• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheist Desire to Disprove God

BeeBooga

Silent Inquisitor
And a lack of bread IS bread.

Good news to all the starving people of the world.

With all this lack of money I'm filthy rich.
So I'm rich?

My lack of a house is indeed a house?!

and My lack of a viper is REALLY a viper?

OMG. Revelation!

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I would of figured it to be common sense that anything beliefed to be true is a belief.

It is. Unfortunately, your understanding of atheism is misguided. However, your beliefs seem to require a faulty definition of atheism, so I hold no illusions that you'll open yourself to reason.

Orias

Left Hand Path
It is. Unfortunately, your understanding of atheism is misguided. However, your beliefs seem to require a faulty definition of atheism, so I hold no illusions that you'll open yourself to reason.

In what way am I understanding that atheism is misguided?

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
I see Orias's misconceptions about atheism are causing problems in this thread, too. Orias, this would all be much easier if you just let it sink into your head that atheism is a lack of belief in God which can sometimes be accompanied by a belief that God doesn't exist.