• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biblical Contradictions

Vadergirl123

For the purposes of this discussion, yes.

• This year's First Seder (the Passover meal) began at sundown (7:02 pm in Chicago) on Friday, April 6th, called 'Erev Pesach'.
  • The (Friday, 4/6) period prior to sundown - the period of the preparation of the seder - was the 14th of Nisan, 5772, on the Hebrew calendar.
  • Sundown inaugurated the 15th of Nisan (Pesach I), i.e., the first 24 hours of Passover.
Does that help?
I'm a little confused by what you're saying. Are you saying the passover meal began on the 14th? I thought it was the fifiteenth and the 14th was a day of preparation?

BobbyisStrange

The Adversary
Ok they would have prepared on the 14 and at sundown they would have eaten the meal...sundown would have made it the beginning of the 15th...not the next night...we would view it as the same night.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I'm a little confused by what you're saying. Are you saying the passover meal began on the 14th? I thought it was the fifiteenth and the 14th was a day of preparation?

First look here. Print it! Focus on Friday and Saturday, April 6th and 7th.

The Passover is prepared during the day of April 6th which, in the Hebrew year 5772, corresponds to the 14th of Nisan.

At sundown - roughly 7:30 pm - although it is still April 6th on the Gregorian calendar, the Hebrew date becomes to the 15th of Nisan. So, if you made the chicken soup at 5:30 and ate it at 8:30, both were done on the 6th of April, but the preparation occurred on the 14th of Nisan and the consumption on the 15th of Nisan.

BobbyisStrange

The Adversary

The Passover is prepared during the day of April 6th which, in the Hebrew year 5772, corresponds to the 14th of Nisan.

At sundown - roughly 7:30 pm - although it is still April 6th on the Gregorian calendar, the Hebrew date becomes to the 15th of Nisan. So, if you made the chicken soup at 5:30 and ate it at 8:30, both were done on the 6th of April, but the preparation occurred on the 14th of Nisan and the consumption on the 15th of Nisan.

Beautifully said...if she doesn't comprehend, I'm calling willful ignorance on the subject.

Vadergirl123

At sundown - roughly 7:30 pm - although it is still April 6th on the Gregorian calendar, the Hebrew date becomes to the 15th of Nisan. So, if you made the chicken soup at 5:30 and ate it at 8:30, both were done on the 6th of April,
Ver interesting
but the preparation occurred on the 14th of Nisan and the consumption on the 15th of Nisan.
I already posted something about this. The preparation's on the 14th and they eat it on the 15th. :D we aren't disagreeing over this point.

BobbyisStrange

The Adversary
Ver interesting

I already posted something about this. The preparation's on the 14th and they eat it on the 15th. :D we aren't disagreeing over this point.

No, you said jesus ate it the next night on the 15th...I cant let you pretend that all of a sudden you were saying the same thing. It all took place the same day/night as Jay so clearly pointed out.

Vadergirl123

No, you said jesus ate it the next night on the 15th...I cant let you pretend that all of a sudden you were saying the same thing. It all took place the same day/night as Jay so clearly pointed out.
I never said Jesus ate the passover on the 14th. I said they had the last supper on the 14th.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
The begining of Nisan 14 would have been the evening(which would have been the end of Nisan 13) then the lamb would have been roasted and then eaten it on the 15th, which would be the night(or the end of the 15th)

That was blatantly dishonest.

Dishonest? I never said Jesus ate the passover meal on the 14th. I said the 14th is the day he and his disciples had the Last supper.
You're been moved to the ignore list ... :rolleyes:

Vadergirl123

You're been moved to the ignore list ... :rolleyes:
You can ignore me if you want, but your posts just showed how I said the passover meal was eaten on the 15th(read over the first two posts). However I don't believe Jesus ate the passover meal, remember. I believe the last supper was a separate meal eaten on the 14th.

BobbyisStrange

The Adversary
You can ignore me if you want, but your posts just showed how I said the passover meal was eaten on the 15th(read over the first two posts). However I don't believe Jesus ate the passover meal, remember. I believe the last supper was a separate meal eaten on the 14th.

And you have been shown time and time again you are wrong...the only way you could possibly not see this would be willful ignorance. If they prepared the meal the 14th and ate a meal that night...it was the Passover meal. We can know what day it is because it says the first day of the feast of unleavened bread. I have given you biblical texts that show you they would eat the meal the same night..jay has shown you tradition as it is still held...you willfully and ignorantly try and make scripture say what you want it to mean...

Vadergirl123

the only way you could possibly not see this would be willful ignorance. If they prepared the meal the 14th and ate a meal that night...it was the Passover meal.
What??? I'm saying they ate a meal on the 14th. I'm not talking about the meal on the 15th. I'm saying the meal on the 14thIt was just the last supper. Do you NOT believe they ate a meal on the 14th? They COULDN'T HAVE EATEN THE PASSOVER MEAL ON THE 14TH!! I'm agreeing with both of you about this. However they did eat a meal on the 14th. Do you believe they didn't eat a meal on the 14th?

Vadergirl123

At sundown - roughly 7:30 pm - although it is still April 6th on the Gregorian calendar, the Hebrew date becomes to the 15th of Nisan.
Here I'll use Jay's link to try to express what I'm saying better. He says that at roughly 7:30 it becomes the 15th. What I'm saying is the meal Jesus and his disciples ate was BEFORE this time, so it couldn't have been a passover meal. They had a meal on the 14th. Maybe they had the meal around 5/6 P.M. and THIS MEAL is what I'm saying is the last supper. I'm not talking about the meal ON THE 15th.(Again I agree with y'all that the passover meal was eaten on the 15th.)