• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Awareness of existence

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I disagree. Each religion defines a paradigm seperate from others in one way or another,
That is true, but not all religions claim to be the ultimate religion. I don't think that Buddhism and Hinduism make that claim.
I would say that Christianity is really the only religion that claims to be the ultimate religion, since they claim to be the only true religion.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I believe in the Great Divide {G|D}.

{G|D} is defined as a thinkscape bifurcated such that metaphysical ideation is promulgated by two streams: (a) deep thinkers, and (b) dilettante stinkers. My only problem is that of determining with which group to identify. :(

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I don't know why you're so critical of him; every person should be respected regardless of their beliefs and religion.
I agree that every person should be respected regardless of their beliefs and religion.
@Trailblazer is a female.
And as for the

Trailblazer

, how do you know that I am not chosen by God?
I don't know. Maybe you were chosen by God to deliver your message of unity of all religions.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
That is true, but not all religions claim to be the ultimate religion. I don't think that Buddhism and Hinduism make that claim.
I would say that Christianity is really the only religion that claims to be the ultimate religion, since they claim to be the only true religion.
It depends on what when means by the 'ultimate religion.' Even Buddhism and other religions that are not as specific as say Christianity and Islam define 'ultimate goals' of spiritual destiny of the soul different from other religions.

I believe there may be a better terms then 'ultimate religion,' that defines beliefs that separate religions concerning their claims. I will give it some thought.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Even if true, that does not constitute a claim to be the "ultimate" religion.
I may suggest a better term than 'ultimate religion,' but none the less different religions are identified as defining different 'ultimate goals' of the soul distinctly different from other religions,

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Even Buddhism and other religions that are not as specific as say Christianity and Islam define 'ultimate goals' of spiritual destiny of the soul different from other religions.
I may suggest a better term than 'ultimate religion,' but none the less different religions are identified as defining different 'ultimate goals' of the soul distinctly different from other religions,
What do you perceive the "ultimate goals" of these individual religions to be in your own words?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
What do you perceive the "ultimate goals" of these individual religions to be in your own words?
The destiny of the soul in terms of their different beliefs, which is very much the foundation of any belief system.

For example many Eastern Religions describe Reincarnation as a process of the ultimate goal of the soul, In the Abrahamic West it is often various version of Heaven, Paradice, Hell, somewhere in between, and most often reject reincarnation.

Last edited:

Secret Chief

Degrow!
Yes I think a word other than "ultimate" might be beneficial.
One distinctive aspect of Buddhism is, I understand, the absence of what is usually understood by the word "soul."

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I would prefer to use the term 'religion for everyone'.
I also like that term, but not everyone wants to belong to the same religion.
People are normally attached to the religion they have and they are not willing to become a member of a universal religion.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
The destiny of the soul in terms of their different beliefs, which is very much the foundation of any belief system.

For example many Eastern Religions describe Reincarnation as a process of the ultimate goal of the soul, In the Abrahamic West it is often various version of Heaven, Paradice, Hell, somewhere in between, and most often reject reincarnation.
The process is different in each religion, yes, but we're talking about "ultimate goals," not processes.

There are hundreds of ways to get to Los Angeles from my house. Not one of them is the same. Some are longer, some are shorter, some are faster, some are slower, some are by road, others by air, and yet others by rail. But each of them will get someone to Los Angeles. I reject flying. That doesn't mean flying won't get someone there.

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
@Paul65

I have a question

Why should people join your religion?

I mean, does joining it grant some kind of salvation? Does it bring people closer to God? If so, how?

It appears as though your website doesn't really sell it, so to speak

It is not clear what the point of it all is.....

Could you please explain?

I am genuinely interested I find things like this fascinating :)

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Yes I think a word other than "ultimate" might be beneficial.
To use this word you would have to consider what is beneficial and no beneficial as far as religious belief.
One distinctive aspect of Buddhism is, I understand, the absence of what is usually understood by the word "soul."

The word "soul" is descriptive in Buddhism even when the word is not used. The journey remains reincarnation and the eventual extinction of the "soul?"

Paul65

@Paul65

I have a question

Why should people join your religion?

I mean, does joining it grant some kind of salvation? Does it bring people closer to God? If so, how?

It appears as though your website doesn't really sell it, so to speak

It is not clear what the point of it all is.....

Could you please explain?

I am genuinely interested I find things like this fascinating :)
First and foremost, in my religion, the primordial beginning, or the birth of God, is described. This is very important because it brings God closer to every person since we are all born as well. The second crucial matter is an explanation that God is not responsible for the evil on Earth, as time, which originated from God, is to blame. It may sound a bit convoluted, but that's the crux of the matter. In the cycles of time, I have written that the entire cycle involves the creation and destruction of the cosmos, and this is happening all the time; that's what destiny is all about. My religion does not conflict with science because what we are discovering through science aligns with religion, as it happened within time.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
The process is different in each religion, yes, but we're talking about "ultimate goals," not processes.

Well the processes and goal are different in different religions regardless.
n
There are hundreds of ways to get to Los Angeles from my house. Not one of them is the same. Some are longer, some are shorter, some are faster, some are slower, some are by road, others by air, and yet others by rail. But each of them will get someone to Los Angeles. I reject flying. That doesn't mean flying won't get someone there.
It still remains that the "journey" is distinct from the perspective of different religious beliefs. <A may be your goal if it is "Hotel California" or maybe "Hollywood."

freelight

Soul Pioneer
Hello, interesting forum, I'm new here. Maybe to start, I'll send a link to my religion.

Welcome to the forum,

The link to your website has no 'content' just a title with black background, guess its the 'Void' of existence being aware of itself? :fearscream::smile::hearteyes:

I enjoy pure ontological musings as well, as I reflect on the "I AM", for that is the most intimate reality Im aware of ....existence itself individually and universally re-cognized. We can further define a religion of such parameters within a pan-en-theistic context, and flesh in any filler, bells or whistles as we please :)

Looking forward....................

~*~*~