• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ayran is synonymous with Sanskrit, and what all happened to the people who speak the Tamil language

GoodAttention

Re-thinking the video I shared. Maybe this is a movie. Also I don't know the date that they're referring to. Is it AD or BC? Later I learn the video is Ennappan Allava1. So I'm researching what this is? Found the translation of song, I show this below video and says you are the father, so not sure why the confusion of title of video "not your father"

@paarsurrey I'm bringing over the Aryan Sanskrit Tamil conversation here, creating its own thread. Feel free to ask all your questions. Keep in mind there's areas I don't know.

Tamil Dictionary

@paarsurrey @Bharat Jhunjhunwala @GoodAttention

Found farming because it shows in video. Your thoughts about farming in this area, and did they burn bake bricks needing 50% straw in this area too? This video is: Ennappan Allava1.

This video I found (when looking for song Šiva, composed by Appar). However, where am I? Can you help me explain what they're saying in this video and what this is about?

Translate it, and it says "not my father." However the translation of song claims you are my father. I show it below video

என் அப்பனல்லவா | En Appanallavaa | M M Dandapani Desikar
Translate: Not my father En Appanallavaa | M M Dandapani Desikar

Not my father, what does that mean in reference to this video? However learn that song says you're my father. I shown translation below video and says you're my father.

என் அப்பனல்லவா | En Appanallavaa | M M Dandapani Desikar
Translate: Not my father En Appanallavaa | M M Dandapani Desikar

Translation of song

En Appan Allava, En Thayum Allava, Your are my father. You are my mother as well. En Appan Allava, En Thayum Allava, Your are my father. You are my mother as well. Kannara Mudha Kadale Potri, Glory to the lord, the elixir of ocean Seerar Perunthurai Nam Thevanadi Potri, Glory to the Lord; praise his feet Aaradha Inbam Arulum Malai Potri, Glory to the lord, giving the pleasure of divinity Kayilai Malaiyane Potri Potri Potri, Glory to the lord of Kailai hills Siva Sivayam, Siva Sivayam, Siva Sivay... - Full article: Siva Sivayam Lyrics English Translation | En Appan Allava - Siva Sivayam Lyrics English Translation — Bakasuran | En Appan Allava En Thaayum — Tamil to English

Ok, so the video and song you provided conflicts with the translation, which is for a different song with the same name made much more recently. The lyrics are completely different.

From what I can hear and understand, the first lines ask a rhetorical question, the second provides the answer.

"Is it my father's good? (or goodness), Is it my mother good (or goodness)"
"It is my father's goodness, it is by my mother's grace"

The meaning I see here is double, because the word for father and mother is more formal initially, to suggest the divine mother and father. The second is more colloquial, to suggest birth parents. You can hear the song repeats this to signify how important it is to give praise to parents, both divine and birth.

One other line I can make out follows this

"The poor know your love (or mercy)"

There is a simple beauty to this song and message, where you can see when one man starts to sing praise all the other people start to follow him. It appears they have had a good harvest, and so they show their thanks by this praise song.

Note the equality between male and female in the praise song, which is very important in the Tamil culture.

River Sea

The Greeks referred to the Jews as Judeos, or Jah deos or Yadavas, meaning people of Ya or descendants of Yadu, one of the sons of Yayati.
According to Vedic traditions and also as mentioned in Puranas there was a great flood around 10000 years ago where only Manu (Noah) and his family survived on the boat as mentioned in the Shatapatha Brahmana (1.8.1).
His important descendants are the Pauravas, Ayu, Nahusha, and Yayati. From Yayati came the five Vedic clans; the Purus, Anus, Druhyus, Turvashas, and Yadus (these clans later spread around the world). Thus the Yadavas or Jah deos or Judeos are an extension of the same Vedic culture or Indo-aryan culture or race. Rishi (Saint ) Kapila might have imparted the wisdom in the form of Kabbalah to the Yadavas before they were called Judeos by the Greeks.

@Bharat Jhunjhunwala @GoodAttention @paarsurrey @Soandso @Gautam

Let's take a look at what @Gautam wrote

@Gautam wrote: The Greeks referred to the Jews as Judeos, or Jah deos or Yadavas, meaning people of Ya or descendants of Yadu, one of the sons of Yayati

@Gautam wrote: Yadavas or Jah deos or Judeos are an extension of the same Vedic culture or Indo-aryan culture or race. Rishi (Saint ) Kapila might have imparted the wisdom in the form of Kabbalah to the Yadavas before they were called Judeos by the Greeks.

Your thoughts please?

GoodAttention

@Bharat Jhunjhunwala @GoodAttention @paarsurrey @Soandso @Gautam

Let's take a look at what @Gautam wrote

@Gautam wrote: The Greeks referred to the Jews as Judeos, or Jah deos or Yadavas, meaning people of Ya or descendants of Yadu, one of the sons of Yayati

@Gautam wrote: Yadavas or Jah deos or Judeos are an extension of the same Vedic culture or Indo-aryan culture or race. Rishi (Saint ) Kapila might have imparted the wisdom in the form of Kabbalah to the Yadavas before they were called Judeos by the Greeks.

Your thoughts please?

Timeline is important, when are these claims being made? Greeks came to India in 300BCE.

I do not adhere to Vaishnavism, therefore I reject this.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
@Soandso I never heard of Old Avestan, who are the Old Avestans?
That is why I said 'do not try to understand 'Aryan'. You would need two years in college to understand Aryan, Tamils, Caste and Varna.
So the Hebrews do consider Havilah in India; that's amazing because I saw Havilah as the Garden of Eden.
Read and not write. Silence is the best policy. Otherwise you make people laugh. Who said that? Bharat Jhunjhunwala?
What is the meaning of KMT?
Don't know that?
Kuomintang, Republic of China political party, kmt.org.tw

I have always wondered why Jews look exactly like Yadavas. Bharat Jhunjhunwala must be right.
iu

Last edited:

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
That is why I said 'do not try to understand 'Aryan'. You would need two years in college to understand Aryan, Tamils, Caste and Varna.

Read and not write. Silence is the best policy. Otherwise you make people laugh. Who said that? Bharat Jhunjhunwala?

Don't know that?
Kuomintang, Republic of China political party, kmt.org.tw

I have always wondered why Jews look exactly like Yadavas. Bharat Jhunjhunwala must be right.
iu
Kmt is kemet

GoodAttention

Linguistics, and the spread of certain words and language forms northwards through a process of semantic borrowing and narrowing.

Yes, but the spread would have to have taken 5000 years to reach Scandinavia from Egypt, and have gone through multiple languages to do so.

Loan words tend to be from direct contact, so whilst possible, I don't think it plausible.

Also, my opinion is Havi means red ochre, not high.

GoodAttention

Red ochre is the "highest" of ochres ;)

And I don't think it's that implausible. As languages are nice fluid things that reach as far back as they do forward.

For your interest I give you Tamil for Odin. I read that there is an element of 3 for Odin also, which I find very fascinating.

உட்கண்​

uṭ-kaṇ n. id. +. Mind's eye,insight, wisdom; ஞானம் நெஞ்சென்னும் உட்கண்ணேற் காணும் (திவ். இயற். பெரியதிருவந். 28).

The k sound shifts to h in Germanic sound shift, so ut-han. I wonder if in Proto-Norse Odin was udin, as in put.

What is also interesting is the kan, which means eye. In Tamil there is no plural for eye, so it is either eye or "two eyes", meaning both eyes.

Many thanks for sending me down this path!

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
For your interest I give you Tamil for Odin. I read that there is an element of 3 for Odin also, which I find very fascinating.

உட்கண்​

uṭ-kaṇ n. id. +. Mind's eye,insight, wisdom; ஞானம் நெஞ்சென்னும் உட்கண்ணேற் காணும் (திவ். இயற். பெரியதிருவந். 28).

The k sound shifts to h in Germanic sound shift, so ut-han. I wonder if in Proto-Norse Odin was udin, as in put.

What is also interesting is the kan, which means eye. In Tamil there is no plural for eye, so it is either eye or "two eyes", meaning both eyes.

"Oh"-thun is the more accurate pronunciation imo.

ie Othan

Edit:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I am no Sanskrit scholar, but look at this - 'Utkhandith' - One who has gone to a higher level.
Like Uttarakhand in India - Land portion in the North.

GoodAttention

I am no Sanskrit scholar, but look at this - 'Utkhandith' - One who has gone to a higher level.
Like Uttarakhand in India - Land portion in the North.

Utkan as mentioned above is the "mind's eye".

When adding "dith", this then becomes "what the mind's eye has seen".

If Sanskrit and Tamil are siblings, there is one that is always climbing on the other's back ;)

River Sea

Help me I was showing the time line help me

@GoodAttention hlep me

@GoodAttention Is it 6th-century BCE, or the 7th-century BCE time period of what @Gautam wrote: I looked up Rishi (Saint) Kapila online, and now @IndigoChild5559 accused me of thinking Indians were superior. Will you help me with this @GoodAttention

This thread is called: kabbalah is from Kapila Muni

@Bharat Jhunjhunwala @GoodAttention
Will you help me with this? @IndigoChild5559 accused me of being racist because @IndigoChild5559 thinks I'm thinking Indians are superior.

I never said that what @IndigoChild5559 said.

I was showing @GoodAttention the time period to what @Gautam wrote: Rishi (Saint ) Kapila might have imparted the wisdom in the form of Kabbalah to the Yadavas before they were called Judeos by the Greeks.

@GoodAttention Is it 6th-century BCE, or the 7th-century BCE time period of what @Gautam wrote: I looked up Rishi (Saint) Kapila online, and now @IndigoChild5559 accused me of thinking Indians were superior. Will you help me with this @GoodAttention

Here's what @Gautam wrote

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Help me I was showing the time line help me

@GoodAttention hlep me

Once you abandon thinking about what trash Bharat Jhunjhunwala writes, you will be able to understand. Till you do not do that, nobody can help.
Make Wikipedia your guide, whether it is information on Yadavas or it is about Hebrews.
Indians are just like other people. We have indigenous people, people from Africa, from East Asia, from Central Asia, from Middle-East and from West. More in some cases, less in others. Indian people are a great mix.