• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Banning ‘Woke’ Words in State Documents, Arkansas Governor Signs Executive Order

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
Millions of assaults happen every year - about 25% of them in public places.

Yes, they do happen a lot. It's regrettable, but it is the world we live in. Life is full of risks, as I alluded to in my previous post. No sense in trying to shelter people from "dangers" that aren't there, though - especially when those "dangers" are based on feelings and not evidence

Other than being visually and to some degree auditorially(?) isolated ;)

Just like elevators, stairwells, and alleys. Are we gonna start controlling who uses what areas for their own good as well, or are we just sticking with bathrooms and lockers? Like, how much do we want to control the population for their own good?

The whole trans thing is BASED on feelings.

Really? It's a good thing you've cracked the code for trans people. Now that you've figured this out, all they have to do is tell them to get over themselves and stop being trans. Problem solved

So their feelings are more important than the feelings of women?

Why are you conflating the feelings of some women with all women? There have been several here who have told you that they don't mind sharing restrooms with trans folks. Do their feelings not matter, or just the ones that agree with you?

Why did women fight for safe spaces in the first place? Were they just being bigots?

Depends on the context. Were they fighting to be free of having to share the same space as "colored people" or trans folks? If so, I'd say yes

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Really? It's a good thing you've cracked the code for trans people. Now that you've figured this out, all they have to do is tell them to get over themselves and stop being trans. Problem solved

My understanding is that a trans person feels they are in the wrong body. Do I have that wrong?

Why are you conflating the feelings of some women with all women? There have been several here who have told you that they don't mind sharing restrooms with trans folks. Do their feelings not matter, or just the ones that agree with you?

Your team's data indicates that almost half of women do care. So do you think we should disregard the feelings of a 150 million women to accommodate a handful of trans people?

Depends on the context. Were they fighting to be free of having to share the same space as "colored people" or trans folks? If so, I'd say yes

It had nothing to do with race, and everything to do with sex. Nice dodge though.

In this one post of yours you've displayed a callous disregard for women several times.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I've had this conversation several times on RF, and I cannot recall whether you and I have had it or not, so here goes:
We've already had this conversation.
The thorny problem is that some trans women do not care if they look like men. Some of them even have beards. So this means that PEOPLE WHO LOOK LIKE MEN are going into women's safe spaces. restroom, locker rooms, safe houses, shelters, and so on.
We're still left with the same "problem" then, aren't we? If it all comes down to genitals, that is.

And don't think I didn't notice that you changed the subject from a person who looks like a woman entering a women's bathroom (which is what the prior post was actually about), to "trans women who do not care if they look like men" with beards entering "women's safe spaces."
I don't think that having genital checkers is a good solution - hey, we agree on that point!
Great!
But further, in a locker room situation, even if a trans woman looks like a woman, if he still has his male genitalia and if he undresses in front of other women, he is disrespecting their privacy rights, possibly even their religious sensibilities.

This is a real, thorny problem.
We've discussed this already as well.

icehorse

Premium Member
And don't think I didn't notice that you changed the subject from a person who looks like a woman entering a women's bathroom (which is what the prior post was actually about), to "trans women who do not care if they look like men" with beards entering "women's safe spaces."
I didn't change the topic, there are several related situations that we've been discussing.

We've discussed this already as well.

That sounds right. I guess we should agree to disagree?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
My understanding is that a trans person feels they are in the wrong body. Do I have that wrong?

Your team's data indicates that almost half of women do care. So do you think we should disregard the feelings of a 150 million women to accommodate a handful of trans people?
It does? Where? Care how? In what way?
It had nothing to do with race, and everything to do with sex. Nice dodge though.
I thought it was a pretty decent point.
In this one post of yours you've displayed a callous disregard for women several times.
I disagree with this statement.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I didn't change the topic, there are several related situations that we've been discussing.
You did. The point of contention was that I was pointing out how you didn't answer a question about a person who looks like a woman going into a woman's rest room. There was an actual photo and everything.

Now suddenly we're talking about people with beards entering bathrooms.

And I've pointed out that even when it comes to people with beards entering washrooms, we still don't know what genitals they've got, exactly as it is in the first situation we were talking about.
That sounds right. I guess we should agree to disagree?
I guess, because you don't seem to have taken in anything I've said on that subject.

JDMS

Academic Workhorse
Your team likes to try to make the rules. I'm not having it.

I'll answer your questions a long as you're answering mine.

Come on, team and coach! What's the next move?!

Just because more people here disagree with you than those who agree with you, you whine and claim they are ganging up on you as a team.

Ridiculous.

JDMS

Academic Workhorse

Where is YOUR team, then, if it's so big? Why aren't there tons of women here on this forum, where they can express their feelings freely, backing you up on these threads? Peculiar...

I must say though, it warms my heart to see the sympathetic, reasonable and kind-hearted people on this forum speak louder than the opposition using facts.

icehorse

Premium Member
Come on, team and coach! What's the next move?!

Just because more people here disagree with you than those who agree with you, you whine and claim they are ganging up on you as a team.

Ridiculous.

There is a predictability to the arguments and tactics that your team uses. I don't imagine you somehow get together and plot this stuff. But I do think you've all drunk the same koolaid. :)
Where is YOUR team, then, if it's so big?
It doesn't have to be popular to b correct, correct? And it's out there, and I've posted links, and I get responses like:

- TLDR
- biased
- gish gallop

Two things I notice from your team over and over again are:

- your inability (or perhaps refusal?), to separate the message from the messenger
- your inability (or perhaps refusal?), to think past sound bites

Some things cannot accurately be reduced to sound bites

JDMS

Academic Workhorse
There is a predictability to the arguments and tactics that your team uses. I don't imagine you somehow get together and plot this stuff. But I do think you've all drunk the same koolaid. :)

It doesn't have to be popular to b correct, correct? And it's out there, and I've posted links, and I get responses like:

- TLDR
- biased
- gish gallop

Two things I notice from your team over and over again are:

- your inability (or perhaps refusal?), to separate the message from the messenger
- your inability (or perhaps refusal?), to think past sound bites

Some things cannot accurately be reduced to sound bites

Okay :D

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There is a predictability to the arguments and tactics that....
....you use.
- Refusal to answer questions.
- Hostility towards being asked the questions.
- Eliminating individuality by referring to "the team".

Be cautious about making it about teams.
You might loathe some that you find on yours.
2008_Anti-gay_protestors_in_San_Francisco-768x403.jpg