuss things in relation to my path? I doubt you have too many force realists here, much less those who've chosen to take on the dark aspect?
If you want to discuss things with the general community, you can post threads on topics related to your religious/spiritual path in forums such as Interfaith Discussion and Religious Debates. For more like-minded individuals, I would suggest the New Religious Movements DIR, although I believe you are currently the only active force realist on the site.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
If you want to discuss things with the general community, you can post threads on topics related to your religious/spiritual path in forums such as Interfaith Discussion and Religious Debates. For more like-minded individuals, I would suggest the New Religious Movements DIR, although I believe you are currently the only active force realist on the site.
Is it really a "New Religious Movement" though?

I mean, it all started a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

I Am Hugh

Researcher
Where in the world are my drafts? I'm looking all over the place and can't find them anywhere. Now where did I put those?

I Am Hugh

Researcher
What are you referring to?
Drafts. I was making a response to a post and had to stop, there was an option to save draft, which I selected and now I can't find an option anywhere to retrieve it. Normally there is that option. I don't know where the post I was responding to is, so I can't find it saved in the text field to respond to it. I don't see that option here as I'm responding to you. Maybe I was dreaming or it was on another forum.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Drafts. I was making a response to a post and had to stop, there was an option to save draft, which I selected and now I can't find an option anywhere to retrieve it. Normally there is that option. I don't know where the post I was responding to is, so I can't find it saved in the text field to respond to it. I don't see that option here as I'm responding to you. Maybe I was dreaming or it was on another forum.
Each draft is saved only in that particular thread, so I guess you'll have to retrace your steps.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Are there any forbidden topics?
Since staff has not answered, here are the rules:
  1. Personal comments about Members and Staff
  2. Discussion/Dispute of Moderation
  3. Trolling and Bullying
  4. Solicity/Advertising and Off-Topic Spam
  5. Obscene Language and Adult/Violent Content
  6. Illegal Activities
  7. Quotations and Citations/References (IMO this really means violating copyright)
  8. Preaching/Proselytizing
  9. Subverting/Undermining the Forum Mission
  10. Debating in Non-debate Forums or Posting in DIR/ONLY Forums