• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biden 2024. Why, or why not

Bthoth

I guess I meant more that he seems very extreme in his views and doesn't give in easily. Oh, he has no problem turning on those who don't kiss his huge rear end.
He keeps focus on what people like to hear, not that he does anything about it.

If the public knew that HE was going to over turn ROE.vs WADE by putting in judges that would do what he wants, they would not have voted him into office

PureX

Veteran Member
I'm not super focused on news but it seems like he is trying to please the pro-Israel and pro-palestine people, depending on how he is polling.
Actually, what Biden is mostly trying to do is limit the scale of the conflict. If Iran decided to join Hamas' war against Israel we could end up having to get involved. Which in turn could bring other nations into it. Iran's radical factions have already sent drones to attack US bases in the region. And the US retaliated by destroying their major munitions bunkers. Iran is not controlled by one clear ruling faction, it has several that do not always agree.

Nothing Biden says at this point is going to dissuade Israel from it's lust for vengeance. And we need other countries like Iran to understand what will happen to them if they dare to get involved. But we also need them to know that we, and the rest of the world, recognize the horrible suffering being inflicted on innocent Arabs as Israel exacts it vengeance. And this is why you're seeing Biden "talking out of both sides of his face". He needs to convey two very different messages to the Arab world right now; one a warning, and the other a recognition of their grievance.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I would be against Biden, because of Biden's abuse of the office for personal gain.
What supposed "personal gain", and ain't you aware of the fact that Trump violated the Emolument Clause of the Constitution when he continued to make profits on his companies when president by not putting them into temporary receivership?

By chance, do you get your "news" from Fox and or Breitbart?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
He keeps focus on what people like to hear, not that he does anything about it.

If the public knew that HE was going to over turn ROE.vs WADE by putting in judges that would do what he wants, they would not have voted him into office
Don't forget Mitch McConnell's role in getting those justices in -- mostly through sheer hypocritical chicanery.

rocala

Thank you for the link @Twilight Hue. A quick scan, I am in work at the moment, reveals it to be a curious document IMO.
Point 2 for example. Surely trying to save the world goes far beyond the left/right divide?
Point 4. Tax breaks for the wealthy cannot, by any stretch of the imagination be considered left, let alone far left.
Point 9. I am not sure how this falls into either camp without an explanation of why?

anna.

colors your eyes with what's not there
Thank you for the link @Twilight Hue. A quick scan, I am in work at the moment, reveals it to be a curious document IMO.
Point 2 for example. Surely trying to save the world goes far beyond the left/right divide?
Point 4. Tax breaks for the wealthy cannot, by any stretch of the imagination be considered left, let alone far left.
Point 9. I am not sure how this falls into either camp without an explanation of why?

I noticed several points don't have a supporting link and the ones that do are circular, linking to gop talking points.

PureX

Veteran Member
Bottom line is one guy has done quite well in spite of his age and the GOP's intent to thwart any positive action by the democrats or the president by any means they can, and the other guy has promised to destroy the judiciary and install himself as the permanent dictator of a new fascist and deeply Disunited States.

The fact that we're even considering this a "choice" is very sad and scary.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I agree. If only we had a strong third party candidate who actually had a chance. I'm not a member of either the democrat or republican party and think both parties have gone too far left or right of center.
The republicans have gone to far... left? o_O They're drifted significantly away from the center.

As for democrats, they're actually right of center by global standards and still serve corporate masters.

JIMMY12345

Are you for or against a second term for Joe Biden? Why or why not?
Biden is a good man and honest.This is why he will lose.
Social media rightly or wrongly give the IMPRESSION Americans are WORSE OFF.Voters always want a change so I think Trump will win.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Biden is a good man and honest.This is why he will lose.
Social media rightly or wrongly give the IMPRESSION Americans are WORSE OFF.Voters always want a change so I think Trump will win.
Frankly, I think so many Americans are in such a pissy mood that they wouldn't even support their own mother if she was in office.