• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biden 2024. Why, or why not

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Are you for or against a second term for Joe Biden? Why or why not?
Anyone voting for Biden or Trump needs to seriously have their head examined.

We need to demand better quality people, smarter intelligent people, whom are not being allowed by those who instead choose our candidates for us with a selection not even worthy of the term remotely qualified.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
So, Biden is "evil"? I don't think many Pubs in the Senate would agree with you on that if they could speak freely and not have to worry about being Trumped or being against the party.
They are all evil

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Abortion isn't the only thing that matters in this world. That's how the Repubs got into the mess they are now in.
What do you mean about abortion? That the reps need to let it go?

Alien826

No religious beliefs
What do you mean about abortion? That the reps need to let it go?

Here's how I see it. For years the GOP got votes from pro-life folk by opposing abortion at election times. They knew they would never have to follow through with Roe in place, but it was useful to get a reliable demographic on their side. Then like the dog that caught the car, they actually got Roe overturned and they found that it was a mixed blessing to say the least, as a majority of the country is pro-choice and resented having their rights taken away.

What they should do is up to them. They seem to be between a rock and a hard place. If they continue to oppose abortion they will still lose "moderate" voters. If they drop it, they lose the pro-life voters. I see they are trying to soften their stance in some places, like with this "15 week" proposal. You see how far that got.

Their next step could be an attempt to pass a federal abortion ban. I think that would be a big mistake, but we'll see.

In general, and this is about a lot more than abortion, I think their best way forward would be to drop Trump, accept the inevitable political losses in the short to medium term, and attempt to rebuild the party along whatever lines they see fit.

Bthoth

I'm not super focused on news but it seems like he is trying to please the pro-Israel and pro-palestine people, depending on how he is polling.
I dont know what is pro-palestinian about this event. Not a one person that I have come across supported what HAMAS did....

On TV, i have observed claims that lebonnese and iranian people cheered the 10/7 atrocity.

Trying to stop the genocidal massacre that israel is committing is not propalestine. It's just being humane.

"WE the people" are pro-israel about naturally but the atrocities that israel is committing, are just wrong.

Bthoth

Biden. I weighed in on Trump's many negative attributes in another thread. Trump isn't easily swayed, except by his own ego.
Trump flip flops like a fish out of water.

He turns on anyone that questions his choice of action. He expects unquestionable authority.

Look at how many of his own attorneys have been disbarred. They must do his bidding or they will not be paid.

Heck he turned on his own VP, Mike Pence for doing his job.

I could just imagine how nasty that SOB is to his own wife.

Bthoth

Then like the dog that caught the car,
Boxers

they actually got Roe overturned and they found that it was a mixed blessing to say the least, as a majority of the country is pro-choice and resented having their rights taken away.
Solid reality
What they should do is up to them. They seem to be between a rock and a hard place.
Flip flop depending on the location of the campaigning.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Trump flip flops like a fish out of water.

He turns on anyone that questions his choice of action. He expects unquestionable authority.

Look at how many of his own attorneys have been disbarred. They must do his bidding or they will not be paid.

Heck he turned on his own VP, Mike Pence for doing his job.

I could just imagine how nasty that SOB is to his own wife.
I guess I meant more that he seems very extreme in his views and doesn't give in easily. Oh, he has no problem turning on those who don't kiss his huge rear end.