• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheism: The Great Nothing!

mickiel

Easy mental exercise, isn't it?

I hold no problem drawing intrest from others. What I am saying is that Atheism, is the great nothing.

Its absolutely nothing, worth nothing, means nothing, and will amount to nothing.

But what is it about human nature that is attracted to nothing?

And I want to get on that.

Peace.

Peacewise

Just had an interesting analogy strike me.

Perhaps just as the atmosphere from a punctured spaceship escapes into the void due to the imbalance in pressure, so too the nothingness of atheism is sucked into the religiousity, or perhaps the religious blows into the void that is atheism.

The Neo Nerd

Perhaps just as the atmosphere from a punctured spaceship escapes into the void due to the imbalance in pressure, so too the nothingness of atheism is sucked into the religiousity, or perhaps the religious blows into the void that is atheism.

Hahahahahaha

Please don't encourage Mick.

PLEEEEAAAASSSSSEEEE

-Q

logician

This thread should be closed, a similar thread maligning Christainity would have been banned a long time ago.

crocusj

Perhaps just as the atmosphere from a punctured spaceship escapes into the void due to the imbalance in pressure, so too the nothingness of atheism is sucked into the religiousity

Slightly bizarre analogy there...but true in so many ways in that it draws a picture of a punctured pressurised spaceship (atheism) filling the void that is religiosity. Only goes to show that you should not judge a person's beliefs by their previous posts...

meogi

Nothing is wasted, and life is worth living. Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars. There is a day that is yours for embracing; everything's nothing, and nothing is ours.

The great nothing, indeed. :)

Danny Heim

Nothing is really two words;" No Thing." Meaning not anything, which is how Atheist would like you to feel about God, not anything, because thats how they feel, its just Nothing there, and they are spreading " The Nothing." That which is non-existant. They want you to believe that the world was created out of Nothing. Really its an illusion, to reduce something to Nothing, but humanity is embracing illusion, because of the hunger.

The Job of Atheism, and it is a Job, is to make God a being of no importance, a nobody or a nonentity. To reduce him to Nothing. To make God that which is without quantity or magnitude, to make him zero or naught. And then to teach that we all came from that nothing. And will return to it.

And I want to go into that.

Peace.

The universe is in no way, nothing. It is everything.

futurezambian

Atheism suggest that " Nothing will change things." That from their great Nothing, has come Life and Change. That additional things have come from, and will continue to come from, their " Absolute Zero." That zero is the orgin of measurement, that Nothing is the point from which all kinds of measurements have evolved, that " Nonentity produced entity."

Peace.
moz-screenshot.png

Atheism
The belief that there was nothing and that nothing happened to nothing which made nothing explode thus creating everything from nothing for no reason, but then a bunch of everything rearranged itself for no reason into self-replicating bits that transformed into dinosaurs, but then the dinosaurs used the power of nothing to transform into something else which then used the power of nothing to transform into humans that don't matter because there is nothing waiting for them because nothing exists outside of the everything that nothing blew up and created

mickiel

moz-screenshot.png

Atheism​

The belief that there was nothing and that nothing happened to nothing which made nothing explode thus creating everything from nothing for no reason, but then a bunch of everything rearranged itself for no reason into self-replicating bits that transformed into dinosaurs, but then the dinosaurs used the power of nothing to transform into something else which then used the power of nothing to transform into humans that don't matter because there is nothing waiting for them because nothing exists outside of the everything that nothing blew up and created​

Greetings Futurez,

I am no longer commenting on the Atheist threads I started, I simply closed them out.

Peace.

Atheism
The belief that there was nothing and that nothing happened to nothing which made nothing explode thus creating everything from nothing for no reason, but then a bunch of everything rearranged itself for no reason into self-replicating bits that transformed into dinosaurs, but then the dinosaurs used the power of nothing to transform into something else which then used the power of nothing to transform into humans that don't matter because there is nothing waiting for them because nothing exists outside of the everything that nothing blew up and created

actually, atheism is a lack of belief in gods. it has nothing to do with explosions, or self-replicating bits, or dinosaurs (except, everybody knows, all dinosaurs were atheists. which is probably why they went extinct, one big hate crime.)
so, although i know that little pat-yourself-on-the-back felt really good for you, as it does with many xians, it's simply fraudulent to attribute anything to atheism besides a lack of belief in gods.

What I am saying is that Atheism, is the great nothing.

Its absolutely nothing, worth nothing, means nothing, and will amount to nothing.
you're exactly right. but considering it's a component of belief and not an attempt at anything - nothing is the assumed result. nobody expects that my lack of belief in psychic powers is going to amount to anything, because i never said it would.

no, you seriously dont.

mickiel

you're exactly right. but considering it's a component of belief and not an attempt at anything - nothing is the assumed result. nobody expects that my lack of belief in psychic powers is going to amount to anything, because i never said it would.

no, you seriously dont.

Atheism is just as interesting as Theism, both carry with it things that attract the human consciousness to levels of being that we are interested in. I hold an intrest in what I think needs to be an explination of our reality, that being a God somewhere, Atheism suggest that we came to be without a God. I don't see how in the world of reason, that all this exist, from nonexistant componants that came into existence on their own. Because if that was the case, such a thing of power like that would continue to create on its own. And our reality would continue to witness continual self creating powers pumping newer things into existence.

I have not seen that occur.

Peace.

Wotan

Atheism is just as interesting as Theism, both carry with it things that attract the human consciousness to levels of being that we are interested in. I hold an intrest in what I think needs to be an explination of our reality, that being a God somewhere, Atheism suggest that we came to be without a God. I don't see how in the world of reason, that all this exist, from nonexistant componants that came into existence on their own. Because if that was the case, such a thing of power like that would continue to create on its own. And our reality would continue to witness continual self creating powers pumping newer things into existence.

I have not seen that occur.

Peace.

Maybe you haven't been around long enough.:)

Or maybe that is ALL just one large flammable straw man that YOU created so you could set fire to it.

Course there is a simple solution. Bring your god around for a chat.

newhope101

Don't worry Mickiel. Not believing in God keeps alot of the world busy. Example: Steven Hawkins never could workout how the singularity could exist prior to the big bang so now astrophysisists have invented the theory of multiple universes, staged inflation, and multiple dimentions to explain it all. So now they have multiple things to concern themselves with. By not believing in creation nor intelligent design archeologists can spend their time debating their fossils and trying to make all their information fit.

Maybe atheism stimulates employment!