• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Banning ‘Woke’ Words in State Documents, Arkansas Governor Signs Executive Order

F1fan

Veteran Member
In post #746 I listed a bunch of famous and thoughtful people who have all spoken publicly, and at length on this topic and who all agree with my stance. I think I'm in good company.
Who cares? Being famous doesn't prevent the person from being a narrow-minded bigot. If they are a famous bigot, they are still a bigot. BTW, your statement is a fallacy.
I guess my bad attitude towards trans people came out when I said:

"we should find win-win solutions for women and trans people"

or maybe my true colors came out when I said:

"Dress however you please.
Call yourself whatever you like.
Sleep with any consenting adult who’ll have you.
Live your best life in peace and security."

Yeah, what a transphobe I am :rolleyes:
Your anti-trans prejudice is exposed in most everything you post. Your indifference to what trans people experience in society is a moral failure.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Who cares? Being famous doesn't prevent the person from being a narrow-minded bigot. If they are a famous bigot, they are still a bigot.

These people have all thought a lot about these topics and they all have a lot to lose by speaking out about them. As opposed to... a few anonymous posters on RF?

So I'll ask this question again (I've been asking this for weeks now on RF, and have yet to get a thoughtful answer):

What did JK Rowling say that was transphobic, and if you provide a quote, explain why it's transphobic.

It's easy to cry "bigot", but how about explaining why? Specifically.

Your anti-trans prejudice is exposed in most everything you post. Your indifference to what trans people experience in society is a moral failure.

Completely non-responsive - just mindless mud slinging. How about a few examples?
argumentum ad celebritatum

These people have all written successful (mostly non-fiction), books. We're not talking about movie stars.

What's your CV?

F1fan

Veteran Member
These people have all thought a lot about these topics and they all have a lot to lose by speaking out about them. As opposed to... a few anonymous posters on RF?

So I'll ask this question again (I've been asking this for weeks now on RF, and have yet to get a thoughtful answer):

What did JK Rowling say that was transphobic, and if you provide a quote, explain why it's transphobic.

It's easy to cry "bigot", but how about explaining why? Specifically.
I don't care, she's not a member on RF arguing a position. What you have stated as your position I find insensitive and morally indifferent. Of the posts your have submitted I still have no idea what your gripe is against trans people. That you can't articulate it suggests it is some deep ingrained prejudice that you may not have awareness of, but know it is there enough to react through. The threat you say they pose is not from trans people, but society accepting them and accommodating them and their needs.
Completely non-responsive - just mindless mud slinging. How about a few examples?

These people have all written successful (mostly non-fiction), books. We're not talking about movie stars.
I don't care anything about them. What do they have to do with your prejudice against trans? Can't you think for yourself, and stand on your own?
What's your CV?
I don't know what CV stands for.

icehorse

Premium Member
What you have stated as your position I find insensitive and morally indifferent. Of the posts your have submitted I still have no idea what your gripe is against trans people. That you can't articulate it suggests it is some deep ingrained prejudice that you may not have awareness of, but know it is there enough to react through. The threat you say they pose is not from trans people, but society accepting them and accommodating them and their needs

You are grossly misrepresenting what I've said. Why is that?
What do they have to do with your prejudice against trans? Can't you think for yourself, and stand on your own?
hahaha! First I'm wrong because no one agrees with me, and now I'm wrong because some best selling authors do agree with me :)

icehorse

Premium Member
Here's my thing: if and when a you encounter a transgender person, I doubt your experience will be what you are describing in your posts. Worry about it then.

Here's my thing: My concerns are about trans activism, not trans people. I have met a couple of trans people, and am acquainted with one. None of them are activists. It appears that some of the trans people on RF are activist-leaning, and some are not.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Here's my thing: My concerns are about trans activism, not trans people. I have met a couple of trans people, and am acquainted with one. None of them are activists. It appears that some of the trans people on RF are activist-leaning, and some are not.
Regardless, you are arguing in favour of discrimination against transgender people. That is what you are doing. You can blame "trans activists", but you are doing that.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
There are males and transgender males,
Not cis-males and males
Still rambling about that stuff thata just as real as an acid trip?
Quit lying and misrepresenting things not happening, especially when you've already beej called out on it. No one is saying you qre a cisman while transmen are men. No one, so cut the crap.

icehorse

Premium Member
Here's my thing: if and when a you encounter a transgender person, I doubt your experience will be what you are describing in your posts. Worry about it then.

icehorse

Premium Member
Regardless, you are arguing in favour of discrimination against transgender people. That is what you are doing. You can blame "trans activists", but you are doing that.

Why are you mischaracterizing my posts?

What part of "we need to find win-win solutions" adds up discrimination? If anything, it's you who are discriminating against women.

My goal is to discriminate against NEITHER group.

Shadow Wolf

Yup. And the efforts at dodging questions and ignoring answers to pull it off with a falling apart wet cardboard box appearance of success is legendary.

icehorse

Premium Member
Yup. And the efforts at dodging questions and ignoring answers to pull it off with a falling apart wet cardboard box appearance of success is legendary.
by all means, continue grossly mischaracterizing the thread, it's not at all blatantly transparent :facepalm:

Shadow Wolf

by all means, continue grossly mischaracterizing the thread, it's not at all blatantly transparent :facepalm:
Mischaracterizing the thread? That's why I doubt, very much so, certain claims you've made. And with things like ignoring answers given to you, dodging questions asked of you, calling blatant disagreement an agreement and failing at length now at defining a "trans activist" as anything beyond mumbojumbo boogeyman. Add in your refusal to properly gender people and lump suming everyone into tye same "team" amd yeah, that's why people call you a transphobe amd endless eviscerate your very poor positions such as thinking a famous person is qualified to speak of it. Hey! I know! Let's ask Ted Nugent what the Natives are like. He's super famous so his opinion must certainly count for something above those like Natives and archeologists who made iy their luves studying them.:facepalm:

Shadow Wolf

Mischaracterizing the thread? That's why I doubt, very much so, certain claims you've made. And with things like ignoring answers given to you, dodging questions asked of you, calling blatant disagreement an agreement and failing at length now at defining a "trans activist" as anything beyond mumbojumbo boogeyman. Add in your refusal to properly gender people and lump suming everyone into tye same "team" amd yeah, that's why people call you a transphobe amd endless eviscerate your very poor positions such as thinking a famous person is qualified to speak of it. Hey! I know! Let's ask Ted Nugent what the Natives are like. He's super famous so his opinion must certainly count for something.:facepalm:

icehorse

Premium Member
Mischaracterizing the thread? That's why I doubt, very much so, certain claims you've made. And with things like ignoring answers given to you, dodging questions asked of you, calling blatant disagreement an agreement and failing at length now at defining a "trans activist" as anything beyond mumbojumbo boogeyman. Add in your refusal to properly gender people and lump suming everyone into tye same "team" amd yeah, that's why people call you a transphobe amd endless eviscerate your very poor positions such as thinking a famous person is qualified to speak of it. Hey! I know! Let's ask Ted Nugent what the Natives are like. He's super famous so his opinion must certainly count for something above those like Natives and archeologists who made iy their luves studying them.:facepalm:

Why do you insist on mischaracterizing my posts? You understand that some people will actually read big parts of the thread and will see your tactics, right?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You are grossly misrepresenting what I've said. Why is that?

hahaha! First I'm wrong because no one agrees with me, and now I'm wrong because some best selling authors do agree with me :)
Methinks you're responding to too many people
who oppose your views. That can be highly tedious.
Ignore some posts (except mine), & let equanimity
improve. You'll have more time to consider how
to present your thoughts, making them clearer,
& you'll be less annoyed.

Orbit

I'm a planet
So you're concerned about people on twitter? What good is that? Sounds like a waste of time to me.