• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Be Offended By the Post Above You

4consideration

Premium Member
Pictures? Those are emoticons, not pictures! And your post says you edited it for "Improvement"? If that's an improvement, I can't imagine what it looked like before. More offensive, perhaps?

1. Emoticons are graphic pictures that convey emotion! Are you trying to be literally offensive? It's working.

2. How dare you look so closely at a lady's edit. That's just offensive! (Yeah, baby, I managed to throw one in there.) ;)

3. Please do not "imagine" before or after. That is personal and offensive. Now I'm going to feel self-conscious while changing -- my response. I'll feel like you are watching. Stop it!

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
1. Emoticons are graphic pictures that convey emotion! Are you trying to be literally offensive? It's working.

2. How dare you look so closely at a lady's edit. That's just offensive! (Yeah, baby, I managed to throw one in there.) ;)

3. Please do not "imagine" before or after. That is personal and offensive. Now I'm going to feel self-conscious while changing -- my response. I'll feel like you are watching. Stop it!

"Graphic pictures"? What is that? A violent or suggestive picture? All "graphics" are pictures, but not all pictures are graphic :sarcastic

As if I had to look closely, your edit was right there just screaming "look at me!" How offensive!

I am offended that you would even assume I would look on purpose :cover: Any glance would have been quite a mistake!

4consideration

Premium Member
"Graphic pictures"? What is that? A violent or suggestive picture? All "graphics" are pictures, but not all pictures are graphic :sarcastic

As if I had to look closely, your edit was right there just screaming "look at me!" How offensive!

I am offended that you would even assume I would look on purpose :cover: Any glance would have been quite a mistake!

I am offended that you are putting so much focus on graphic pictures, especially considering how you view them. It makes me wonder.

I am also offended by "I had to look closely." NO. You, sir, could have exercised some self-restraint and looked away. You saw it because you wanted to see it. As if... I believe that you HAD to look closely.

I am not going to fall for the little "cover eyes" emoticon. I can see you peeking through your fingers, mister!

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
The emoticon war seen above is highly offensive.:p:cover:

Like you have room to talk: why does your avatar keep looking at me like that?? What the hell is it thinking???

TELL IT TO QUIT JUDGING ME!!!!

Sorry, but do you know how offensive that is?

idav

Being
Premium Member
Like you have room to talk: why does your avatar keep looking at me like that?? What the hell is it thinking???

TELL IT TO QUIT JUDGING ME!!!!

Sorry, but do you know how offensive that is?

It sees that your avatar is holding a weapon. Keeps one eye open when asleep.

parabola2.jpg

4consideration

Premium Member
What is that guy doing with his hands? And his eyes -- it is so offensive the way that they seem to be looking through me. Not to mention that I can see his, er...bones!

idav

Being
Premium Member
This is obvious discrimination against other entities just for being different. Not cool, he's actually very friendly!

4consideration

Premium Member
I am so offended that you think everyone should not be just like me that I dropped a whole handful of mashed potatoes. Thanks for ruining my lunch!

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I am so offended that you think everyone should not be just like me that I dropped a whole handful of mashed potatoes. Thanks for ruining my lunch!

That's funny.
That you think everyone should be like you....
AND you dropped your lunch!

If we were like you, we could all lose some weight!

4consideration

Premium Member
That's funny.
That you think everyone should be like you....
AND you dropped your lunch!

If we were like you, we could all lose some weight!

Thief, I am offended that it seems I must instruct you on how to be properly offended by my posts.

For example, in the previous post...the most offensive part was not:

1. That I thought people should be like me (that's too easy)

2. That I was pretending to have been eating lunch in order to make my joke work

3. That I probably could stand to lose some weight, but that is not apparent in this post

The major point of my previous post, for which one ought to be offended is that I stated that I "dropped a whole handful of mashed potatoes" which would imply that I was eating it directly out of my hand, and not using a utensil -- which is customary and considered polite in the U.S. (where I live, and where I believe you live as well.) I may be wrong about that. If so, it would be acceptable for you to take offense at my assumption about where you live.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Thief, I am offended that it seems I must instruct you on how to be properly offended by my posts.

For example, in the previous post...the most offensive part was not:

1. That I thought people should be like me (that's too easy)

2. That I was pretending to have been eating lunch in order to make my joke work

3. That I probably could stand to lose some weight, but that is not apparent in this post

The major point of my previous post, for which one ought to be offended is that I stated that I "dropped a whole handful of mashed potatoes" which would imply that I was eating it directly out of my hand, and not using a utensil -- which is customary and considered polite in the U.S. (where I live, and where I believe you live as well.) I may be wrong about that. If so, it would be acceptable for you to take offense at my assumption about where you live.

The nerve! that you think you have what it takes to educate me!
and you don't have the social grace to use a fork!

I am sooooooooooooo offended!

Here's mash in your eye.

4consideration

Premium Member
The nerve! that you think you have what it takes to educate me!
and you don't have the social grace to use a fork!

I am sooooooooooooo offended!

Here's mash in your eye.

Yes I have a lot of nerve. Whether or not I have what it takes to educate you remains to be seen. ;)

I am offended that you do not recognize that I do have social grace -- but I use it sparingly. :D

No problem with your excessive use of ooooo's. We can keep working on that one. I don't expect you to get it the first few tries.

I am feeling conflicted about whether or not to be offended by the "mash in your eye" comment. I am inclined to go ahead and and accept it as the offense that it was intended to be, but I must acknowledge that those are not my real feelings at the moment. It feels rather endearing. :confused: Maybe I'll just take offense at the confusion it brought up for me. Yeah, that's it. I'm offended. How dare you?

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
Yes I have a lot of nerve. Whether or not I have what it takes to educate you remains to be seen. ;)

I am offended that you do not recognize that I do have social grace -- but I use it sparingly. :D

No problem with your excessive use of ooooo's. We can keep working on that one. I don't expect you to get it the first few tries.

I am feeling conflicted about whether or not to be offended by the "mash in your eye" comment. I am inclined to go ahead and and accept it as the offense that it was intended to be, but I must acknowledge that those are not my real feelings at the moment. It feels rather endearing. :confused: Maybe I'll just take offense at the confusion it brought up for me. Yeah, that's it. I'm offended. How dare you?

tl;dr

You offend me!

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
Yoda would never wear a hat. His ears would chaffe! You, madam, are a horrible man!

How dare you assume anything about Yoda? You don't know Yoda, you don't know his life! Maybe he likes to wear a top hat, maybe he likes to wear dresses in the evening while he reads or listens to the radio!

Nonetheless, he did not direct terrible movies! How offensive!

4consideration

Premium Member
How dare you assume anything about Yoda? You don't know Yoda, you don't know his life! Maybe he likes to wear a top hat, maybe he likes to wear dresses in the evening while he reads or listens to the radio!

Nonetheless, he did not direct terrible movies! How offensive!

How dare he assume about Yoda? How dare you assume about me. What the heck is this supposed to mean?

"tl;dr

You offend me!"

I'm not saying I don't know...I...I... I just want to see if you really do. Then I'll tell you what I am REALLY offended about.

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
How dare he assume about Yoda? How dare you assume about me. What the heck is this supposed to mean?

"tl;dr

You offend me!"

I'm not saying I don't know...I...I... I just want to see if you really do. Then I'll tell you what I am REALLY offended about.

Oh, so now you're manipulating me into telling you things?? I have two words for you, miss: Offensive, and Google!