• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheist Ads on New York Subway

blackout

Violet.
"good without god"

would have probably been simpler
and more effective.

Then if you want to pull on "heart strings":rolleyes:,
put up pics of "athiests" doing kool stuff.

mountain climbing
observing test tubes in a lab
volunteering at animal shelters
playing in a jazz ensemble
helping little old ladies across the street...

"good without god"

(then at the end)

"thanks"

(gotta be a LITTLE snarly. you're athiests. :shrug: be yourselves.)
This way it kind of says .... "we're good, thanks"...
better word play.

*UV should be paid for this*

blackout

Violet.
Christian: You are guilty, no matter who you are.
Person: Of what?
Christian: Breaking the rules of my religion.
Person: But I don't believe in your religion's rules.
Christian: Don't you want the remedy?
Person: But I didn't do any-
Christian: Just join my religion, then you'll understand that you're guilty of breaking the rules, and you'll have the remedy for it.
Person: No... Can you please let me eat my sandwich now?

That's exactly what I meant...
"I"m good thanks"..... (now move along....) ;)

OmarKhayyam

And no one has mentioned booze. You can't be a good atheist and be a tee-totaler.

Eat drink and be merry for tomorrow. . . .

blackout

Violet.
And no one has mentioned booze. You can't be a good atheist and be a tee-totaler.

Eat drink and be merry for tomorrow. . . .

I still have plans for 'jon the debaptizer' on the subway platforms.

We'll have to get a permit.
Maybe he can debaptize with jack daniels?
No brown bags. He can't be confued with the homeless guys.
Nice big Subway Sandwich... Sandals with comfy socks...
some comfortable robe... nothing resembling sackcloth...

OmarKhayyam

Maybe he can debaptize with jack Daniels?

Oh good heavens woman. Not that swill.:areyoucra

Markers Mark, a true Bourbon. Not some wanna be imitation. :(:D

rojse

RF Addict

Maybe he can debaptize with jack daniels?

And women and men wearing little clothing, too. :danana:

logician

I have no particular problem with the ad. Considering that XIantity has many stations pushing their religion 24/7, this is a drop in the bucket by comparison.

Man of Faith

Three mistakes to note here MoF. The first is you're assuming they mean 'good' in an moral sence. I read that as good as in, someone asks if you want another piece of cake after dessert and you say "No, I'm good".

The second mistake you make, which seems to be taking a turn away from the OP, you assume 'sin' is a matter of good and bad. Sin's merely a belief that anything that god doesn't like is bad, but that has no objective value at all.

And third, you assume your god is real, for some reason.

It seems that what you call mistakes aren't mistakes after all.
What's New | United Cor
"We want everyone to know that people can be good without religious beliefs," said John Rafferty, a spokesperson for Big Apple CoR."

The Ten Commandments are objective.

Assuming God is real is valid because there is no way to know for sure, so either I assume he is real, or I assume he is not, we have to do one.

CarlinKnew

Looks like somebody called out CNN on their misrepresentation, because now the real advertisement is displayed. ;)

Good for the Big Apple Coalition of Reason. :clap Atheists in America need help coming out of the closet. It's hard to tell by reading forums like RF, but we are in the minority, and our non-belief is frowned upon.

MissAlice

One way or the other you need to worry, not being baptized, might not make it to heaven, not being unbaptized might not become a reasoned person.

Being unbaptized means I don't get to go to heaven....:(

With so many adults and children around the world who aren't baptized or even christian for that matter, god doesn't exactly sound like the kind of guy I'd want my kids around....:no:

Last edited:

Man of Faith

If only ads like that existed when my mother used to drag me to church every Sunday.

What I would do is drag my kids right past the sign and say "kids, those signs are from people that don't believe in God." "They think we got here by chance and we are just glorified animals". "Kids does that make sense, are you an animal." Of course kids know they aren't an animal so they will say no and possible laugh. Then I would ask them if apes wear clothes. Case closed.

OmarKhayyam

What I would do is drag my kids right past the sign and say "kids, those signs are from people that don't believe in God." "They think we got here by chance and we are just glorified animals". "Kids does that make sense, are you an animal." Of course kids know they aren't an animal so they will say no and possible laugh. Then I would ask them if apes wear clothes. Case closed.

And this kind of shallow, mindless, uncritical, sloppy and childish thinking is why I have no respect for religion or those who follow it.:yes: