• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Assange has been released. He is now free: what do you think?

Julian Assange is a free man, now. Are you happy for him?

• Total voters

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I linked you an email from Wikileaks.
Have you read it? If you have, what conclusions do you draw?
Until you confirm that I have the right of it concerning your claims and evidence, I will not be engaging you any further on this specific topic.
Now, are you pleading the fifth whilst still demanding I answer?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
the US Government put him prison?
Where was this US prison located that he was in europe and had to fly to a US District to plead guilty before flying on home to Australia?
In May 2019, the USA asked the UK to arrest and to extradite Julian Assange into the US.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Until you confirm that I have the right of it concerning your claims and evidence, I will not be engaging you any further on this specific topic.
Now, are you pleading the fifth whilst still demanding I answer?
I am a foreigner, so you need to understand that I think in another language, and that I translate in my mind what I need to say.
I am not getting what you mean by "until you confirm that I have the right of it concerning your claims and evidence".

Can you rephrase?
I said that that is the evidence of my claims about Libya, of course.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
When was he transferred to a US prison?
He was in a British prison because of a US judicial order.

You know... it does happen that convicts are imprisoned in other countries which act on behalf of other countries.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
The US Government.
On 11 April 2019, Assange's asylum was withdrawn following a series of disputes with Ecuadorian authorities.[15] The police were invited into the embassy and he was arrested.[16] He was found guilty of breaching the United Kingdom Bail Act and sentenced to 50 weeks in prison.[17] The U.S. government unsealed an indictment charging Assange with conspiracy to commit computer intrusion related to the leaks provided by Manning.[18] In May 2019 and June 2020, the U.S. government unsealed new indictments against Assange, charging him with violating the Espionage Act of 1917 and alleging he had conspired with hackers.[19][20][21] Assange was incarcerated in HM Prison Belmarsh in London from April 2019 to June 2024, as the United States government's extradition effort was contested in the British courts.[22][23][24]
So it was, in fact, NOT the US that had him prison.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
On 11 April 2019, Assange's asylum was withdrawn following a series of disputes with Ecuadorian authorities.[15] The police were invited into the embassy and he was arrested.[16] He was found guilty of breaching the United Kingdom Bail Act and sentenced to 50 weeks in prison.[17] The U.S. government unsealed an indictment charging Assange with conspiracy to commit computer intrusion related to the leaks provided by Manning.[18] In May 2019 and June 2020, the U.S. government unsealed new indictments against Assange, charging him with violating the Espionage Act of 1917 and alleging he had conspired with hackers.[19][20][21] Assange was incarcerated in HM Prison Belmarsh in London from April 2019 to June 2024, as the United States government's extradition effort was contested in the British courts.[22][23][24]
So it was, in fact, NOT the US that had him prison.
Twas US pressure though.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I am a foreigner, so you need to understand that I think in another language, and that I translate in my mind what I need to say.
I am not getting what you mean by "until you confirm that I have the right of it concerning your claims and evidence".

Can you rephrase?
I said that that is the evidence of my claims about Libya, of course.
the email you linked to does not support your claim that the USA killed him to stop his creating a new currency.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
the email you linked to does not support your claim that the USA killed him to stop his creating a new currency.
Since you have read it, can you explain this passage to me? Thank you :)

Sarkozy's decision to commit France to the attack on Libya. According to these individuals Sarkozy's plans are driven by the following issues: a.A desire to gain a greater share of Libya oil production, b. Increase French influence in North Africa, c.Improve his internal political situation in France, d. Provide the French military with an opportunity to reassert its position in the world, e.Address the concern of his advisors over Qaddafi's long term plans to supplant France as the dominant power in,Francophone Africa. On the afternoon of April 1, an individual with access to the National Libyan Council (NLC) stated in private that senior officials of the NLC believe that the rebel military forces are beginning to show signs of improved discipline and fighting spirit under some of the new military commanders, including Colonel Khalifha Haftar, the former commander of the anti- Qaddafi forces in the Libyan National Army (LNA). According to these sources, units defecting from Qaddafi's force are also taking a greater role in the fighting on behalf of the rebels.

For the record: Gaddafi wanted to liberate Western Africa from the yoke of the CFA Franc Seigniorage Banking.
That is why he had to go.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Since you have read it, can you explain this passage to me? Thank you :)

For the record: Gaddafi wanted to liberate Western Africa from the yoke of the CFA Franc Seigniorage Banking.
That is why he had to go.
And the email linked merely shows that he had the funding to get it done.
It mentions nothing about plans or even suggesting implying killing him.

So once again, your claim is not the least bit supported by the "evidence" you preented.