• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheism: The Great Nothing!

Amill

Apikoros
Nothing from Nothing leaves only Nothing, that is a fact which cannot be denied, yet Atheist deny it each and everyday. Life is impossible to have come from Nothing. Incredibly impossible. Do the Math. Billions of human Chromozones and DNA exist, where did they come from? From Nothing at all! Oh they just created themselves, joined together in committe and decided to form into human beings, at just the right time in the nothing?

Good Greif, will wonders of ignorance never cease.

Peace.

With how crazy the Universe is I find it odd that people can be so sure that something is impossible. The existence of blackholes, supernovas, neutron stars, laws of relativity, quantum entanglement and teleportation, multiple dimensions, and 100s of billions of galaxies, ect all make perfect sense...BUT THERE'S NO WAY IN HELL LIFE COULD ARISE THROUGH NATURAL AND OBSERVABLE PROCESSES.

Sententia

Nothing from Nothing leaves only Nothing, that is a fact which cannot be denied, yet Atheist deny it each and everyday. Life is impossible to have come from Nothing. Incredibly impossible. Do the Math. Billions of human Chromozones and DNA exist, where did they come from? From Nothing at all! Oh they just created themselves, joined together in committe and decided to form into human beings, at just the right time in the nothing?

Good Greif, will wonders of ignorance never cease.

Peace.

Great argument. Thus god? Did god come from nothing? God, as you imagine it, is infinitely more complex then the world you live in which you argue could not have come from nothing but you mentally juxtapose that god did it while missing the obvious conclusion of your argument.

mickiel

Great argument. Thus god? Did god come from nothing? God, as you imagine it, is infinitely more complex then the world you live in which you argue could not have come from nothing but you mentally juxtapose that god did it while missing the obvious conclusion of your argument.

Good arguement in return. I have no idea about how God came into reality. The bible states he always has existed. I cannot explain that. I just cannot, its beyond me. It has to go backwards to infinity, and have started somewhere in our finite minds. Given the choices of belief avialible, I still go with the existence of a God, in which I cannot understand how he exist. The other choices are nowhere even near powerful enough to produce Life and Consciousness.

Peace.

mickiel

Good arguement in return. I have no idea about how God came into reality. The bible states he always has existed. I cannot explain that. I just cannot, its beyond me. It has to go backwards to infinity, and have started somewhere in our finite minds. Given the choices of belief avialible, I still go with the existence of a God, in which I cannot understand how he exist. The other choices are nowhere even near powerful enough to produce Life and Consciousness.

Peace.

I'll even simplfy this thing. I don't think natural process could even produce a simple roach. It couldnot create, in billions of years, a simple worm. In trillions of years, I don't think a knat could be produced.

Peace.

mickiel

I'll even simplfy this thing. I don't think natural process could even produce a simple roach. It couldnot create, in billions of years, a simple worm. In trillions of years, I don't think a knat could be produced.

Peace.

Evolution produces just what Atheism produces, Nothing! In 600 million years natural process couldnot produce ANYTHING? Life begans Life, period. And Nothing comes from Nothing. Period. I could give natural process 9,000,000 years and it could not create a tadpole. It just couldn't do it. But that is the leap of faith that Atheist must take to get from nothing to something.

And I want to show how they take that leap, just as a Christian would, their counterparts.

Peace.

Amill

Apikoros
Evolution produces just what Atheism produces, Nothing! In 600 million years natural process couldnot produce ANYTHING? Life begans Life, period. And Nothing comes from Nothing. Period. I could give natural process 9,000,000 years and it could not create a tadpole. It just couldn't do it. But that is the leap of faith that Atheist must take to get from nothing to something.

And I want to show how they take that leap, just as a Christian would, their counterparts.

Peace.

So a Universe that is far more magnificent and implausible than you or I could ever realize could never produce life through natural processes? Oh how we wish we knew as much about the Universe as you do...:facepalm: I'm not talking about the Universe coming into existence....life did not come from "nothing", there was stuff around. And how about a god, are you saying it would be completely impossible for him to create a Universe with processes that could produce life? You even deny that possibility? yikes:D

I guess god just gave manatees fingernails for the hell of it.:beach:

Just_me_Mike

Peace.
The problem is a roach is produced, and we have simple worms, and we have gnats. So whether or not you think natural process can do it or not, they are here, and without clear evidence of God, the natural is just as good a choice, and in fact a more intelligent choice by many people's standard.

mickiel

So a Universe that is far more magnificent and implausible than you or I could ever realize could never produce life through natural processes? Oh how we wish we knew as much about the Universe as you do...:facepalm: I'm not talking about the Universe coming into existence....life did not come from "nothing", there was stuff around. And how about a god, are you saying it would be completely impossible for him to create a Universe with processes that could produce life? You even deny that possibility? yikes:D

I guess god just gave manatees fingernails for the hell of it.:beach:

There is nothing impossible for this God, at least as far as I determine him to be, he could do anything, as evidenced by those incredible things already done. And there was " No stuff around", there was no physical universe, no physical anything, before God created it.

Peace.

mickiel

The problem is a roach is produced, and we have simple worms, and we have gnats. So whether or not you think natural process can do it or not, they are here, and without clear evidence of God, the natural is just as good a choice, and in fact a more intelligent choice by many people's standard.

There is no Problem in my view. And there is clear evidence in my view. The difference in this, is my sight and yours, we see two differing things. You see Roachs, Knats and Worms, creating themselves, I see that as complette utter nonsense. I see them as created things, you see that as nonsense.

There is no real beginning of natural process, even it cannot begin itself, without itself being a great birthing power. Of course IF it was a " Birthing Power", it still would have had to first birth itself into reality, so that it could become this " Law of Great beginnings." Conversely, such a law of Great Power, wouldNOT die out, it must continue on birthing its incredible natural birthing process, unless something greater than it, cancels it out.

There is no such natural birthing process now. There was not one 700 years ago, 7,000 years ago, or 7,000,000 years ago.

Peace.

mickiel

There is no Problem in my view. And there is clear evidence in my view. The difference in this, is my sight and yours, we see two differing things. You see Roachs, Knats and Worms, creating themselves, I see that as complette utter nonsense. I see them as created things, you see that as nonsense.

There is no real beginning of natural process, even it cannot begin itself, without itself being a great birthing power. Of course IF it was a " Birthing Power", it still would have had to first birth itself into reality, so that it could become this " Law of Great beginnings." Conversely, such a law of Great Power, wouldNOT die out, it must continue on birthing its incredible natural birthing process, unless something greater than it, cancels it out.

There is no such natural birthing process now. There was not one 700 years ago, 7,000 years ago, or 7,000,000 years ago.

Peace.

I find it of intrest that proponants of this so called " Natural selection theory", would go as far out as claiming to believe that life started itself, which would make Life " An independant Birthing Process of awesome Power", but then try to " Reduce this Power by suggesting that it has either stopped altogether", or just slowed itself down so much, that it now takes billions of years to produce, and that production " In stages." OR, that it began in miniscule stages, on its own, and still continues to this day, but we just have problems documenting it. With all our technology, we can't even film this awesome process of Life creating itself, we don't have even one singular example of it on film.

Incredible assumption, incredible enough to be taught in our schools.

Peace.

DeitySlayer

President of Chindia
With all our technology, we can't even film this awesome process of Life creating itself, we don't have even one singular example of it on film.

Now you're just lying. We have numerous examples of nucleotide polymerization and all the other stages of abiogenesis which have been demonstrated, viewed, and reproduced by a number of scientific enquiries.

mickiel

I am giving this out to those who are reading this post, not in response to an individual. Biogenesis states that Living things only come from other living things, life only comes from life. And when living things procreate, their offspring are the same type of organism they are. Every living organism alive today is a product of and evidence for, Biogenesis. No one has EVER documented a single case of " Non-Living Matter", comming to life itself, in self replicating form.

Peace.

Sententia

Peace.

The bible was written by man and if man is flawed then what does that say about the bible and god?

You state the universe needed a beginning but god does not. Why does the universe need a beginning if god does not?

Given the choices of beliefs? How do you know of all the beliefs? Did you know you could pay homage to the patron saint of mining with explosive hammers?

You can have your own personal beliefs but your non-sequitur argument is illogical. Because one does not believe in god they are not asserting that one day poof a frog was there created from nothing.

Most atheists instead embrace science and science has a lot to say about the origin of humans and animals. Evolution is a scientific theory but might be better understood by you in framing your argument against science to be factual.

However I don't think you are trying to argue against evolution. Perhaps you are struggling with the various theories and ideas surrounding abiogenesis. Are you familiar with a particular theory of abiogenesis that starts with the premise that at first there was nothing and then poof life everywhere? If so then elaborate but understand it has nothing to do with atheism or evolution.

Last edited:

logician

I am giving this out to those who are reading this post, not in response to an individual. Biogenesis states that Living things only come from other living things, life only comes from life. And when living things procreate, their offspring are the same type of organism they are. Every living organism alive today is a product of and evidence for, Biogenesis. No one has EVER documented a single case of " Non-Living Matter", comming to life itself, in self replicating form.

Peace.

A quite unlikely thing to witness, unless one was present at the beginning of life.

mickiel

The bible was written by man and if man is flawed then what does that say about the bible and god?Quote

It says that he uses flawed men and flawed books.

You state the universe needed a beginning but god does not. Why does the universe need a beginning if god does not?quote

God created the Universe, time it is governed by, and the laws that govern it, I see no reason why he should be governed by those same things he created.

Given the choices of beliefs? How do you know of all the beliefs? Did you know you could pay homage to the patron saint of mining with explosive hammers?quote

I hold no intrest in the use of myths to support reality.

. Are you familiar with a particular theory of abiogenesis that starts with the premise that at first there was nothing and then poof life everywhere? If so then elaborate but understand it has nothing to do with atheism or evolution.

Abiogenesis has been debunked many times over. When someone observes the first example of spontaneous generation from nothing, which includes self-replicating machinery ( DNA and RNA), biogenesis will no longer be a law. Until that time, it remains one.

Peace.

Sententia

God created the Universe, time it is governed by, and the laws that govern it, I see no reason why he should be governed by those same things he created.

The logical problem with your argument is that you assert that the universe or anything else could not come from nothing. Then you state God can come from nothing.

Your follow up argument is that you believe the universe was created by god but atheists who do not believe in god assert the universe was created by nothing. This is non-sequitur logical error on your part. Do you understand why?

You state that Biogenesis is law and Abiogenesis has been debunked many times over while believing in god which according to your stated beliefs must have come from other life and not from nothing. Again you are confused.

If you assert god has always been then it is equally easy for you to comprehend that universe could always have been. You say you hold no interest in the use of myths to support reality. God is a myth. Actually its a whole genre of various myths, from the Holy Ghost to Chalmecatecuchtlz each have their own unique spin on an idea left over from the infancy of our intelligence. (See Signature)

mickiel

The logical problem with your argument is that you assert that the universe or anything else could not come from nothing. Then you state God can come from nothing.
)

I have never stated that God came from nothing, I said I don't know where God came from, and that the bible states he has always existed, which means he didNOT " Come from anywhere", he's just always been.

And I don't understand that.

Peace.

Sententia

I have never stated that God came from nothing, I said I don't know where God came from, and that the bible states he has always existed, which means he didNOT " Come from anywhere", he's just always been.

Me said:
If you assert god has always been then it is equally easy for you to comprehend that universe could always have been.

mickiel said:
And I don't understand that.

Thats a good sign.