• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boris Johnson - let's see how he and his government performs....

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Altfish

Veteran Member
I loved the gloves debacle. The government counted one pair of gloves as 2 items to make their figures look good when delivering PPE to the NHS.
Of course, the struggling NHS ended up with only half the pairs of gloves promised. Scandalous
Lying and deception is inbred in this lot - they have no scruples apart from bowing to their funders

Altfish

Veteran Member
This is why the UK needs to be self-sufficient in future.

Globalism is open to such con tricks.

My late father used to say. If you want a good job doing, do it yourself.
A bit like the fruit pickers, one farmer took on 50 UK pickers by the end of the week only a handful were left.
If Farage wants to do something useful, he should round up all the Brexit Voting, furloughed people and take them fruit/vegetable picking. That would be useful

Altfish

Veteran Member
Islam does not need Blasphemy laws and the CCP do not need their propaganda machine outside of their country when they both have Political Correctness serving their purposes very nicely indeed.
See, not a single example of this 'thing' you complain of

Altfish

Veteran Member
Search for Pat Condell. He knows how to get the message across to the blinkered.
Will you please use your own words to give an example; I know Pat Condell, used to quite like him until Brexit debates started; then he lost the plot.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Will you please use your own words to give an example; I know Pat Condell, used to quite like him until Brexit debates started; then he lost the plot.

Pat still has the old magic.

This is an example of Political Correctness from the BBC so it cannot possibly be fake news –

BBC News - Advert for 'reliable' worker 'rejected' by Jobcentre

That was back in 2010 so no wonder farmers find it difficult to recruit decent fruit pickers in the modern climate.

Things will have got a lot worse in the last decade but Political Correctness will prevent the BBC from reporting it now.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Pat still has the old magic.

This is an example of Political Correctness from the BBC so it cannot possibly be fake news –

BBC News - Advert for 'reliable' worker 'rejected' by Jobcentre

That was back in 2010 so no wonder farmers find it difficult to recruit decent fruit pickers in the modern climate.

Things will have got a lot worse in the last decade but Political Correctness will prevent the BBC from reporting it now.
No comment from the job Centre - did it really happen?

Altfish

Veteran Member
Stuff like this is happened in a lot of nations not just the UK. I just finished reading about covid test kits huge failure when it returned a positive for covid 19... in a goat.
But did those other nations announce it at a press conference; send military airplanes to collect it; then make a song and dance when it arrived?