• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black man harrassed by white neighbors for fishing in his own neighborhood.

Shaul

Premium Member
Is this what you are referring to, from the article?: "Drolet [president of Springwater Plantation’s board of directors] said he also spoke with one of Gibson’s family members to indicate which parts of the lake were off-limits for fishing. During the meeting, Drolet said Gibson appeared and told him that 'doesn’t really matter' and that that area of the lake has always been a place to fish and gaze."

I believe the point of the article is that Mr. Gibson had been singled out for fishing there, despite the fact that others had been fishing there all along. There has been a double standard applied that certainly appears to be a racial one.
He also brought in two car loads of friends even though he knew the lake was private property and not open to the public. The only "evidence" of others violating this private property comes from the testimony of Gibson. The same guy who has demonstrated he is willing to trespass just because he feels like it. Regardless of what anyone else may be doing, that doesn't justify Gibson trespassing to fish there. He is trespassing. He knows it. He continues to do so. He simply wants to do what he wants and not have the law apply to him. IMHO the Springwater Plantation association should seek an injunction and restraining order against him. Let the authorities deal with him.

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
He also brought in two car loads of friends even though he knew the lake was private property and not open to the public. The only "evidence" of others violating this private property comes from the testimony of Gibson. The same guy who has demonstrated he is willing to trespass just because he feels like it. Regardless of what anyone else may be doing, that doesn't justify Gibson trespassing to fish there. He is trespassing. He knows it. He continues to do so. He simply wants to do what he wants and not have the law apply to him. IMHO the Springwater Plantation association should seek an injunction and restraining order against him. Let the authorities deal with him.

If Mr. Gibson is breaking some law, I'm sure the authorities will deal with him. So far, the authorities don't seem to be involved.

IMO, people should stop having crap attacks over nothing, mind their own business, and leave others in peace. If Mr. Gibson is now, no doubt out of frustration, trolling these nosy neighbors who have styled themselves the Fishing Police, I can't say they didn't ask for it.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
So two cars immediately indicates that they were full to capacity and beyond?

The lake is private property to the residents of which he is one.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
If Mr. Gibson is breaking some law, I'm sure the authorities will deal with him. So far, the authorities don't seem to be involved.

IMO, people should stop having crap attacks over nothing, mind their own business, and leave others in peace. If Mr. Gibson is now, no doubt out of frustration, trolling these nosy neighbors who have styled themselves the Fishing Police, I can't say they didn't ask for it.
I don't know . . . It sounds awfully fishy to me.

Sorry, I'll be going now.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Wow. You obviously didn't read the article thoroughly, or not at all... Do realize that others here can read the same article and see that you're full of ****.

The lake was residents only, and he is a resident. Fishing is allowed with a permit there, of which he has. The cops have been called on him numerous times, but they never did anything because he never broke the law. The only ones who broke the law were some white guys fishing who weren't residents, and unlike Gibson were never harassed.

Going forward, please don't spam my thread with dishonest trash, thanks.

Shaul

Premium Member
So two cars immediately indicates that they were full to capacity and beyond?

The lake is private property to the residents of which he is one.
I never wrote that the cars were "full to capacity and beyond". :rolleyes: In point of fact Mr. Gibson is not a resident of Springwater Plantation. He is a resident of Columbus, Georgia.

Shaul

Premium Member
Wow. You obviously didn't read the article thoroughly, or not at all... Do realize that others here can read the same article and see that you're full of ****.

The lake was residents only, and he is a resident. Fishing is allowed with a permit there, of which he has. The cops have been called on him numerous times, but they never did anything because he never broke the law. The only ones who broke the law were some white guys fishing who weren't residents, and unlike Gibson were never harassed.

Going forward, please don't spam my thread with dishonest trash, thanks.
No, he actually isn't a resident of Sweetwater Plantation. Records show that Anthony Gibson is in fact a resident of Columbus, Georgia.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
No, he actually isn't a resident of Sweetwater Plantation. Records show that Anthony Gibson is in fact a resident of Columbus, Georgia.

Where does it say he lives in Columbus? The OP article said that he lived in the Sweetwater Plantation community.

Gibson moved to the community in 2021 with family members.

So, does he live there or not?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
That he repeatedly returned to the site even after knowing he wasn't authorized to do so, and with the expressed intention of capturing someone objecting casts HUGE doubt on the veracity of the claims from the man in the article.
It doesn't say he wasn't authorized. He's a resident and allowed, and it was pointed out that white non-residents who aren't supposed to be there weren't questioned.

Shaul

Premium Member
It doesn't say he wasn't authorized. He's a resident and allowed, and it was pointed out that white non-residents who aren't supposed to be there weren't questioned.
He is not a resident of Sweetwater Plantation. Records show that he is a resident of Columbus, Georgia.

Shaul

Premium Member
Where does it say he lives in Columbus? The OP article said that he lived in the Sweetwater Plantation community.

So, does he live there or not?
In both his TikTok account (the same account where he posted the videos) and this FB account he self identifies as a resident of Columbus, Georgia.

Secret Chief

Degrow!
If this is not overt racism then neither is this:

"Three times in one day, Anthony Gibson was asked by a black person what he was doing sitting by a pond in his neighborhood in Newnan, Georgia.
“Another black person came and bothered me while I’m fishing,” Gibson said.

Gibson, who is white and documents his experiences fishing for catfish, carp, crappies and other fish on the social platform, said he has started videotaping every time one of the black residents in his 200-home development, Springwater Plantation, confronts him, asking for his address and questioning whether he should be there. He told NBC News that he soon learned he wasn’t the only white resident of the community to be confronted by black neighbors."

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
In both his TikTok account (the same account where he posted the videos) and this FB account he self identifies as a resident of Columbus, Georgia.

The OP article states that he moved to the Sweetwater Plantation subdivision in 2021. He even states that he moved there specifically for the fishing, since he's an avid fisherman.

Are you suggesting he drove more than an hour from Columbus GA to Newnan GA just to fish at this subdivision so he could be harassed by white people to post it on TikTok? Are you saying that he's doing this on purpose just to play the race card?

It's possible that he opened his TikTok account and FB account while he was still living in Columbus, and maybe never updated his profile, which is a pretty common occurrence, actually. Some people may not want to put their exact location on their social media public profiles anyway, and there's no law I know of requiring them to do so.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The OP article states that he moved to the Sweetwater Plantation subdivision in 2021. He even states that he moved there specifically for the fishing, since he's an avid fisherman.

Are you suggesting he drove more than an hour from Columbus GA to Newnan GA just to fish at this subdivision so he could be harassed by white people to post it on TikTok? Are you saying that he's doing this on purpose just to play the race card?

It's possible that he opened his TikTok account and FB account while he was still living in Columbus, and maybe never updated his profile, which is a pretty common occurrence, actually. Some people may not want to put their exact location on their social media public profiles anyway, and there's no law I know of requiring them to do so.
I don't know. Makes perfect sense to me:rolleyes: Everyone knows that one's Twitter address has to be one's legal address. The security there is amazing!!

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
He is not a resident of Sweetwater Plantation. Records show that he is a resident of Columbus, Georgia.

"DailyMail.com has discovered that online records show that Gibson's father is registered as a homeowner in the gated community where the incident took place. As per the community's rules, Gibson was permitted to fish in the lake without a license as the guest of a resident."

Anthony Gibson is also an aspiring actor who originally moved to the gated community with his family (parents). He apparently spends time between both his parents' residence and his residence in Columbus. Quoted from OP's linked article: "Gibson moved to the community in 2021 with family members. As he and his family searched for a home, one of his requirements was being able to fish nearby."

Anthony Gibson may not be the homeowner (his father owns the home), but he is a resident in every other sense of the word.