• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheists have nothing to rely on

Status
Not open for further replies.

outhouse

Atheistically
but atheists rely only on sex drugs alcohol for "spiritual comfort".

What kind of rhetoric is this.

Its blatantly not true, if not downright dishonest and a personal attack on those not like you.

Religious people have their God/gods to rely on. During difficult times they can seek help in mosque church synagogue or whatever

You mean atheist think for themselves and don't need to use mythology as a crutch ?

Deathbydefault

Apistevist Asexual Atheist
Religious people have their God/gods to rely on. During difficult times they can seek help in mosque church synagogue or whatever, but atheists rely only on sex drugs alcohol for "spiritual comfort".

I've wondered for a while if I could just comment "lol" on posts like this.
Then just not say anything else in the thread... is that even allowed?
I would like to know.

Deidre

No guys i mean when i feel real down, and family and friends cant help me with it then i call on God for bigger help. Then ofcourse my Heart and mind becomes peaceful.

I think atheists dont have that because they cant call upon anyone when family friends therapists(lol) fail.
But, you know what? It's really you bringing yourself comfort, the entire time. The strength has always been inside of you, Servant. I understand the power that faith has within it, to believe in something larger than us. But, at the end of it all...the strength is inside of us, not in something else...far away...that religion convinces us to believe we need. All you need is to believe in yourself, really.

It is scary to let go of faith and the idea that a supernatural power is watching over me, protecting me, guarding me, loving me. But, since my belief is that mankind creates his own ideas of a god, it's really not a god at all doing all of that. The power to love and comfort ourselves has always lied within us.

I'm not trying to talk you out of your beliefs, but since you cannot see or touch god...it might stand to reason that what you think you believe, is really what already exists inside of you.

Deathbydefault

Apistevist Asexual Atheist
No guys i mean when i feel real down, and family and friends cant help me with it then i call on God for bigger help. Then ofcourse my Heart and mind becomes peaceful.

I think atheists don't have that because they cant call upon anyone when family friends therapists(lol) fail.

I'm not sure about others, but I rely completely on myself (which is a developed internal response to a bad situation).
Kinda just ball up in my own head and do nothing but think for hours on end.
After that I'm more or less back to normal, I need no sort of spiritual help or physical comfort.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Religious people have their God/gods to rely on. During difficult times they can seek help in mosque church synagogue or whatever, but atheists rely only on sex drugs alcohol for "spiritual comfort".
Actually reliance has more to do with abilities and skills to survive using our intelligence and the intelligence of others.

Incidentally, why would an atheist seek out spiritual comfort in the context of religion in solving real world problems and issues if that is the implication here ?

If anything, it's reflection that provides the means of comfort and paves ways to solutions.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
There have been arguments that religions are like drugs, I think drugs are false comforts as so would religion be for me since I don't believe in it.
I believe in having a clear mind, nature is plenty of "comfort" for people like me. Though I don't think of it as comfort, but something we all come from and go to.
Nature is created by G-d.
Regards

MARCELLO

Transitioning from male to female
@ The OP holder,pls help me to sort it out........

If you don't bother ,would you so kindly help us to rely on theism,if one of this theisms advises and orders us to believe that a so call prophet was awarded to own unlimited of wives( or frankly speaking,women) ?

Thank you very much sir....

Blastcat

Who the xxx do you think you are to try and tell me I don't get support from God, try looking out for yourself, and leave me out of your "equations".

He isn't trying to tell you what to believe or not to believe. He was telling you about what he things from his ATHEIST perspective.
You can believe anything you like for whatever reason you chose.

Others also have that right. Correct?
You are FREE to believe what you like?... yes?

Hope we all agree.
But from an atheist perspective, we don't believe in a god, and we don't believe in magic powers from gods.

What kind of support are you talking about, anyway?
Could you explain?

MARCELLO

By the way,why do you still spell god the wayconservative euro jews do,as you have almost nothing in common ? Are you making fun of yourself or the jews?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
By the way,why do you still spell god the wayconservative euro jews do,as you have almost nothing in common ? Are you making fun of yourself or the jews?
I doubt it. From what I have heard, the main reason for not writing "god" in full is a belief that even accidental defacing of that name should be avoided. Refusing to write the name in the first place seems to be a preventive measure.

MARCELLO

I doubt it. From what I have heard, the main reason for not writing "god" in full is a belief that even accidental defacing of that name should be avoided. Refusing to write the name in the first place seems to be a preventive measure.
And for sure that's nothing to do with him,then so why? Pretty much making a fun of belief.

Blastcat

And for sure that's nothing to do with him,then so why? Pretty much making a fun of belief.

We can't account and know each and every sensitivity a person may or may not have about some spelling UNTIL they tell us about it.

I can't keep track.. I use the spelling "god" to refer to a kind of being..
I use the spelling "God" if I am referring to a person's god.. and they use that spelling.
I use the spelling "GOD".. er... mainly because sometimes I like to capitalize words.

I never use the spelling "G..D" because it's too slow.
I usually TRY to use the pronoun "it" instead of "he" ... because I don't think gods have human genitals or sex.

Status
Not open for further replies.