• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Assange has been released. He is now free: what do you think?

Julian Assange is a free man, now. Are you happy for him?

• Total voters

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Okay, I give you the chance of answering, now.

On the basis of what transpired from Wikileaks, do you think the United States committed war crimes and other violation of international treaties?
Thank you in advance for answering. ;)

PS: you need to substantiate your answer. Not a simple yes or no.
In general or do you have specific cases in mind?
If you are asking if the USA ever committed war crimes and other violation of international treaties, I would be being dishonest to say no.

If you are asking about specific cases, you will need to present the specific cases.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Your explanations are offensive.
Towards whom?
Towards you?

I have already said that godless people are theists. You are an atheist.
They're mere no-true-Scotsman
evasions of Christianity's evils & failures.
Accept responsibility & culpability for
what your vaunted Christians perpetrate
against themselves & others.

Now I explain you. Godless has two meanings, as you can read here:
godless.png

I meant the second meaning: profane, wicked, morally wrong.
I didn't mean it as atheist.

Also because I meant godless theists. Like those who murdered John Paul the first.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
In general or do you have specific cases in mind?
If you are asking if the USA ever committed war crimes and other violation of international treaties, I would be being dishonest to say no.

If you are asking about specific cases, you will need to present the specific cases.
Specific case: the USA did know that Gaddafi was creating a new currency meant to save Western Africa from poverty, and from the yoke of the Franc CFA seigniorage. Gold-standard currency.
So by eliminating Gaddafi, they would have saved the shady interests of a money-hungry banking system.

This is a war crime, in my view.
So...your answer?

Last edited:

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Specific case: the USA did know that Gaddafi was creating a new currency meaning to save Western Africa from poverty, and from the yoke of the Franc CFA seigniorage.
So by eliminating Gaddafi, they would have saved the shady interests of a money-hungry banking system.

So...your answer?
A rather interesting redaction of the facts you present here.

Perhaps you can present an article that supports your claim of "war rimes" since you seem to have a rather unique definition of the term.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
A rather interesting redaction of the facts you present here.

Perhaps you can present an article that supports your claim of "war rimes" since you seem to have a rather unique definition of the term.
You can call it whatever you like. Secret operation, etc...whatever.
I asked you to you confirm that this is what happened.
Do you, sir? ;)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Towards whom?
All who are godless.
I have already said that godless people are theists. You are an atheist.

Now I explain you. Godless has two meanings, as you can read here:
View attachment 93334

I meant the second meaning: profane, wicked, morally wrong.
I didn't mean it as atheist.

Also because I meant godless theists. Like those who murdered John Paul the first.
Face it.
You Christians have some real malefactors
in your midst. They're not "godless".
They're believers in Jesus Christ as their
lord & savior. And they perpetrate evil acts.
They are not "godless". They are godly.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Do you, sir? ;)
I can not confirm that that is what happened.

Since you ahve not confirmed, or even evidenced, that it happened they way you half arsed presented...

Now if you are interested in an honest discussion about, I am game.
I am even willing to wait for you to start.

But what you have presented thus far is nothing more than claptrap bollocks.
And I have no interest in such dishonesty.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
All who are godless.

Face it.
You Christians have some real malefactors
in your midst. They're not "godless".
They're believers in Jesus Christ as their
lord & savior. And they perpetrate evil acts.
They are not "godless". They are godly.
You didn't understand the concept.

Assange is an atheist but he's blessed by God. He is a coworker in Truth. Cooperator veritatis.

There was a Neo-Con who died of cancer some time ago. Christian to the bone. Totally godless person.

Got it, now? ;)

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I can not confirm that that is what happened.

Since you ahve not confirmed, or even evidenced, that it happened they way you half arsed presented...

Now if you are interested in an honest discussion about, I am game.
I am even willing to wait for you to start.

But what you have presented thus far is nothing more than claptrap bollocks.
And I have no interest in such dishonesty.

On the basis of this email from Wikileaks.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
In my country journalists are never locked up for such reasons.

Perhaps Assange would have been better off if he went to Italy instead. That might have been better than being hole up in an embassy or in a jail cell.

The Vatileaks case comes to mind. Secrets taken from the Vatican and given to two Italian journalists who wrote two books about the scandalous luxurious lives of many churchmen and the mismanagement of money meant to help the poor.

The Italian republic protected these two Italian journalists because even if those confidential documents were taken from the Vatican, the freedom of speech and the right to information prevail.

They are granted such privileges, unless it deals with state secrets that expose an elitist cabal fo warmongers.

I imagine the Vatican Leaks Scandal would not have impacted negatively upon the elitist cabal of warmongers. In fact, they probably would have been amused by the whole thing. If the corporate media are anything to go by, it would appear the elite just love any kind of sex scandal.

For all intents and purposes, the "elitist cabal of warmongers" (or whatever anyone wishes to call that particular group) was exposed more than half a century ago. People began to find out about the lies behind the Vietnam War, along with the activities of the CIA, FBI, NSA, and other nefarious activities of our government. We learned that most of what had been taught about our history was one-sided and whitewashed, so that perception also had to change, as did our perceptions of our government and political system.

So, I think that people knew, but they may have stopped caring after a certain point. Or perhaps they were simply resigned to living under an elitist cabal of warmongers and could find contentment, as long as they had their safe, insular lives of luxury, comfort, and 24/7 entertainment. As long as their lives are happy and they get theirs, then they likely don't care much about what the government does - no matter how much they might be "exposed" by Wikileaks or whomever. "Conspiracy theories" are nothing more than an abstraction, just a puzzle to chew over - a "mystery novel" which is still being written. Some people believe in them, while others seem obsessed with debunking and ridiculing them, but most everyone else is probably ambivalent and doesn't really care one way or the other. They only care about their own lives and what they have.

That's the reality. Few people seem to care, no matter how much "they" are exposed.

Even in this era of viral videos, lots of stuff gets exposed, but nothing ever really changes. People just jump to the next video. Short attention-span and all.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Perhaps Assange would have been better off if he went to Italy instead. That might have been better than being hole up in an embassy or in a jail cell.
I guess he had no idea of our legislation.
His wife who is also a lawyer figured out later, while giving many speeches at the Italian Parliament.
Btw...he got the honorary citizenship from Napoli, Imola and another city I can't remember.
For all intents and purposes, the "elitist cabal of warmongers" (or whatever anyone wishes to call that particular group) was exposed more than half a century ago. People began to find out about the lies behind the Vietnam War, along with the activities of the CIA, FBI, NSA, and other nefarious activities of our government. We learned that most of what had been taught about our history was one-sided and whitewashed, so that perception also had to change, as did our perceptions of our government and political system.
Exactly.
I was wondering...what a coincidence.
Assange liberated after Kissinger's death.
But I guess it's just a coincidence. :)
So, I think that people knew, but they may have stopped caring after a certain point. Or perhaps they were simply resigned to living under an elitist cabal of warmongers and could find contentment, as long as they had their safe, insular lives of luxury, comfort, and 24/7 entertainment. As long as their lives are happy and they get theirs, then they likely don't care much about what the government does - no matter how much they might be "exposed" by Wikileaks or whomever. "Conspiracy theories" are nothing more than an abstraction, just a puzzle to chew over - a "mystery novel" which is still being written. Some people believe in them, while others seem obsessed with debunking and ridiculing them, but most everyone else is probably ambivalent and doesn't really care one way or the other. They only care about their own lives and what they have.
That's totally understandable. However, the US soldiers who choose the military career cannot be used as cannon fodder to wage useless and pointless wars in the Middle East, from which only that elitist cabal will benefit, economically.
I don't understand why all these young men had to sacrifice themselves just to serve their economic interests.

US soldiers are not cannon fodder. They are human beings who should be used to defend their own fatherland from external attacks.
Period.

That's the reality. Few people seem to care, no matter how much "they" are exposed.

Even in this era of viral videos, lots of stuff gets exposed, but nothing ever really changes. People just jump to the next video. Short attention-span and all.
Many books have been written about Wikileaks and Assange in Italy.
They were really sold.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
On the basis of this email from Wikileaks.
So basically we can set it up as follows:

Specific case: the USA did know that Gaddafi was creating a new currency meant to save Western Africa from poverty, and from the yoke of the Franc CFA seigniorage. Gold-standard currency.

So...your answer?

Do you, sir?

your claim
Link 'supporting' your claim

Is this correct?
I want to make sure we are both on the same page.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Yours is a very strange complaint.
Why should I take responsibility for
wrongs committed by someone else, eh.
No....what I said, that if someone thinks Assange deserved all these years in prison, they should say it openly.
Instead of pretending. ;)