• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bible Fails

QuestioningMind

I would say you making a thread like this and calling yourself a Christian trying to deny the very words of God you claim to believe and follow - shameful

Sounds as if you're saying that in order to be a Christian you have to practice self-imposed ignorance and simply pretend that all of the bible's many contradictions don't exist. How shameful.

3rdAngel

So those who do 'bad fruits' are non-Christians, and those who do 'good fruits' are Christians. Fair enough. But that passage doesn't specify what those fruits are. What are the fruits that differentiate Christiand from non-Christians. It does warn about those who call Him Lord and claim to come in his name. ;)

Unless we are born again according to the scriptures by believing and following God's Word we cannot produce the fruits of God *JOHN 3:3-7; JOHN 15:1-14. What do you think these scriptures are teaching in regards to fruit *JOHN 15:1-14; ROMANS 6:18-22; ROMANS 7:5; GALATIANS 5:19-25; EPHESIANS 5:9; MATTHEW 4:4; JOHN 3:16-21; ROMANS 6; ROMANS 7; ROMANS 8; 1 JOHN 2:3-4 and what do you think is the difference between the children of God and the children of the devil according to the scriptures *1 JOHN 3:6-10? Those who say Lord Lord did not do what they were told to do through his Word (no fruit). *MATTHEW 7:22-26.

You call yourself "christian" and you do not know what the fruits are of those who believe and follow God's Word and those who do not? According to the scriptures it is only those who believe and follow God's Word that are God's people (christian) *JOHN 10:26-27. The commission of a Christian is to lead all to believe and follow Gods' Word *MATTHEW 28:19-20.

What are your fruits and what are you doing?

Last edited:

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Unless we are born again according to the scriptures by believing and following God's Word we cannot produce the fruits of God *JOHN 3:3-7; JOHN 15:1-14. What do you think these scriptures are teaching in regards to fruit *JOHN 15:1-14; ROMANS 6:18-22; ROMANS 7:5; GALATIANS 5:19-25; EPHESIANS 5:9; MATTHEW 4:4; JOHN 3:16-21; ROMANS 6; ROMANS 7; ROMANS 8; 1 JOHN 2:3-4 and what do you think is the difference between the children of God and the children of the devil according to the scriptures *1 JOHN 3:6-10? Those who say Lord Lord did not do what they were told to do through his Word. *MATTHEW 7:22-26.

You call yourself "christian" and you do not know what the fruits are of those who believe and follow God's Word and those who do not? According to the scriptures it is only those who believe and follow God's Word that are God's people (christian) *JOHN 10:26-27. The commission of a Christian is to lead all to believe and follow Gods' Word *MATTHEW 28:19-20.

What are your fruits and what are you doing?

Well I can see your "fruits" involve judging others

3rdAngel

Sounds as if you're saying that in order to be a Christian you have to practice self-imposed ignorance and simply pretend that all of the bible's many contradictions don't exist. How shameful.

Not really. I have seen many of these supposed contradictions. When context is added it does not say what those who cherry pick scripture say they are saying. If you surface read it may appear that way until you read the surrounding contexts. I agree some things as a christian we believe by faith according to others that are eyewitnesses (e.g miracles, the super natural, creation) but this is no less then those who live by faith that cannot prove there is no God and that these things did not happen. What is shameful is you who cannot see your own contradictions in your own post living by faith as much as I do. :)

3rdAngel

Well I can see your "fruits" involve judging others
I do not judge you or anyone else here. It is the very scriptures you deny that are our judge come judgment day *JOHN 12:47-48. It is only the scriptures I am sharing here and what I believe they are teaching :)

Last edited:

Lyndon

Premium Member
Sorry but God is my only judge, not scriptures written thousands of years ago!!

Galateasdream

@3rdAngel

Would you be able/willing to condense all those passages into a list of qualifications for what it is to be a Christian?

I appreciate your motive here, I don't think you're assessing me from a bad place.

Please, just give me a clear definition so I can ascertain whether or not I am a Christian under your theology.

Lyndon

Premium Member
@3rdAngel

Would you be able/willing to condense all those passages into a list of qualifications for what it is to be a Christian?

I appreciate your motive here, I don't think you're assessing me from a bad place.

Please, just give me a clear definition so I can ascertain whether or not I am a Christian under your theology.

Well to start with it would involve going to church on Saturday, not believing in the soul, and believing a serial plagiarist is an inspired prophetess of God!!

QuestioningMind

Not really. I have seen many of these supposed contradictions. When context is added it does not say what those who cherry pick scripture say they are saying. If you surface read it may appear that way until you read the surrounding contexts. I agree some things as a christian we believe by faith according to others that are eyewitnesses (e.g miracles, the super natural, creation) but this is no less then those who live by faith that cannot prove there is no God and that these things did not happen. What is shameful is you who cannot see your own contradictions in your own post living by faith as much as I do. :)

Wow... so you claim that as a Christian YOU have seen many of these supposed contradictions. Yet, when the OP wants to discuss these supposed contradictions, instead of providing her with the explanation that you provided me, you claimed that she was just a so-called Christian and that it was shameful for her to even ask such a question.

Sounds to me as if your faith is actually quite weak and you feel threatened by anyone who questions it. Not shameful, but rather sad in my opinion.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Only two blue whales needed, but even that would strain to the bursting point. They were not "clean" by either the land animal definition, they do not have cloven hooves and chew their cud, or by the fish definition, they lack scales. But the Ark is a bedtime story for five year olds and nothing more. When a person cannot admit that they pretty much lose all credibility. There are countless facts that refute it. And only a book of myth that supports it.

My error, they don't have scales so are prohibited.

3rdAngel

@3rdAngel

You are correct, I am only sharing the scriptures simply as a help nothing more. Condensed and simply the scriptures teach (not me) the fruit of a "christian" is believing and following what God's Word says. The fruit of "unbelievers" is not doing what God's Word says (scriptures already provided in the earlier posts). :)

3rdAngel

Wow... so you claim that as a Christian YOU have seen many of these supposed contradictions. Yet, when the OP wants to discuss these supposed contradictions, instead of providing her with the explanation that you provided me, you claimed that she was just a so-called Christian and that it was shameful for her to even ask such a question. Sounds to me as if your faith is actually quite weak and you feel threatened by anyone who questions it. Not shameful, but rather sad in my opinion.

Not really. There are no contraditions. People have posted their information from Athiest websites and there are too many to go through that would not make any difference to those who choose not to believe. If you or anyone else would like an honest discussion your welcome to PM me. If not you have your faith and I have mine. Time will tell who is right and who is wrong. I am at peace with what I believe. How about you? :)

QuestioningMind

Not really. There are no contraditions. People have posted their information from Athiest websites and there are too many to go through that would not make any difference to those who choose not to believe. If you or anyone else would like an honest discussion your welcome to PM me. If not you have your faith and I have mine. Time will tell who is right and who is wrong. I am at peace with what I believe. How about you? :)

Yet, the OP attempted to initiate an honest discussion about these 'supposed' contradictions and all you did was insult her as not being a genuine Christian and called her shameful. As for my 'faith', I do not base my beliefs on any faith. I simply have a lack of faith or belief when it comes to your or any other god(s).

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Hand waving does not make contradictions go away.

james bond

How about the countless times that the Bible is wrong and "humans" are right? You are being inconsistent again.

Wrong. That never happens. Your counting is way off.

"And we have the prophetic word more fully confirmed, to which you will do well to pay attention has to a lamp shining in a dark place, until ithe day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts," Peter 1:19

"All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work." 1 Timothy 3:16-17

Next, we have the Bible scholars who have verified it as so, as well the believers who have done same. It has withstood the test of time.

OTOH, the stuff in Darwin's book has been demonstrated by science to be wrong. Do you want links :D?

Here's the big evidence for God that the Bible revealed to me in 2019. The best thing I've heard an atheist say was that it wasn't enough for God to move the stars to spell out, "I am here." He said the people in the southern hemisphere would not see it. Moreover God had to prove it to every atheist who ever lived and died as well as those born in the future. That's a tall order and his comment made front page news. Last year, I learned God already answered him with "Every eye will see" prophecy in Revelations. Thus, everything will be settled on Earth. Amazing.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Deuteronomy 20:13-14
Deuteronomy 21:10-13
As barbaric as it sounds that was not considered rape since women were possessions in the Bible. The rape of a virgin was a crime against the father, he is the one that the rapist would have to atone to with a monetary payment. The woman was now his "wife" since the Bible has a "You broke her you bought her" policy in regards to women.

Such fine morals:rolleyes:

PruePhillip

??? Are you confusing me for someone else?

No. My point is that there is a correlation between declining social & moral indicators
and the decline in religion and respect for the bible. So in a totally non-religious world
expect these indicators to be far worse, and things which once would land you in jail
or worse will be completely mainstream.