• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biden 2024. Why, or why not

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I'd prefer the Democratic party back a different candidate. Not because Biden isn't an outstanding statesman (he is) but because we desperately need candidates who better reflect where the younger voting blocks are at. Getting voters of my generation and younger to get out and bother is what will make or break elections in the foreseeable future. That Biden could accomplish more amazing things in a second term will be a foregone point if he can't energize the youth vote.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
In many ways, Biden is doing much better than his own nation is giving him credit for, which I don't understand except perhaps a mass inability to read and analyse, and besides, as @Revoltingest said, he's not Trump.

At this point, after having watched the Republican party more carefully for about 8 years, I would not trust a Republican government at all, and I don't think that at present, the Democrats have anyone better than Biden in the lineup who could actually manage a win.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Why...
- He's not Trump.
In many ways, Biden is doing much better than his own nation is giving him credit for, which I don't understand except perhaps a mass inability to read and analyse, and besides, as @Revoltingest said, he's not Trump.

At this point, after having watched the Republican party more carefully for about 8 years, I would not trust a Republican government at all, and I don't think that at present, the Democrats have anyone better than Biden in the lineup who could actually manage a win.
And as usual, it is forgotten or selectively disregarded that there are more than two parties' candidates running in every presidential election that are "not Trump" or Republican.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Republicans have made themselves unworthy of power,
ie, a Christian fundamentalist cult led by Trump.
Let's hope that changes.

Last edited:

David1967

Premium Member
And as usual, it is forgotten or selectively disregarded that there are more than two parties' candidates running in every presidential election that are "not Trump" or Republican.
I agree. If only we had a strong third party candidate who actually had a chance. I'm not a member of either the democrat or republican party and think both parties have gone too far left or right of center.

anna.

colors your eyes with what's not there

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Are you for or against a second term for Joe Biden? Why or

Just adopted voting strategy. I run both candidates through, just did it for current election. Voted for 2 Democrats and 3 Republicans.
Did they do anything to help me personally, Yes vote for them No next Question.
Did they do something that I don't like, Yes vote for the other person No next Question.
Are the 70 or older Yes vote for the person under 70 No next question
Do I like the current trends in their section of government Yes vote to encourage trends No next question.

Based on this new strategy at the second question Trump fails for me so I will have to vote for Biden. Biden didn't pass just doesn't fail.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Against. Don't vote for evil no matter how "lesser."
So, Biden is "evil"? I don't think many Pubs in the Senate would agree with you on that if they could speak freely and not have to worry about being Trumped or being against the party.

tytlyf

Not Religious
I agree. If only we had a strong third party candidate who actually had a chance. I'm not a member of either the democrat or republican party and think both parties have gone too far left
What would you consider a far-left position by Democrats? What policy is far-left?

Alien826

No religious beliefs
Biden.

He somehow managed to beat Trump in 2020, against all expectations. For that he was "the man of the hour", more so than any other Democrat contenders. Imagine what a second Trump term would have brought about.

He's done a lot better in power than people seem to think. You have to factor in the political landscape when making a judgment. He's done well in foreign policies. Imagine Trump in power for the last three years.

His age is a factor, and people are probably right to be worried about Kamala if he were to fall off the twig while in office. I'm not 100% sure that is fair, but whatever. First he has to get elected. I do wish he would hand over the reins to someone else, for these reasons, and I can't believe there is nobody qualified for the job, if we had started looking a while ago. Unfortunately both competence and charisma are required. Hmmm, how about a salesman for POTUS and Biden as VP? Might be a good team. The Pres would do all the BS stuff and consult Biden when experience was needed.