• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Awareness of existence

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Well the processes and goal are different in different religions regardless.
Again, we weren't talking about processes. We're talking about "ultimate goals." I asked you in post #68 what these were for each religion. You have yet to answer that question.

It still remains that the "journey" is distinct from the perspective of different religious beliefs.
I never disputed that. In fact, said that was the case.

<A may be your goal if it is "Hotel California" or maybe "Hollywood."
You know Hotel California isn't really a place, right?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
First and foremost, in my religion, the primordial beginning, or the birth of God, is described. This is very important because it brings God closer to every person since we are all born as well. The second crucial matter is an explanation that God is not responsible for the evil on Earth, as time, which originated from God, is to blame. It may sound a bit convoluted, but that's the crux of the matter. In the cycles of time,

I have written that the entire cycle involves the creation and destruction of the cosmos, and this is happening all the time; that's what destiny is all about. My religion does not conflict with science because what we are discovering through science aligns with religion, as it happened within time.
Quantum Mechanics in science does not happen within time as in out time/space universe. In the scientific perspective our physical existence no likely ever
Well the processes and goal are different in different religions regardless.

It still remains that the "journey" is distinct from the perspective of different religious beliefs. <A may be your goal if it is "Hotel California" or maybe "Hollywood."

I would agree with you in the Universalist and Baha'i perspective best one could say from the Baha'i perspective it is a journey through undefined worlds? beyond this world.that the journey beyond this world is not definable from any one religious perspective.

From the universalist perspective the journey beyond reasons light in this world cannot be known in any sense from the fallible human perspective.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Hello, interesting forum, I'm new here. Maybe to start, I'll send a link to my religion.

Welcome to these forums. I was curious so I googled it, but the only hit I got was for this post of yours on Religious Forums. Am I safe to think it's your own religion, and relatively new.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Again, we weren't talking about processes. We're talking about "ultimate goals." I asked you in post #68 what these were for each religion. You have yet to answer that question.
Yes, we are talking about both processes and ultimate goals. Both are defined differently in different religions
You know Hotel California isn't really a place, right?

I did not say it was. Neither likely is any other belief is a place, goal or otherwise the end of the journey of the soul.

Last edited:

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, we are talking about both processes and ultimate goals. Both are defined differently in different religions
We are talking about "ultimate goals." You are talking about processes. I am not.

You also side-stepped my question yet a second time.

I did not say it was. Neither likely is any other belief in a place, goal or otherwise the end of the journey of the soul.
More double-speak.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
First and foremost, in my religion, the primordial beginning, or the birth of God, is described. This is very important because it brings God closer to every person since we are all born as well.
According to my religion God and Creation have always existed but God did not create Creation, as Christians believe.
Baha'is believe that life on Earth evolved through the process of evolution that God set in motion.
The second crucial matter is an explanation that God is not responsible for the evil on Earth, as time, which originated from God, is to blame.
How is time responsible for evil?
I believe that humans are responsible for all the evil in the world since humans have free will and some people choose to do evil.
God is not responsible for evil since God does not commit any evil acts. God does not have behavior, only humans have behavior, so God cannot commit evil.
In the cycles of time, I have written that the entire cycle involves the creation and destruction of the cosmos, and this is happening all the time; that's what destiny is all about.
Can you explain what you mean by that? How does time affect human destiny?
My religion does not conflict with science because what we are discovering through science aligns with religion, as it happened within time.
The Baha'i Faith does not conflict with science either. We believe in the harmony of science and religion and that both are necessary for humanity to progress.

Science and Religion | An Ever-Advancing Civilization | God and His Creation | What Bahá’ís Believe

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
We are talking about "ultimate goals." You are talking about processes. I am not.

I am talking about processes, because they are indeed different from religion. Actually it is a rather a nebulous subjective claim to separate the process and the goal.

If you want to narrow the discussion to only what you want to talk about you can talk to yourself.
You also side-stepped my question yet a second time.

More double-speak.
No, I did not say it was. Neither likely is any other belief in a place, goal or otherwise the end of the journey of the soul.

Do not pick frog hairs on terminology when we are talking about the journey beyond this life and physical world, which in reality is unknown.

Last edited:

Paul65

Welcome to the forum,

The link to your website has no 'content' just a title with black background, guess its the 'Void' of existence being aware of itself? :fearscream::smile::hearteyes:

I enjoy pure ontological musings as well, as I reflect on the "I AM", for that is the most intimate reality Im aware of ....existence itself individually and universally re-cognized. We can further define a religion of such parameters within a pan-en-theistic context, and flesh in any filler, bells or whistles as we please :)

Looking forward....................

~*~*~
Scroll down, the page is below the text.

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
the birth of God
What exactly do you mean by that?
God is not responsible for the evil on Earth, as time, which originated from God, is to blame. It may sound a bit convoluted, but that's the crux of the matter. In the cycles of time, I have written that the entire cycle involves the creation and destruction of the cosmos, and this is happening all the time; that's what destiny is all about.
I don't get how this makes time responsible for the evil that exists on Earth, could you please explain?

Also, while you're at it how do you define "evil"?

And another question: what exactly does your religion teach about good and evil? According to your religion how should we behave towards other humans... and why should we behave as we are supposed to?

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
I am talking about processes, because they are indeed different from religion. Actually it is a rather a nebulous subjective claim to separate the process and the goal.

If you want to narrow the discussion to only what you want to talk about you can talk to yourself.
It's not what I want to talk about. It's about what's relevant.

I've already agreed with you that processes are different and even gave an analogy. There is no point in discussing that further.

No, I did not say it was. Neither likely is any other belief in a place, goal or otherwise the end of the journey of the soul.

Do not pick frog hairs on terminology when we are talking about the journey beyond this life and physical world, which in reality is unknown.
More double-speak.

We are discussing "ultimate goals." You know...what you brought up in back in post #66.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with. Defining a paradigm separate from others isn't the same as claiming to be the ultimate religion.
Oh yes it is, because the bottomline is the process and goal of the soul defines each religion and separates it from others.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Hello. I'll just second the suggestion of asking staff to move this hello thread to the newbies sub-forum.

If you post in a debate sub forum such as this (rather than a discussion sub forum) it is best to wear a flak jacket. ;)
That is difficult, because it is at present debate and discussion thread.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Welcome to the forum,

The link to your website has no 'content' just a title with black background, guess its the 'Void' of existence being aware of itself? :fearscream::smile::hearteyes:
Your browser likely isn't loading the page correctly.

There's actually a pretty cool animation on @Paul65's site before the page loads.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
It's not what I want to talk about. It's about what's relevant.
The processes involving the beliefs, journey and goals is ALL relevant.
I've already agreed with you that processes are different and even gave an analogy. There is no point in discussing that further.

More double-speak.

We are discussing "ultimate goals." You know...what you brought up in back in post #66.

Also the ultimate goal is indeed different between religions,

NO, I am talking about beliefs, processes, journey and goals. If you wish to narrow the discussion to suit your agenda talk to yourself.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
That's it Duck. Bob and Weave out the back door. Religions are indeed different in the bottom line including yours.
Not at all. We were just going in circles because you kept talking around what I was asking you.

I won't waste my time with someone who builds straw men. I have better things to do.