• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boris Johnson - let's see how he and his government performs....

Altfish

Veteran Member
Did he come up with anything constructive or was he just criticising, using the benefit of hindsight?
He did what oppositions do; he asked questions. Questions that Raab was unable to answer.
Obscure questions like, How many staff had died in care homes? Figures that should be at the government's finger tips. Raab didn't have the answers.

Raab was woeful; it was a very good start for Starmer.

Notanumber

A Free Man
He did what oppositions do; he asked questions. Questions that Raab was unable to answer.
Obscure questions like, How many staff had died in care homes? Figures that should be at the government's finger tips. Raab didn't have the answers.

Raab was woeful; it was a very good start for Starmer.

The big question being, would he have had the answers if the roles were reversed?

Altfish

Veteran Member
The big question being, would he have had the answers if the roles were reversed?
No it is NOT - Raab is talking for the government, they are there to govern, not the opposition.

Here is an example exchange (since you couldn't leave your bubble to listen)...

Starmer: "The health secretary made a very important commitment to 100,000 tests per day by the end of April but yesterday the figures for actual tests was 18,000 which was down from Monday which was 19,000.
So, we are way behind the curve and the end of the month is a week tomorrow. What does the first secretary expect to happen in the next eight days to get us from 18,000 tests a day to 100,000?"

Raab: "I do have to correct him. Our capacity is now 40,000 tests a day which is an important milestone"

Starmer: "I didn't need correcting, because I gave the figure for the actual tests a day."

Starmer easily spotted Raab's weasel words/lies

Notanumber

A Free Man
No it is NOT - Raab is talking for the government, they are there to govern, not the opposition.

Here is an example exchange (since you couldn't leave your bubble to listen)...

Starmer: "The health secretary made a very important commitment to 100,000 tests per day by the end of April but yesterday the figures for actual tests was 18,000 which was down from Monday which was 19,000.
So, we are way behind the curve and the end of the month is a week tomorrow. What does the first secretary expect to happen in the next eight days to get us from 18,000 tests a day to 100,000?"

Raab: "I do have to correct him. Our capacity is now 40,000 tests a day which is an important milestone"

Starmer: "I didn't need correcting, because I gave the figure for the actual tests a day."

Starmer easily spotted Raab's weasel words/lies

I am glad that you have finally found someone to pin your hopes and dreams upon.

Anything has got to be better than those dreadful Corbynistas that you relied on previously.

Altfish

Veteran Member
I am glad that you have finally found someone to pin your hopes and dreams upon.

Anything has got to be better than those dreadful Corbynistas that you relied on previously.
Once again you are re-writing history. You know full well that I was NOT a Corbyn fan and I did not rely on him at all.
I am not pinning hopes and dreams on Starmer; but he will certainly make this awful government justify their decisions/mistakes

Notanumber

A Free Man
Once again you are re-writing history. You know full well that I was NOT a Corbyn fan and I did not rely on him at all.
I am not pinning hopes and dreams on Starmer; but he will certainly make this awful government justify their decisions/mistakes

One of the problems for Sir Keir is that he is the leader of what is still an anti-free-speech party.

Altfish

Veteran Member
.... anti-free-speech party.

Is this the latest waffle from your alt-right websites; can we expect to see it emblazoned everywhere.

Free speech for me is releasing reports (Remember the Russia Report?) even if they condemn the government. Was that Labour who stopped that publication?

Altfish

Veteran Member
94431586_704013203749139_6813489350475513856_o.jpg

https://scontent-lhr8-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=c224ecd13a50840ee45bcc12c031d984&oe=5EC647E5

Notanumber

A Free Man
Is this the latest waffle from your alt-right websites; can we expect to see it emblazoned everywhere.

Free speech for me is releasing reports (Remember the Russia Report?) even if they condemn the government. Was that Labour who stopped that publication?

Is Sir Keir demanding an investigation into the UK’s relationship with the CCP?

Is Sir Keir demanding the end of CCP involvement in UK infrastructure?

Which of these inspire you?

Who is in the new Labour shadow cabinet?

Do you really want Rebecca Long-Bailey in charge of your children’s or you grandchildren’s education?

Free speech for me means a great deal more than it means for you.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Is Sir Keir demanding an investigation into the UK’s relationship with the CCP?

Is Sir Keir demanding the end of CCP involvement in UK infrastructure?

Which of these inspire you?

Who is in the new Labour shadow cabinet?

Do you really want Rebecca Long-Bailey in charge of your children’s or you grandchildren’s education?

Free speech for me means a great deal more than it means for you.
Neither, I was banging on about that report before Starmer even put his name forward for leader

Notanumber

A Free Man
THE "BULLYING" European Union will cave to the UK's demands for a comprehensive post-Brexit free trade deal, with the creaking eurozone on the verge of collapse from the trillions of pounds being spent on the coronavirus crisis, voters in an Express.co.uk poll have claimed.

Boris Johnson has until June 30 to extend the transition period but is gallantly refusing to do so beyond the end of this year, despite the COVID-19 outbreak inflicting chaos on the bloc and Brexit talks virtually grounding to a halt. There is now mounting pressure on European Union leaders to agree a comprehensive free trade agreement over the coming months - with the prospect of a no deal growing ever stronger. Fears are also growing among politicians in Europe believe failing to reach an agreement would be disastrous for the EU, with the bloc already heading for financial turmoil.

'Dead club walking!' EU WILL collapse to UK demands over no deal Brexit threat - poll

Altfish

Veteran Member
THE "BULLYING" European Union will cave to the UK's demands for a comprehensive post-Brexit free trade deal, with the creaking eurozone on the verge of collapse from the trillions of pounds being spent on the coronavirus crisis, voters in an Express.co.uk poll have claimed.

Boris Johnson has until June 30 to extend the transition period but is gallantly refusing to do so beyond the end of this year, despite the COVID-19 outbreak inflicting chaos on the bloc and Brexit talks virtually grounding to a halt. There is now mounting pressure on European Union leaders to agree a comprehensive free trade agreement over the coming months - with the prospect of a no deal growing ever stronger. Fears are also growing among politicians in Europe believe failing to reach an agreement would be disastrous for the EU, with the bloc already heading for financial turmoil.

'Dead club walking!' EU WILL collapse to UK demands over no deal Brexit threat - poll
The Brexiteers have been saying this for 4-years; The Daily Brexspress is as unreliable as the Mail and will say things that whip their readers into a frenzy, waving their zimmer frames and colostomy bags

Notanumber

A Free Man
The Brexiteers have been saying this for 4-years; The Daily Brexspress is as unreliable as the Mail and will say things that whip their readers into a frenzy, waving their zimmer frames and colostomy bags

Unlike Boris, Sir Keir would have cracked by now.