• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheists: If there's no God, then where did the world come from?

solo

When you believe in god, you are said to have Faith.
But Faith is believing in something your are not sure exists.)(
If you were sure it would be called Fact.

RitalinO.D.

You're going to presume to tell me something that you have no idea of, instead of telling me how I'm wrong. The only obvious thing is that you don't want to go back on what you stated and nobody is going to force you because they group together out of necessity. So therefore you feel nice and cozy in your false idea.

I'm not going to re-explain my claims. It's completed and stands completely without resistance. Just about every question that has been asked has already been explained.
9-10s Penguin, it's been explained. Ritalin OD,, I don't even know what the hell it is you go on about. You seem to think that Peter Pan relates to the rationale I've been explaining, and it simply doesn't, no matter how much you try to word smith your technical arguments the truth is there in this thread.

lol how was I word smithing? I asked you to explain to me why you believe in God but not Santa Clause or the E. Bunny. Seems pretty simple to me, or was the question too much of a bear for ya?

waitasec

Veteran Member

i would say faith is believing in something you believe is true simply because you believe it to be true... belief is justified by belief...whoa..i'm getting dizzy
:faint:

Sum1sGruj

And so there is no such thing as fact, if you want to go that route.

Which I don't believe, honestly. I know for a fact that the universe was created by something that cannot be explained logically.
I have faith that it is my God. So what of it? At least I have a basis for something. An atheist may as well be called an agnostic, and an agnostic might as well be called a gnostic.

See how semantics work? They go both ways.

Last edited:

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
The only logical fallacy is condemning truth to 'proof' simply because it cannot be seen with the naked eye.
Strawman. Nobody said that's how it had to be.

We know gravity exists, but we can only see the effects,, and so we know the universe began, we cannot see from what.
But, like you said, we can still test and observe the effects of gravity, and that is how we know it exists. With God, how do you test and observe the effects?

What more proof is there? The question is how is it a logical fallacy.
Because it's circular reasoning.

1- God created the Universe.
2- The Universe exists.
3- Therefore, God exists.

It's exactly the same as:

1- Santa puts presents under the tree at Christmas.
2- There are presents under the tree at Christmas.
3- Therefore, Santa exists.

Or:

1- The magical elfman of wonderbonk creates stars.
2- Stars exist.
3- Therefore, the magical elfman of wonderbonk exists.

Do you understand? You are missing out two important qualifiers: How do you know God is required for the creation of the Universe, and how do you establish a cause and effect relationship between God and the Universe?

It's solid logic, whatever created reality does not follow suit with a 'beginning' and had no 'cause'.
That's just a blind, baseless assumption.

Sum1sGruj

lol how was I word smithing? I asked you to explain to me why you believe in God but not Santa Clause or the E. Bunny. Seems pretty simple to me, or was the question too much of a bear for ya?

The question isn't even relevent. You and others are simply fabricating issues that have no bearing on my claims and trying to masquerade them as being potent.

The only thing thats getting hard to bear is this stupid bull ****.

Answer this question: if reality came from nothing, where did it come from besides an infinite being with will (as it had no initial cause to produce an action).
Nobody can do it. So whats up with the stupid *** questions? Just be done with it.

Last edited:

Sum1sGruj

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

i don't think i ever gave anyone on this forum a quintuplet :facepalm:

congratz...

You can know anything. Doesn't mean it's true.

Answer this question: if reality didn't come from nothing, where did it come from besides an infinite being (as it could not have been created by anything else) and with will (as it had no initial cause to produce an action).
Nobody can do it. So whats up with the stupid *** questions and strawmans? Just be done with it.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Answer this question: if reality didn't come from nothing, where did it come from besides an infinite being (as it could not have been created by anything else) and with will (as it had no initial cause to produce an action).
How about a magical rock made of dreams?

There we go, there's an answer that's just a plausible as God.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
9-10s Penguin, it's been explained.
What's been explained?

When questioned on how you know that "an infinite being of will" created the universe, we find that the definition is so vague that there's no need to infer that it's a deity at all. AFAICT, all you're really saying is "an uncaused cause"... so if you want to get into a discussion of all the things that are wrong with the cosmological argument, we can. If that's not what you're getting at, then maybe you could explain your position more clearly.

waitasec

Veteran Member
You can know anything. Doesn't mean it's true.

Nobody can do it. So whats up with the stupid *** questions and strawmans? Just be done with it.

who says that?

Sum1sGruj

Physics state it. That is why Einstein believed in the Spinova ordeal because the general concensus for many then was that the universe is infinite.
We know this to longer be the case. It is now a base concept in physics that there was in fact a beginning.

And search harder through these thread. I find these claims that I haven't explained whatever it is you seek extremely laughable. As if I'm supposed to waste my time because you can't click a few buttons and read.

RitalinO.D.

Physics state it. That is why Einstein believed in the Spinova ordeal because the general concensus for many then was that the universe is infinite.
We know this to longer be the case. It is now a base concept in physics that there was in fact a beginning.

And search harder through these thread. I find these claims that I haven't explained whatever it is you seek extremely laughable. As if I'm supposed to waste my time because you can't click a few buttons and read.

Wouldn't it serve you better to just point to where you explained it? Would that not serve to make him look foolish for denying you have done so?

Stop sidestepping and show it.

Sum1sGruj

Wouldn't it serve you better to just point to where you explained it? Would that not serve to make him look foolish for denying you have done so?

Stop sidestepping and show it.

No, because I want you all to sit here and continue to make fools of yoursleves. It's funny :D