• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black man harrassed by white neighbors for fishing in his own neighborhood.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
And yet you posed one.
The ones I post are optional for those interested.
I've found most posted by others to be a waste of time.
I sense some inconsistency. And there is still a trust issue. If I told you the tone you would have to trust us. Heck, you would have to trust us for the words. So much easier to watch a video that was about as long as yours. I can understand when one puts up a long video. Ten minutes is too long. I have seen two or three hour videos of nonsense that others expect people to watch. In those cases your objection would have been valid.
I sense a rush to claim racism.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Just watched the first lady in the video. That video made me way way LESS sympathetic to the black guy. I would assume residents have the right to ask if the person using the facilities is a resident. And the resident should respond politely. He WANTED to provoke a 'situation' obviously.

The real issue is what are the community's rules about handling such situations. We are not given that.
Right, she was the third person that harassed him that day. Would you have patience with three people stinking their nose in your business in one one day? Would you have patience with even one? It appears that you are trying to defend racist behavior. If some stranger came up to you when you were walking in a local park and demanded your address what would you do?

You do not seem to understand that in no way can one self police such a situation.

And why no comment on the third one??

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
I'm passing on videos.
If it cannot be expressed in words, it just might be imagined.

Let me help you with that. Here's a transcript. This starts at around 3:00 in the video:

An angry White man whose property boundary is fenced off from the pond sees a Black man fishing on the other side of his fence and down an embankment.

Angry White Man: You're on private property. You see that fence? You don't cross that.

Black Guy Fishing: I didn't jump it.

Angry White Man: Hey! You didn't jump it, you walked around it!

Black Guy Fishing: [Tries to say something but is cut off.]

Angry White Man: You know why this is here? YOU KNOW WHY THIS IS HERE?? So ******** like you don't come into my house!

Black Guy Fishing: But you see, I'm fishing. I'm not worried about breaking into your property. I stay in the same neighborhood.

Angry White Man: I'm going to call the cops!

Black Guy Fishing: Not on me.

Angry White Man: On your car!

Black Guy Fishing: You can call on my car, I'm not doing nothing wrong. Hey, bro'. Come on, bro'.

Angry White Man: You see this? You go past that, you're on their property. Why don't you see a fence there? Cause nobody likes [insult is undecipherable] like you come through here.

Black Guy Fishing: Oh you don't like [undecipherable insult]?

Angry White Man: Like you!

Black Guy Fishing: Why am I a [undecipherable insult]?

Angry White Man: Do you live in this neighborhood?

Black Guy Fishing: Yes I do.

Angry White Man: You don't live in this neighborhood! You're lying, you piece of ****. Get the **** out of here!

Black Guy Fishing: Okay.

Angry White Man: GET THE **** OUT OF HERE!

Black Guy Fishing: I'm waiting on my buddy.

Angry White Man: Then get your buddy out of here!

Black Guy Fishing: That's what we're doing.

Angry White Man: Move it! Move it! Move it! Move it! MOVE IT!

Black Guy Fishing: Why are you threatening me for no reason? What are we doing?

Angry White Man: Nice teeth.*

*Not a compliment, but I'm not going to explain the racist trope.

Last edited:

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Right, she was the third person that harassed him that day. Would you have patience with three people stinking their nose in your business in one one day? Would you have patience with even one? It appears that you are trying to defend racist behavior. If some stranger came up to you when you were walking in a local park and demanded your address what would you do?

You do not seem to understand that in no way can one self police such a situation.
A private lake is different than a local park for access laws. Right? It appears you are too anxious to create racial problems. If I'm on a private lake I understand I can be asked about my access privileges. Seems clear to me.

And why no comment on the third one??

Didn't watch that far but just read the transcript above now. It got heated and who racialized it first? And we can watch videos all day of black and white and yellow people acting poorly. We probably disagree about the prevalence of racist behavior in society. I have seen more blacks acting inappropriately than whites in my lifetime of seeing confrontations between the races. But if you watch today's media it is almost all one way. Balderdash!

Shaul

Premium Member
Uh, nope. You're the one who brought up crime and challenged what was presented in the article. You made claims, therefore you substantiate them. Otherwise we'll simply continue to dismiss them as rubbish. :shrug:
Uh, yes. I brought up the possibility that he was trespassing but I also already provided substantiation for that. I mentioned the fact that he is not a resident by his own admission. That is substantiation. Unlike your assertion which was totally unsubstantiated. And everyone here can see it is you posting rubbish, not I.

Shaul

Premium Member
And yet you aren't actually showing us.
So you are saying you haven't even looked at his TikTok page yourself? Yet you accept the second hand account in the OP link. Interesting. I guess it isn't that important to you really if you can't be bothered to look it up yourself. I've seen them. I could even post a link to them. But I won't. His FB and TikTok pages are available. Go and find them yourself if you are truly interested.

Shaul

Premium Member
Two vehicles were mentioned in conjunction with friends of Mr. Gibson. You turned that into "car loads" which includes the description "full to capacity and beyond".
No it doesn't. You admit the cars contained his friends. That is enough regardless of the quantity. He isn't a resident of Springwater Plantation so he has no authority to invite anyone on to it.
Where in that article does it say that he is not a resident of Springwater Plantation, when it says he is at least twice. Your claim is not consistent with the facts presented in the article. I just can't fathom why you would persist as you are.
It doesn't say it in this article. If you had bothered to read my previous posts you would already know that Mr. Gibson himself identifies his residence as being in Columbus, Georgia on both his FB and TikTok account pages. I can't fathom why you couldn't be bothered to read the previous posts where I provided this nor bothered to look for the information yourself. It is YOU that is persisting in something in spite of clear evidence to the contrary. Mr. Gibson himself has stated publicly he is a resident of Columbus, Georgia.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
A private lake is different than a local park for access laws. Right? It appears you are too anxious to create racial problems. If I'm on a private lake I understand I can be asked about my access privileges. Seems clear to me.
Yes, it is different. But guess what? That does not give people that live there the right to only ask people of a particular race to prove that they live there. Which he did by the way. That is why the example I gave you was of you doing something perfectly legal as he was. You have ti backwards. You are doing your best to ignore a racial problem.

Didn't watch that far but just read the transcript above now. It got heated and who racialized it first? And we can watch videos all day of black and white and yellow people acting poorly. We probably disagree about the prevalence of racist behavior in society. I have seen more blacks acting inappropriately than whites in my lifetime of seeing confrontations between the races. But if you watch today's media it is almost all one way. Balderdash!
You are simply without excuse then. And it got heated and racialized by those unjustly questioning a resident of that community.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No it doesn't. You admit the cars contained his friends. That is enough regardless of the quantity. He isn't a resident of Springwater Plantation so he has no authority to invite anyone on to it.

It doesn't say it in this article. If you had bothered to read my previous posts you would already know that Mr. Gibson himself identifies his residence as being in Columbus, Georgia on both his FB and TikTok account pages. I can't fathom why you couldn't be bothered to read the previous posts where I provided this nor bothered to look for the information yourself. It is YOU that is persisting in something in spite of clear evidence to the contrary. Mr. Gibson himself has stated publicly he is a resident of Columbus, Georgia.
It appears that @Shaul is hoisted by his own petard again. He loves to put people that refute him on ignore. Since @Rachel Rugelach showed how he was a resident and he has not responded he probably has her on ignore as well.

George-ananda

Premium Member
Thoughts?
The title is

Black man harrassed by white neighbors for fishing in his own neighborhood.​

Nowadays would we ever see a headline worded:

White man harrassed by black neighbors for fishing in his own neighborhood.​

To me the predicatable wording of headline after headline is comical if not sadly.

Or if it involves police it's always something like 'unarmed black man blah, blah, blah'. It's an eyeroller to me.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
Give it a rest. You said car loads, not me.
I read the previous posts. What he identifies as in terms of residence is irrelevant to the fact that he is a resident in the community you claim he isn't. A fact stated several times in the article. He could identify as living on the moon. So what? It is where he lives and the evidence of that in the article that matters. Not the pride of someone caught in an error and refusing to admit that by doubling down and reaching for any chance to make that go away.

Others have already provided plausible possibilities why his information in online accounts may differ from his present residence.

You were wrong. Deal with it.

George-ananda

Premium Member
That does not give people that live there the right to only ask people of a particular race to prove that they live there.
Where did you get your information that that is indeed the case?

And plus, we aren't told the community's rules for residence checking for the lake. I would bet such rules are color-blind. They may be perfectly within their rights to ask.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Let me help you with that. Here's a transcript. This starts at around 3:00 in the video:

An angry White man whose property boundary is fenced off from the pond sees a Black man fishing on the other side of his fence and down an embankment.

Angry White Man: You're on private property. You see that fence? You don't cross that.

Black Guy Fishing: I didn't jump it.

Angry White Man: Hey! You didn't jump it, you walked around it!

Black Guy Fishing: [Tries to say something but is cut off.]

Angry White Man: You know why this is here? YOU KNOW WHY THIS IS HERE?? So ******** like you don't come into my house!

Black Guy Fishing: But you see, I'm fishing. I'm not worried about breaking into your property. I stay in the same neighborhood.

Angry White Man: I'm going to call the cops!

Black Guy Fishing: Not on me.

Angry White Man: On your car!

Black Guy Fishing: You can call on my car, I'm not doing nothing wrong. Hey, bro'. Come on, bro'.

Angry White Man: You see this? You go past that, you're on their property. Why don't you see a fence there? Cause nobody likes [insult is undecipherable] like you come through here.

Black Guy Fishing: Oh you don't like [undecipherable insult]?

Angry White Man: Like you!

Black Guy Fishing: Why am I a [undecipherable insult]?

Angry White Man: Do you live in this neighborhood?

Black Guy Fishing: Yes I do.

Angry White Man: You don't live in this neighborhood! You're lying, you piece of ****. Get the **** out of here!

Black Guy Fishing: Okay.

Angry White Man: GET THE **** OUT OF HERE!

Black Guy Fishing: I'm waiting on my buddy.

Angry White Man: Then get your buddy out of here!

Black Guy Fishing: That's what we're doing.

Angry White Man: Move it! Move it! Move it! Move it! MOVE IT!

Black Guy Fishing: Why are you threatening me for no reason? What are we doing?

Angry White Man: Nice teeth.*

*Not a compliment, but I'm not going to explain the racist trope.

"People like you" could mean those
who don't respect property lines.
I'm not saying the guy isn't racist.
Just that people are too eager to paint
every negative interracial donnybrook
as racist white folk at it again.

Shaul

Premium Member
Give it a rest. You said car loads, not me.

I read the previous posts. What he identifies as in terms of residence is irrelevant to the fact that he is a resident in the community you claim he isn't. A fact stated several times in the article. He could identify as living on the moon. So what? It is where he lives and the evidence of that in the article that matters. Not the pride of someone caught in an error and refusing to admit that by doubling down and reaching for any chance to make that go away.

Others have already provided plausible possibilities why his information in online accounts may differ from his present residence.

You were wrong. Deal with it.
I am not the one saying Mr. Gibson lives in Columbus, Georgia, Mr. Gibson himself says so on his publicly accessible social media pages. Mr Gibson knows where he lives better than the article you are clinging to. :D You are the one that needs to "give it up". You are absolutely wrong. That you refuse to admit it I find highly amusing. :)

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
I am not the one saying Mr. Gibson lives in Columbus, Georgia, Mr. Gibson himself says so on his publicly accessible social media pages. Mr Gibson knows where he lives better than the article you are clinging to. :D You are the one that needs to "give it up". You are absolutely wrong. That you refuse to admit it I find highly amusing. :)
Your claims regarding his status in the community where he is being harassed are incorrect and have been shown to be incorrect. If you want to draw conclusions on incorrect information and persist in its use, that is up to you. Given that you have failed to convince anyone to ignore what they have read in the report, I don't see a need to waste further words on it.

Shaul

Premium Member
Oh. I see. Self-identifies. Well that is the case cracker. I self-identify as a Ferrari. I must be a Ferrari with the logic you are championing here.

Is it so difficult to admit you are wrong or that this man is, in all likelihood, a target of racial bias? I guess it must be considering the evidence I've seen. Well, I'm satisfied that I can ignore your opinion and move on. Thank you.
So you think some article written by a second person from NBC is a more accurate source for determining Mr. Gibson's residence than his very own personally controlled social media sites. Yeah, I think Mr. Gibson can identify where he lives.

"Neighbors, in a viral video, Anthony Gibson of Columbus, Georgia," Login • Instagram
"Neighbors, in a viral video, Anthony Gibson of Columbus, Georgia, ... https://www.tiktok.com/video/7255671254118583598 "Lives in Columbus, Georgia" Anthony Gibson
"Gibson, who resides in a Columbus neighborhood" Georgia clinic fires its employee after she harassed a Black fisherman on video
"Gibson, who lives in Columbus, Georgia" White Georgia woman is FIRED from therapist job over viral TikTok of her harassing Black fisherman Anthony Gibson

I think we can ignore you.