• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black tomatoes

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Recipe? Sounds good.

Mango
Put the mango slices in a large bowl and sprinkle with salt. Leave overnight. ...
Put garlic, sugar, apples, mustard, ginger, vinegar and cayenne pepper in a pan and, over a low heat, dissolve the sugar.
Bring to the boil and add the mangoes. Simmer for 30 minutes until the chutney is thick and syrupy

Tomato

Heat some oil, add brown onions and ginger-garlic paste to it and cook till they brown.
Add tomatoes, sugar, salt, chilli powder and garam masala and cook to a thick consistency.
Add vinegar and simmer for about 5 minutes. When cool, pack in an airtight clean jar and store.

Milton Platt

So I was having a conversation with @Sunstone the other day about the tomatoes in my garden. My favorite are the small cherry tomatoes. They are great to snack on. @Sunstone recommended I try some of the black tomatoes. I said, "tomatoes are supposed to be red in my book, besides the tomatoes you are recommending look like some kind of alien seed pods from a movie like "Invasion of the body snatchers". I mean ,I don't want to eat them and then turn into someone I am not. But my friend Sunstone didn't give up and eventually I took his advice, reluctantly believing him that they were not in fact Alien seed pods. I ate some ,and he was right. They are delicious. I don't really feel different, but have noticed some minor changes in my daily routine and political views. For one thing and for no apparent reason, I went and stuck "Yes we can" stickers all over my car bumper. And put out yard signs that read "Hillary 2020". Also I never thought I would ever entertain the thought that clothing optional beaches were something to be considered. And why am I making gift baskets full of these tomatoes and leaving them on peoples doorsteps? Hmmm, doesn't seem to make sense really. Just somehow feels right. Did Sunstone have some nefarious reason behind recommending this odd fruit to me? Nah, couldn't be. Gotta go now, my new favorite program is on MSNBC.
View attachment 23073

Not to over do it, but:

http://heirloomseeds.com/

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
Tomatoes come in all shapes, sizes and flavours

The black ones are full of flavour and have a stronger 'tomato' flavour than red.

View attachment 23076

If you are into cherry tomatos, they also come in various cases

View attachment 23077
love tomatoes. I eat them like candy. I haven't had the chance to try any black varieties. There is reddish, greenish, dark-brown small fruit variety I'm fond of. It has this delicious earthy tomato flavor. I don't know the name.. I just buy them and eat them.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
well....having eaten an ongoing quantity of apricot seeds....
I'm on a crusade to convince people you can do that

eat poisonous seeds and die cancer free

you still die of course

years later

not likely not of cancer

and never mind about the cyanide molecule

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
well....having eaten an ongoing quantity of apricot seeds....
I'm on a crusade to convince people you can do that

eat poisonous seeds and die cancer free

you still die of course

years later

not likely not of cancer

and never mind about the cyanide molecule
There are many ways to die cancer free. I wouldn't recommend a lot of them. Are apricot seeds tasty?

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Mango
Put the mango slices in a large bowl and sprinkle with salt. Leave overnight. ...
Put garlic, sugar, apples, mustard, ginger, vinegar and cayenne pepper in a pan and, over a low heat, dissolve the sugar.
Bring to the boil and add the mangoes. Simmer for 30 minutes until the chutney is thick and syrupy

Tomato

Heat some oil, add brown onions and ginger-garlic paste to it and cook till they brown.
Add tomatoes, sugar, salt, chilli powder and garam masala and cook to a thick consistency.
Add vinegar and simmer for about 5 minutes. When cool, pack in an airtight clean jar and store.
I still use that potato recipe you gave me. Delicious.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
There are many ways to die cancer free. I wouldn't recommend a lot of them. Are apricot seeds tasty?
not tasty

a coworker snatched a couple from my tool bench
he thought they were almonds

I said nothing but watch at a distance as his face turned sour
REALLY sour

they kernels are bitter
an acquired taste

you get used to it

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
not tasty

a coworker snatched a couple from my tool bench
he thought they were almonds

I said nothing but watch at a distance as his face turned sour
REALLY sour

they kernels are bitter
an acquired taste

you get used to it
I think I'll stick to almonds. For now at least. I'm adventurous with food, but I have my lines. Death is a big line.

I'm just now reading about a man that poisoned himself with apricot seeds trying to prevent a prostate cancer relapse. Considering that cyanide is a nonspecific toxin, I don't see how it can cure cancer since it doesn't target just the cancer cells, but all the cells.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
They are delicious. I don't really feel different, but have noticed some minor changes in my daily routine and political views. For one thing and for no apparent reason, I went and stuck "Yes we can" stickers all over my car bumper. And put out yard signs that read "Hillary 2020". Also I never thought I would ever entertain the thought that clothing optional beaches were something to be considered. And why am I making gift baskets full of these tomatoes and leaving them on peoples doorsteps? Hmmm, doesn't seem to make sense really. Just somehow feels right. Did Sunstone have some nefarious reason behind recommending this odd fruit to me? Nah, couldn't be. Gotta go now, my new favorite program is on MSNBC.

I see you've figured out why I was calling them "stealth tomatoes", @David1967.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I think I'll stick to almonds. For now at least. I'm adventurous with food, but I have my lines. Death is a big line.

I'm just now reading about a man that poisoned himself with apricot seeds trying to prevent a prostate cancer relapse. Considering that cyanide is a nonspecific toxin, I don't see how it can cure cancer since it doesn't target just the cancer cells, but all the cells.
darn....poor guy didn't get it

ALL chemistry can kill

some college students substituted water for alcohol for a hazing.....
and someone died
seems the brain can swell when you do that

as for tomatoes......it was once believed they were poisonous
but maybe if you eat enough of them at onceo_O