• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black man harrassed by white neighbors for fishing in his own neighborhood.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
I never wrote that the cars were "full to capacity and beyond".
Two vehicles were mentioned in conjunction with friends of Mr. Gibson. You turned that into "car loads" which includes the description "full to capacity and beyond".
:rolleyes: In point of fact Mr. Gibson is not a resident of Springwater Plantation. He is a resident of Columbus, Georgia.
Where in that article does it say that he is not a resident of Springwater Plantation, when it says he is at least twice. Your claim is not consistent with the facts presented in the article. I just can't fathom why you would persist as you are.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
In both his TikTok account (the same account where he posted the videos) and this FB account he self identifies as a resident of Columbus, Georgia.
Oh. I see. Self-identifies. Well that is the case cracker. I self-identify as a Ferrari. I must be a Ferrari with the logic you are championing here.

Is it so difficult to admit you are wrong or that this man is, in all likelihood, a target of racial bias? I guess it must be considering the evidence I've seen. Well, I'm satisfied that I can ignore your opinion and move on. Thank you.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
If he was cooperative, then what is the problem? He's not saying it was the same resident multiple times.

A minority of blacks and whites will get out of line sometimes. So let's not flame it, eh?
It is the pattern that is the problem. They go after black people that they think should not be there, but not white people.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
It is the pattern that is the problem. They go after black people that they think should not be there, but not white people.
I've heard enough false and exaggerated racism claims to be skeptical of the presentation of the situation here. I'm saying 'I don't know and possibly it's a factor' but if everyone behaves legally and within community rules there is no big deal for sure.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I've heard enough false and exaggerated racism claims to be skeptical of the presentation of the situation here. I'm saying 'I don't know and possibly it's a factor' but if everyone behaves legally and within community rules there is no big deal for sure.
That is a real problem with any issue. There are always those that will exploit an issue for personal gain regardless of the material and societal damages. I don't see this particular example as one of those. I see a man doing what I would do if it were me in his shoes. I'd be ticked off and taking videos.

Last edited:

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
There seems to be a whole bunch of nervous Karens in that special community.

Karen: "So I'll just take a picture of your license plate now and forward it on..."

Forward it on to... The Fishing Police! :oncomingpolice:

Check out some of the things that the last guy in the video says to Mr. Gibson. Cussing him out and making a crack about his "white teeth." You've got to be some kind of apologist for racists not to catch the hate in those comments.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Did you watch the video that @Rachel Rugelach posted? Maybe you should change your mind in this case.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
How do you know that only
blacks have problems fishing?
The point was that the people in this case only call the cops on black people. White people that fish there on there own are not harassed, but a black person is. Yep, there are idiots all around the world, but they are not all racist idiots.

And as to fishing in a river, I have seen that vary from state to state too. Part of the problem can arise from the vagueness of the term "navigable waterway".

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Here is an article that goes over how property rights vary on rivers. Your male Karen may have been right and the police may have been wrong. If that was Georgia, and he owned both sides of the stream that was "his river" and his fish. But that appears to be more extreme than most:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Good point, it was the observation of the black fisherman that was "karened". But considering the overt racism of that one man that he encountered it does not seem to be an unjustified claim.
It seems that people always assume that if a
white person does something to a black person,
it's always racist.
I'm skeptical of claims of racism without some
evidence other than whitey is the perp.

Last edited:

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
Good point, it was the observation of the black fisherman that was "karened". But considering the overt racism of that one man that he encountered it does not seem to be an unjustified claim.

Also, even the guy from the community's homeowner's association had to admit there's a problem: "While Drolet described Springwater Plantation as a 'racially diversified community,' he admitted that an 'element of racism in which we view other people' is present there." (Quoted from the article linked in the OP)

I think that people who aren't seeing "an element of racism" in any of this (especially the venom spewed by the last guy in the video I posted) are being willfully blind to it. :(

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It seems that people always assume that if a
white person does something to a black person,
it's always presumed to be racist.
I'm skeptical of claims of racism without some
evidence other than whitey is the perp.
Once again, if you watch the video that @Rachel Rugelach provided there is no doubt that the second case was one of clear racism. Of the true Karen, the first person in the video, it is not so clear.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I'm passing on videos.
If it cannot be expressed in words, it just might be imagined.
And yet you posed one. I sense some inconsistency. And there is still a trust issue. If I told you the tone you would have to trust us. Heck, you would have to trust us for the words. So much easier to watch a video that was about as long as yours. I can understand when one puts up a long video. Ten minutes is too long. I have seen two or three hour videos of nonsense that others expect people to watch. In those cases your objection would have been valid.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Did you watch the video that @Rachel Rugelach posted? Maybe you should change your mind in this case.
Just watched the first lady in the video. That video made me way way LESS sympathetic to the black guy. I would assume residents have the right to ask if the person using the facilities is a resident. And the resident should respond politely. He WANTED to provoke a 'situation' obviously.

The real issue is what are the community's rules about handling such situations. We are not given that.